Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346299 times)
DMC

« Reply #1065 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:33:46 »

Another huge clear out needed in the summer isn't there
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:33:57 »

Cowmeadow to Poole on loan
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:37:00 »

with unfortunately the ones we want to keep like Williams and Austin likely leaving of their own accord, realistically.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:52:54 »

I think so.

Question for the floor - I really don't follow other clubs that closely. Is this now becoming the norm at most clubs or are we suffering from teething problems?

I get you get moneybags outliers who can afford to build established squads and keep them for a bit.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:02:50 »

I think so.

Question for the floor - I really don't follow other clubs that closely. Is this now becoming the norm at most clubs or are we suffering from teething problems?

I get you get moneybags outliers who can afford to build established squads and keep them for a bit.

I think we must be a bit of an outlier, there can’t be many clubs where come February the following season there’s on one member of last years squad left.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:07:30 »

I think so.

Wasn't it said the start of pre-season by Sandro we was building a squad so that in the summer it would not be wholesale changes every season but to add to a squad to strengthen it.

The teams that seem to do better each season I believe already have that pool of players that have been together for quite a while, then gets added to.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:10:34 »

I think so.

We've been shuffling squads in the summer for years, ironically its only really been this season where we have stopped being very dependent on loans and actually started signing players up for more than a single season, doesn't seem to be going very well but does seem to be a marked change of tack.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:21:59 »

Think that decision cant be made till the summer.

Only a few weeks ago everyone was certain Lindsey was the problem.
Now he’s gone and we’ve lost a few under Morris the players are the problem (so was Lindsey a good manager then with a poor squad?)

We are desperately lacking a no nonsense CB. A ball winning midfielder and an attacking left sided player (when all fit and healthy)

Even players like Darcy & Shade, who most fans seemingly want rid of. I think have something in their locker. Not sure hauling them out to roll the dice again next season would be anymore beneficial than giving them a second season tbh.

Even if we replaced them with lower league journey men. It’s still a gamble. We’ve had plenty of those types turn out to be shit.

Yes our squad lacks experience but in the last 30 years we’ve had some fucking awful experienced players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:43:56 »

Yes our squad lacks experience but in the last 30 years we’ve had some fucking awful experienced players.

No arguments there.

But maybe the best player available is over 24. Why limit yourself (OK Austin)
DMC

« Reply #1074 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:59:50 »

Think that decision cant be made till the summer.

Only a few weeks ago everyone was certain Lindsey was the problem.
Now he’s gone and we’ve lost a few under Morris the players are the problem (so was Lindsey a good manager then with a poor squad?)

We are desperately lacking a no nonsense CB. A ball winning midfielder and an attacking left sided player (when all fit and healthy)

Even players like Darcy & Shade, who most fans seemingly want rid of. I think have something in their locker. Not sure hauling them out to roll the dice again next season would be anymore beneficial than giving them a second season tbh.

Even if we replaced them with lower league journey men. It’s still a gamble. We’ve had plenty of those types turn out to be shit.

For me it's more the fringe players i mean, Players like Parsons, Aguiare Dabre are just not progressing.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 18:15:11 »

For me it's more the fringe players i mean, Players like Parsons, Aguiare Dabre are just not progressing.
Yes indeed.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:37:32 »

So, bit early but lots of talk of overhauls in summer. Here's who is out of contract and under contract:

Out of Contract Summer 23
Brynn (Loan), Baudry (Retiring), Harries, Minturn, Lavinier (we think), Brennan (Loan), Tomlinson (Loan), McEachran, Williams, Kadji (Loan), Austin, Massey, Jephcott (Loan), RHM, Parsons, Dabre, Cowmeadow, Brann (possibly)

2024 or Beyond
Hutton, Clayton, Devine, FBT, Iandolo, Darcy, Cain (25), Aguiar (25), Khan, Adeloye, Wakeling (26), Shade, Roberts (we think)

A few people on the wrong lists there, but there is a core of the spine of the team contracted beyond this summer at least.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:44:18 »

Club could get some good will back by getting one or two of those ooc in the summer signed up for next season…
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 13:28:40 »

One of our biggest mistakes in regards to experienced CB's was extending Baudry's contract last year. He had a few good games at the end of the year, but had missed large parts due to injury.

Is he even near the dressing room with his experience or is he just translating at Bournemouth?!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Thursday, February 16, 2023, 15:11:10 »

I'm confused why Tomlinson was brought in, he is injured and by the seems of it judging by todays presser a distance away from full training, then he has to get fit, how many games will he get to play for us ?

Surely you only bring a player in that is for e.g. a week away from fitness, or you do a medical and determine he is a month or so away from fitness rather than take the loaning clubs word for it

You wonder if this was a panic signing with others falling though, I hope we are not paying his wages while he is injured.

I'd like to hear Sandro's take on it.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: