Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354417 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 12:08:16 »

Thats the thing with young players, its rare that players over 28 become much better under a new manager but with guidance and coaching often young players progress much better (can work the opposite of course too).

Ossie managed to improve Macari's players.

..never go back.
DMC

« Reply #991 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 12:15:41 »

Thats the thing with young players, its rare that players over 28 become much better under a new manager but with guidance and coaching often young players progress much better (can work the opposite of course too).
Agree, the good thing on our side though is i think some of these players went backwards under Lindsey so hopefully Morris improves that. Shade looks a better player already under Gunning/Mildy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #992 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 12:20:58 »

Ossie managed to improve Macari's players.
TBH all the players we had under Macari and Ardiles were great players anyway, Ardiles managed to bring in a couple of players to improve the side but the neucleus of the Macari team was brilliant anyway.

Ardiles took a team that finished in 4th place under Macari in 88/89 and they finished in 6th place under Ardiles in 89/90 they just had an easier ride in the play off.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #993 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 12:25:47 »

Agree, the good thing on our side though is i think some of these players went backwards under Lindsey so hopefully Morris improves that. Shade looks a better player already under Gunning/Mildy
Indeed, at times severeal of the players who looked good under Garner looked much worse under Lindsey, Reed & Iandolo are 2 that went backwards.

I still think there is a player in Shade too despite many posters disagreeing, again he needs to find his best position and role in the team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 15:24:57 »

Indeed, at times severeal of the players who looked good under Garner looked much worse under Lindsey, Reed & Iandolo are 2 that went backwards.

I still think there is a player in Shade too despite many posters disagreeing, again he needs to find his best position and role in the team.

I think Shade is an instinctive player, much better when he doesn't have to think about what he's doing.

We couldn't understand yesterday why he didn't attack the full back more, he had him on toast for speed
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 17:42:28 »

Me being one :-)

I can see why people think the opposite of me though - like you describe, I bet every Manager he has played under thought the same.  He looks on the edge of being a player, but I just don't see from him the ability to go beyond what he is right now.  I think this is it.  I have no doubt he looked better as a youth prospect, probably outsized players, more pace, more physicality etc.  I just think he probably had it a bit easy but once he got to mens football everyone just overtook him.  As a result he missed a few years of what should have been developing his skills further, his instincts, the footballing brain if you like.

For utterly different reasons, RHM looks like a young teenager just getting his first sight of mens football.  He looks very "raw", which is likely because he kept getting injured.  Again, for different reasons, he has missed a few years of development.  Difference with him is that he missed it completely, so he can probably be coached a bit more, be more open to understanding he is behind where he would have been.

I would love for both to come good, I reckon only the latter has a real chance.  Shade may bob along at this level I think.
DMC

« Reply #996 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 17:46:13 »

Me being one :-)

I can see why people think the opposite of me though - like you describe, I bet every Manager he has played under thought the same.  He looks on the edge of being a player, but I just don't see from him the ability to go beyond what he is right now.  I think this is it.  I have no doubt he looked better as a youth prospect, probably outsized players, more pace, more physicality etc.  I just think he probably had it a bit easy but once he got to mens football everyone just overtook him.  As a result he missed a few years of what should have been developing his skills further, his instincts, the footballing brain if you like.

For utterly different reasons, RHM looks like a young teenager just getting his first sight of mens football.  He looks very "raw", which is likely because he kept getting injured.  Again, for different reasons, he has missed a few years of development.  Difference with him is that he missed it completely, so he can probably be coached a bit more, be more open to understanding he is behind where he would have been.

I would love for both to come good, I reckon only the latter has a real chance.  Shade may bob along at this level I think.
The thing for me is that he was playong better than this level last season. He was very highly thought of at Walsall last season and was wanted by them and other clubs. Weirdly, Murphy i didn't realise is the eldest of the 2 and at times looked headless yesterday but like you say there are glimpses of quality. I would like to think they are boach very coachable
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 17:47:12 »

RHM reminds me of that trialist that looks decent but does a bit too much.

But he's good at creating a bit of space, and a good assist yesterday with the cross
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 19:19:48 »

Spot on JJ, I alluded to this on the political thread. Some people don't seem to want a discussion, they just want a mindless attack. This 'be nice' thing after that TV presenter took her own life didn't really get far sadly did it?

Also, on the flip there is also recognising when someone is having a joke/horseplay (which depending on an individual's mood at the time, can sometimes be difficult to translate; esp. online). Like me the other day, telling you to 'shut up Gareth...' was nothing more than a joke. Which I'm certain you know it was but others may have read it thinking I was having a serious pop at you.

Never the case though as you're in my top 5 all time fave gingers, and only one place below Ralph Graham. Talking of former players, has MacDonald officially been announced as gone yet?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DMC

« Reply #999 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 19:42:45 »

Also, on the flip there is also recognising when someone is having a joke/horseplay (which depending on an individual's mood at the time, can sometimes be difficult to translate; esp. online). Like me the other day, telling you to 'shut up Gareth...' was nothing more than a joke. Which I'm certain you know it was but others may have read it thinking I was having a serious pop at you.

Never the case though as you're in my top 5 all time fave gingers, and only one place below Ralph Graham. Talking of former players, has MacDonald officially been announced as gone yet?
I was guilty of that myself to you earlier tbf. You carry on as you are, ignore miserable cunts like me
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 22:19:51 »

I was guilty of that myself to you earlier tbf. You carry on as you are, ignore miserable cunts like me

Stop derailing the thread, you miserable cunt Smiley

You seem alright tbh

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:54:51 »

Who will be the new captain do we think? FBT, Austin, Williams?

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:55:46 »

Who will be the new captain do we think? FBT, Austin, Williams?

Sent from my XQ-AD51

I think Austin with FBT vice - or vice versa.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 16:56:35 »

Austin was captain on Saturday wasn't he? So, him on that basis I would say...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 17:20:07 »

If Williams stays and signs a new contract he should be Vice, but FBT would be a good choice too.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: