Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346199 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:22:42 »

I don't disagree, but some fans need to understand what effect their moronic comments have on players. Why should we have the freedom to pour out bile at individuals because they didn't have their best game of football and not hear directly back from them? Wakeling is a young, up and coming player learning his trade. We have the power to destroy his confidence, and we need to understand that. There is enough going around at the moment about mental health in football for anyone to see the dangers.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:31:59 »

I don't disagree, but some fans need to understand what effect their moronic comments have on players. Why should we have the freedom to pour out bile at individuals because they didn't have their best game of football and not hear directly back from them? Wakeling is a young, up and coming player learning his trade. We have the power to destroy his confidence, and we need to understand that. There is enough going around at the moment about mental health in football for anyone to see the dangers.

Hutton came out and defended Wakeling as well on Twitter. I'm on the fence a bit, I do like how mature Hutts seemed to be, didn't go overboard and just explained this is Wakeling's first season and statistically he's having a pretty good season. That said I do also think long term its probably better players don't get involved, especially if things turn worse.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #977 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:33:25 »

I don't think you can apply the moronic comments thing to just football fans, it seems absolutely prevalent in every walk of life on social media, for every 3 or 4 good comments there is one comment that does nothing more than attack an individual directly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:39:04 »

Hutton came out and defended Wakeling as well on Twitter. I'm on the fence a bit, I do like how mature Hutts seemed to be, didn't go overboard and just explained this is Wakeling's first season and statistically he's having a pretty good season. That said I do also think long term its probably better players don't get involved, especially if things turn worse.
Stats show he’s top of the U21 goals and assists in L2.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:40:35 »

I don't think you can apply the moronic comments thing to just football fans, it seems absolutely prevalent in every walk of life on social media, for every 3 or 4 good comments there is one comment that does nothing more than attack an individual directly.

Spot on JJ, I alluded to this on the political thread. Some people don't seem to want a discussion, they just want a mindless attack. This 'be nice' thing after that TV presenter took her own life didn't really get far sadly did it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:40:47 »

Stats show he’s top of the U21 goals and assists in L2.
He has been for a while I believe as he started really well but hasn’t hit the same heights recently.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:46:38 »

He’s 19. Next season, watch out L1!
DMC

« Reply #982 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:47:42 »

Agree. He is twice the player Twine was at that stage of his career
Peter Venkman

« Reply #983 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:48:34 »

*21 and a half Wink

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:49:19 »

He's also 21, but still young.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:02:03 »

I reckon there could be a couple of presently meh players improving no end under Morris.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #986 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:22:29 »

I reckon there could be a couple of presently meh players improving no end under Morris.
Thats the thing with young players, its rare that players over 28 become much better under a new manager but with guidance and coaching often young players progress much better (can work the opposite of course too).

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:36:21 »

Whilst we want open and transparent communications from the club, I'm not liking the extent of interaction from players on twitter.

To get players keep responding to negative fans tweets isn't going to work and someone at the club needs to keep a lid on it. RHP last week, wakeling yesterday and austin sticking up for him.

If you continuously react to every fans opinion your going to eat yourself up and it will effect you. If we lose badly there are going to be hundreds of these comments floating around and you can't respond and stoke the fire. Ignore

I've just found the Wakeling/Austin thing. Im staggered that the fan seemed to be suggesting that he wasn't 100% committed. Whilst it's not quite happening for Wakeling I genuinely find it staggering you could think that about him, he gives his all every time he steps on the pitch, his commitment is exemplary.

Also what it not on is abusing that fan and his family via DM. Twitter can be such a cess pit sometimes.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:40:32 by Bob's Orange » Logged

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 11:52:00 »

Whilst we want open and transparent communications from the club, I'm not liking the extent of interaction from players on twitter.

To get players keep responding to negative fans tweets isn't going to work and someone at the club needs to keep a lid on it. RHP last week, wakeling yesterday and austin sticking up for him.

If you continuously react to every fans opinion your going to eat yourself up and it will effect you. If we lose badly there are going to be hundreds of these comments floating around and you can't respond and stoke the fire. Ignore

I think with how quickly falsne bollocks gets spread around on twitter now it makes sense to argue your point. That in particular was Wakeling standing on the spot and waiting with the ball for Austin. That escalated into people saying he isn't a team player isn't committed to the team etc.... Why shouldn't he respond to that
Broadly speaking I agree with both of the above. Stay away from it unless something particularly spurious / offensive has been posted. Then you reply, put the record straight and come out of there because if you don't you get dragged into an ever downward spiral.

FWIW I thought the original comment from the Town fan was quite a strange one and was really making something out of absolutely fuck all.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 12:05:51 »

Broadly speaking I agree with both of the above. Stay away from it unless something particularly spurious / offensive has been posted. Then you reply, put the record straight and come out of there because if you don't you get dragged into an ever downward spiral.

FWIW I thought the original comment from the Town fan was quite a strange one and was really making something out of absolutely fuck all.

the bigger issue is you will always find someone that will criticise and an important thing is they might not even be swindon fans that comment.

It would be a full time job a top level footballer to reply to every negative comment. Think it was Roy Keane saying Rashford and Co should stop posting every week apologising for performances and do the talking on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: