Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346185 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 12:48:02 »

Got 3 ain't we Brynn, Brann (at least its easy for the Kitman) and Copland, a veritable bundle of riches.

Brann buggered his knee and is out for the season I think. Copland is 17 and I'd imagine some way off first team football. Does the emergency window still apply for keepers? I wonder if we might be going down that route rather than getting in a number 2.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 13:15:00 »

Because Copland hasn't played a first team game, I think we'd be able to get an emergency loan in outside of the window. Just have to hope Brynn doesn't do himself an injury in the warm up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 13:24:01 »

Sandro has said that there is no value in a L2 club owning a good keeper as nobody pays good money for them at that level. Loanee keepers it is then.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 13:42:02 »

The kind of places that tend to claim they know these things reckon that Williams is our highest earner. Which is odd as he signed under the strict embargo, but it's possible we backloaded his contract so he was on less last year (because of the cap_) in return for a higher salary this year. But honestly we don't know, although 3-5k for the very top tier earners feels about right in this division. Not for the average squad members though!

Williams today:

I signed under the embargo back in 2021, I have really enjoyed my time here. I am up in the summer, but I want to stay. If we can get something sorted then amazing, but if not then who knows. I have loved my time here, the fans have been amazing since I came in. There are a number of factors, I would love to get promoted and stay and if the offer is there then I would consider staying. We will see.

Money is important but not everything. You want to be valued and be a part of something. Many things, location as well. Big things are feeling valued, being apart of something, going to work every day and looking forward to it, and the manager playing you.

I guess it is football, you never really know what will work. The turnover in the summer was huge, we let a lot of good people go. In order to be successful you need to keep good people here, value people and keep a strong bond between the fans and in the dressing room. Sometimes it works, but sometimes you get injured. I really don't know what will happen. I have loved my time here and I am desperate to get promotion. I would like to stay, but we have to come to an agreement.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 13:55:02 »

Sandro has said that there is no value in a L2 club owning a good keeper as nobody pays good money for them at that level. Loanee keepers it is then.
Good with me - our best ‘keepers at this level in recent seasons have been loanees - Brynn, Benda, Foderingham (initially)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 14:07:14 »

Good with me - our best ‘keepers at this level in recent seasons have been loanees - Brynn, Benda, Foderingham (initially)

and also our worst.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 14:08:21 »

Williams today:

Get him a contract offer out ASAP. One player that will still be straight on the team sheet if we're in League One.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 14:19:39 »

Get him a contract offer out ASAP. One player that will still be straight on the team sheet if we're in League One.

I suspect it depends on which league we'll be in next season. If it's true that he is on £4k+ per week that's a lot of outlay for a league 2 player. I think if we get promoted it's a stick on he'll get another contract offer. He's been good this season so i'd hope we are doing what we can to retain him, come what may.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 15:48:47 »

I suspect it depends on which league we'll be in next season. If it's true that he is on £4k+ per week that's a lot of outlay for a league 2 player. I think if we get promoted it's a stick on he'll get another contract offer. He's been good this season so i'd hope we are doing what we can to retain him, come what may.

No chance Williams is here next season with Sandro making decisions.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 15:49:18 »

Didn’t know where to put this

Most goals scored in the EFL since 2000 (play-offs excluded)

1️⃣Peterborough United - 1533
2️⃣Bristol City - 1450
3️⃣Rochdale - 1424
4️⃣Swindon Town - 1419
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 15:51:47 »

2️⃣Bristol City - 1450
3️⃣Rochdale - 1424
4️⃣Swindon Town - 1419

We must be pretty high up the goals conceded chart too, seeing as we've ended up net two divisions lower than we were in 2000, and have been relegated five times in total!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #971 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 16:14:16 »

2️⃣Bristol City - 1450
3️⃣Rochdale - 1424
4️⃣Swindon Town - 1419
TBH Rochdale genuinely surprises me as they have had a fair few struggling seasons recently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 17:16:45 »

TBH Rochdale genuinely surprises me as they have had a fair few struggling seasons recently.

I bet if you looked, there aren’t actually that many teams that have stayed in only the EFL during that time. Will have been a fair few that have played premier league football, and others that were in non league.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:12:35 »

Whilst we want open and transparent communications from the club, I'm not liking the extent of interaction from players on twitter.

To get players keep responding to negative fans tweets isn't going to work and someone at the club needs to keep a lid on it. RHP last week, wakeling yesterday and austin sticking up for him.

If you continuously react to every fans opinion your going to eat yourself up and it will effect you. If we lose badly there are going to be hundreds of these comments floating around and you can't respond and stoke the fire. Ignore
DMC

« Reply #974 on: Sunday, January 29, 2023, 10:16:33 »

I think with how quickly falsne bollocks gets spread around on twitter now it makes sense to argue your point. That in particular was Wakeling standing on the spot and waiting with the ball for Austin. That escalated into people saying he isn't a team player isn't committed to the team etc.... Why shouldn't he respond to that
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: