Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346332 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 12:52:24 »

Good move for him, hopefully.

Parsons and Dabre's loans should have expired, any news on extensions?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 12:55:43 »

Should probably encourage that to be a Permanent move, good technique but flits in and out of games which is why he was so far down the food chain to begin with.  Like Darcy really, worth a punt because there is some underlying talent that is obvious and probably shows up in those stats analysis packs.  What we have seen from both is that technique is already very good but in both cases I haven't seen any improvement in other aspects.  If anything they have both gone a little backwards.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 12:57:55 »

Should probably encourage that to be a Permanent move, good technique but flits in and out of games which is why he was so far down the food chain to begin with.  Like Darcy really, worth a punt because there is some underlying talent that is obvious and probably shows up in those stats analysis packs.  What we have seen from both is that technique is already very good but in both cases I haven't seen any improvement in other aspects.  If anything they have both gone a little backwards.

We gave him a new three year deal four months ago...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 13:01:43 »

I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong, but he is not an Alzate type player (similar style and technique) where you can see how he will go on to be better.  I just think what you see is what you get.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 13:08:17 »

really good move for aguiar albeit for a struggling team. i like to think there is potential in him and hopefully game time proves that.

that walsall 5 nil he was unbelievable. will be looking out for him the rest of the season.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 14:17:50 »

Lots of potential on the ball. Pretty woeful off it.

The game when Aguiar and Gladwin were in centre mid earlier this season was horrendous. Two blokes with no interest in pressing nor tracking back.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 14:30:38 »

Jephcott definitely staying
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 15:03:58 »

Lots of potential on the ball. Pretty woeful off it.

The game when Aguiar and Gladwin were in centre mid earlier this season was horrendous. Two blokes with no interest in pressing nor tracking back.

For sure. Aguiar would look really impressive with a good team. not a team that is poor on form and lacking fight and without a centre mid rock to take control. A luxury player that this team can't carry with current personnel. that goes against his loan move to a struggling conference team- but regular football might just get that back into him.

someone that I am glad is on a 3 year contract that has potential to come back in during better times.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 15:14:24 »

Jephcott definitely staying

I bet he’s ecstatic.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 15:23:36 »

I heard a week or so ago that he had signed a 3yr deal (or 2 with an option) how accurate that is I don't know.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 16:18:17 »

For sure. Aguiar would look really impressive with a good team. not a team that is poor on form and lacking fight and without a centre mid rock to take control. A luxury player that this team can't carry with current personnel. that goes against his loan move to a struggling conference team- but regular football might just get that back into him.

someone that I am glad is on a 3 year contract that has potential to come back in during better times.

I think that's possibly another flaw in the 'buy young to improve' plan in that young inexperienced players are likley to struggle and not really have the opportunity to develop in a poorly playing team.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 06:38:11 »

At least it looks like Clayton is now fully fit. The difference in points gained with and without him is stark.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #897 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 10:41:01 »

At least it looks like Clayton is now fully fit. The difference in points gained with and without him is stark.
We have won 8, drawn 5 and lost 5 with him playing.

But in 2 games he was subbed off Crawley and Northampton we were drawing those games when he was taken off and subsiquently lost them both so it could read won 8, drawn 7 and lost 3 with him playing.

When he hasn't played we have only won 2, drawn 3 lost 4 in the league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 14:32:23 »

So Austin wears 11 then... can't change numbers mid season despite Cowmeadow being happy to do so.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 14:50:04 »

So Austin wears 11 then... can't change numbers mid season despite Cowmeadow being happy to do so.

Finally, a real reason to boo the suits at the Football League.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: