Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 355325 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 16:59:59 »

I though FBT looked the type of player that is one to help us into the top 3.  It is of course subjective. There's a point there somewhere. Something to do with spreadsheets and black and white answers.

There have been a lot of players that have quite clearly not hit the mark. Better not name them as people get upset.

But my question is this. What term payback are we looking for on a player - at what point do we cut and run in the model? 1 season, 2 seasons? More? Less? Whatever the contract we gave them says?

How much capital is tied up on punts and how much does this prevent us from dabbling in the market.

If DMC is right, its all good. 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 17:02:11 »

If you look at our summer transfers, the hit rate isn't so bad.

Seem pretty good or better:

MacDonald
RHM
Shade
Wakeling
Lavinier
Darcy
Khan
Hutton
Clayton
Jephcott
Brennan
Brynn
FBT

Seem like missteps, although could still step up:

Adeloye
Harries (suggestion is he was a pre-Sandro/Scott L signing)

Never really expected to be part of first team/not really clear yet:

Brann
Massey
Roberts
Devine

The issues in the summer were more about the balance of who we signed in which positions rather than actual talent identification, in my view. Maybe I'm being overly generous, but not sure there are too many in first category that are really up for debate.

A lot of the fringier players were already at the club - we just don't seem to have been very ruthless in saying this person isn't going to be part of the squad and can be shipped out.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 17:04:23 by Nemo » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 17:15:08 »

I think Roberts is highly rated by the management, came across that way in the docuseries thing anyway. Hes starting to have longer time on pitch as a sub now aswell
DMC

« Reply #813 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 17:19:04 »

I think Roberts is highly rated by the management, came across that way in the docuseries thing anyway. Hes starting to have longer time on pitch as a sub now aswell
Oooooh Banbury friend
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 17:20:50 »

I still wouldn't be surprised If Jephcott went back to Plymouth in January and maybe loaned out elsewhere.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 21:04:16 »

I still wouldn't be surprised If Jephcott went back to Plymouth in January and maybe loaned out elsewhere.

Ditto. Be interesting if Austin joins and Jephcott stays also.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 21:45:34 »

If you look at our summer transfers, the hit rate isn't so bad.

Seem pretty good or better:

MacDonald
RHM
Shade
Wakeling
Lavinier
Darcy
Khan
Hutton
Clayton
Jephcott
Brennan
Brynn
FBT

Seem like missteps, although could still step up:

Adeloye
Harries (suggestion is he was a pre-Sandro/Scott L signing)

Never really expected to be part of first team/not really clear yet:

Brann
Massey
Roberts
Devine

The issues in the summer were more about the balance of who we signed in which positions rather than actual talent identification, in my view. Maybe I'm being overly generous, but not sure there are too many in first category that are really up for debate.

A lot of the fringier players were already at the club - we just don't seem to have been very ruthless in saying this person isn't going to be part of the squad and can be shipped out.

You're being kind to McDonald, Shade and Darcy. Clearly able players but haven't turned out much of note (Darcy at Mansfield aside).

I excuse Jephcott from that list on the basis the style of play has not been setup around him, which is illogical.

Also, Lavinier and Hutton both good but pretty pointless signing two good right backs while not signing anyone who brings attacking threat down the left.

RHM can clearly play but whether it's a good signing surely depends on him being able to get/stay on the pitch
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 21:50:04 by Boeta » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 21:47:49 »

He's been completely ineffective to date.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 21:57:36 »

One of the big disappointments this season has been the lack of progression for Aguiar.

7 goals in 14 in Conference South last season and impressed for a few games when he came back, before, understandably in his first season, tailing off. Decent off the bench first appearance this season. Then, useless - no output on the ball but also the worst/laziest closing down when the oppo have it
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 22:00:18 by Boeta » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 23:23:03 »

Been told to expect a very busy and productive window

Scenes when we let Reed go and sign absolutely no one…
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 02:23:40 »

You're being kind to McDonald, Shade and Darcy. Clearly able players but haven't turned out much of note (Darcy at Mansfield aside).

I excuse Jephcott from that list on the basis the style of play has not been setup around him, which is illogical.

Also, Lavinier and Hutton both good but pretty pointless signing two good right backs while not signing anyone who brings attacking threat down the left.

RHM can clearly play but whether it's a good signing surely depends on him being able to get/stay on the pitch
Christ on a bike. You’ve slated just about everyone in your 3 posts. I fear supporting a L2 side isn’t for you.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 08:14:54 »

Middlesbrough unlikely to recall Brynn as they are really happy with his progress
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 08:34:30 »

Middlesbrough unlikely to recall Brynn as they are really happy with his progress

Well that is crucial news if we're to have any sort of chance.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 08:44:37 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23207022.middlesbrough-rule-recalling-sol-brynn-swindon-town/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Thursday, December 22, 2022, 08:45:36 »

Great news.

Just need Father Christmas to deliver a left back or two to Burton so we can keep FBT
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: