Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354399 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:26:35 »

Not sure Williams and/or Reed would want one - especially if still in L2.

Minturn will get offered a new one I reckon.

Would have expected the likes of Dabre and Parsons would have featured and not loaned out if the club were thinking of retaining them.

Baudry and Harries defo no. Think Frenchie will retire.

Cowmeadow and Massey - who knows.

Now, Gladwin. Could see him maybe coach/player
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:29:27 »

I guess I thought we would at least talk to Williams. I can't see him staying in L2 either.
Reed needs to go if he remains bit part.

Agree Baudry will be thanks and goodbye.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:30:11 »

So those that are known to be OOC at the end of the season from the list are:

6. Mathieu Baudry - 2023 - 34 - DC
26. Cian Harries - 2023 - 25 - DLC
5. Louis Reed - 2023 - 25 - MC
7. Ben Gladwin 2023 - 30 - MC
8. Jonny Williams - 2023 - 28 - MLC
14. Oscar Massey - 2023 - 18 - ST
19. Rushian Hepburn-Murphy - 2023 - 23 - ST

31. Harrison Minturn - 2023 - 18 - DC - On loan at Chippenham Town until the end of January
29. Harry Parsons - 2023 - 19 - ST - On loan at Chippenham Town until end of December
30. Mo Dabre - 2023 - 19 - MRL - On loan at Worthing until beginning of January
32. George Cowmeadow - 2023 - 18 - AML/ST - On loan at Kidlington until end of January
-----------
So I suspect Williams and Gladwin, maybe RHM but surely needs to prove fitness. Maybe all the youngsters. Keep forgetting Dabre is only 19.

I assume Baudry will retire like he was supposed to have done summer just gone, and I suspect Reed will not accept anything unless he starts playing regularly.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:37:33 »

I guess I thought we would at least talk to Williams. I can't see him staying in L2 either.
Reed needs to go if he remains bit part.

Agree Baudry will be thanks and goodbye.

I've heard that Williams thinks a lot of the club for the way they have been able to manage him after a tough spell higher up the leagues with injuries. It wouldn't surprise me if he chooses to stay, he seems to be really enjoying his football and has improved in my eyes this season.

Would Baudry be one to go into coaching with us perhaps? Or is he more likely to have something already arranged post football (think he might have mentioned something 'businessy' on a Podcast but I can't properly recall)

We don't appear to be doing anything at all with Massey, I may be wrong but he never appears in any games we arrange, either in the youths or friendlies or the Pizza Trophy. Surprised he hasn't been loaned out to get football, even at a low level to see what he can do. Maybe we've already decided he's not going to make it with us. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #754 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 10:53:28 »

I've heard that Williams thinks a lot of the club for the way they have been able to manage him after a tough spell higher up the leagues with injuries. It wouldn't surprise me if he chooses to stay, he seems to be really enjoying his football and has improved in my eyes this season.

Would Baudry be one to go into coaching with us perhaps? Or is he more likely to have something already arranged post football (think he might have mentioned something 'businessy' on a Podcast but I can't properly recall)

We don't appear to be doing anything at all with Massey, I may be wrong but he never appears in any games we arrange, either in the youths or friendlies or the Pizza Trophy. Surprised he hasn't been loaned out to get football, even at a low level to see what he can do. Maybe we've already decided he's not going to make it with us.  
From what I have heard Williams does indeed love it at the club and is very grateful for helping him through a rough point in his career, I would think if there is any chance we can gain promotion (laughs maniacally) then he will definately stay but could wait until the end of the season to sign.

Baudry himself said he doesn't want to go into coaching so he will retire and put imself into his business venture 100%.

Massey is a weird one, I think hes not fully fit but hes still very young (18) and has been out on loan at Hungerford and Wantage to get game time but there has been very little talk from the club about him.

Minturn is highly regarded at Swindon and I think he has the attributes to do well and will almost certainly be offered a new deal, Cowmeadow is well rated but had a failed loan at Slough terminated with very little game time, may be worth 1 more season.

Parsons seems to do well at Chippenham but for me he has not shown anything yet in any of his 25 appearances in the 1st team over the last 4 years, I think he needs to move to further his career.

Mo Dabre, hmmm not convinced there is a player or not yet in there, hes like a tasmanian devil and full of energy but doesnt do much when he has the ball, probably worth another year though if his succession of loans have been of use to him and us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 11:08:52 »

From what I have heard Williams does indeed love it at the club and is very grateful for helping him through a rough point in his career, I would think if there is any chance we can gain promotion (laughs maniacally) then he will definately stay but could wait until the end of the season to sign.

Baudry himself said he doesn't want to go into coaching so he will retire and put imself into his business venture 100%.

Massey is a weird one, I think hes not fully fit but hes still very young (18) and has been out on loan at Hungerford and Wantage to get game time but there has been very little talk from the club about him.

Minturn is highly regarded at Swindon and I think he has the attributes to do well and will almost certainly be offered a new deal, Cowmeadow is well rated but had a failed loan at Slough terminated with very little game time, may be worth 1 more season.

Parsons seems to do well at Chippenham but for me he has not shown anything yet in any of his 25 appearances in the 1st team over the last 4 years, I think he needs to move to further his career.

Mo Dabre, hmmm not convinced there is a player or not yet in there, hes like a tasmanian devil and full of energy but doesnt do much when he has the ball, probably worth another year though if his succession of loans have been of use to him and us.

I guess with players like Parsons, Dabre, Minturn and Massey etc the coaching staff probably need about 2 years (a time period completely plucked out of thin air) to develop them football wise and also as their bodies properly develop. There has to come a time whereby they reach a point where the club doesn't think they can be or become and asset and will be released.

Didn't we give Parsons a 3 year deal? He is 20 now so surely by the end of that 3 year spell we'll know if he is to have much of a future. Surely next year he needs a season at least at National League level?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 12:49:06 »

I think it is important to give the younger players a bit of time to develop.

I remember an away game a couple of years ago where Twine had the ball on the wing and got muscled off. As he trotted back to our half, someone behind me shouted “It’s a man’s game Scotty!” Which drew a wounded look from the lad.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 14:05:04 »

Gladwin signed a new contract in January didn't he?
Wasn't mentioned how long but I'd imagine that next season is covered at least.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 11:16:34 »

Baudry has done his ACL

career ender by the sound of it according to his instagram
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Saturday, December 10, 2022, 11:24:52 »

Baudry has done his ACL

career ender by the sound of it according to his instagram
I guess even if it was fixable, at his age it's over

didn't deserve for it to end like that

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 12:26:03 »

Confused.

Lindsey saying in the Barrow presser about present loan players that he’d like to keep Jephcott but it’s out of his hands.

Thought it was a done deal to buy him in January.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 12:30:05 »

Confused.

Lindsey saying in the Barrow presser about present loan players that he’d like to keep Jephcott but it’s out of his hands.

Thought it was a done deal to buy him in January.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=59431.msg1706554#msg1706554

See comment by JAM back in October. There was clarity from the club on the deal but I can't remember what it was. Personally I don't think he suits us at the moment, that's SL's job to change that and try and get the best out of him, and our other forward players for that matter.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 12:32:28 »

That comment seems at odds with Lindsey’s ‘it’s out of our hands’. Presuming the option to buy is also an option not to buy.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 12:43:40 »

Its possibly out of SL's hands as if we (Clem) did go for CA I assume we wouldn't go for LJ so the final decision is out of SL's hands?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Thursday, December 15, 2022, 12:45:11 »

He did say ‘our’ hands as if it’s the club.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: