Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 353790 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 16:17:35 »

Mo Dabre on loan to Worthing in National League South for 6 weeks or so.

Barely got a sniff in at Banbury, only came off the bench a couple of times.

On another note, Banbury played Chester the other night. Loads of trouble during and after the game., was lead story on BBC South last night.

I was more pissed off that they shut the bar before half time!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 17:22:59 »

Adver has confirmed that STFC will get £333,000 compo from FIFA for our 2 WC participants. If either/both countries get out of their respective group stage that amount will increase.

Nice
whos  the second  player to go to the world cup.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 17:24:57 »

Wollacott
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 17:32:20 »

Hows that work out hes not here anymore or was something done before he went to charlton.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 11, 2022, 17:36:26 by newmarket red » Logged
lovestfc

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 17:43:27 »

Compensation is paid to the clubs that a player was registered with up to2 years prior to the World Cup .Therefore  charlton have to share the compensation with swindon.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 17:58:55 »

I think we get 50/50 with Charlton for Wollacott and we get 75/25 with Charlton for Williams.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 18:10:04 »

I thought each club got the £10k

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 18:51:22 »

Seems to be conflicting ideas on how the dosh is distributed.

Wales/Ghana Final would be worth a few quid!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 19:44:34 »

Barely got a sniff in at Banbury, only came off the bench a couple of times.

On another note, Banbury played Chester the other night. Loads of trouble during and after the game., was lead story on BBC South last night.

I was more pissed off that they shut the bar before half time!

Has been plenty of trouble at Banbury games recently.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 19:52:54 »

I thought each club got the £10k

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-distributes-more-than-usd-200m-to-clubs-across-the-world

Unfortunately most journalists can't be bothered to do research anymore and just copy and paste each others work.    It's not a daily payment but a fixed value for each player depending on how far they get.   That then gets pro-rated across the clubs.

It's closer to £180-200k than £333k

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 20:08:18 »

I wonder if lower league clubs would gamble on national call ups when signing players and offering contracts. to get a couple of hundred thousand from williams in the world cup would be a huge incentive for the club to retain him and offer him a good contract to make sure he stays.

chris gunter for wimbledon as an example. as a league 2 team if we came in and bid £50k for him in the summer (not even checked if he was out of contract) knowing that he would earn us double or trebles that from a call up it could make very good business. a transfer fee for a 33 year old would sound crazy but if its getting more and more lucractive it could be worth keeping an eye on it every 2 years.

qualifying for these tournaments is getting easier and easier for smaller nations with them increasing in size. we would need to sign 5 internationals to make sure we can postpone during in season qualifiers though!
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 20:19:48 »

I wonder if lower league clubs would gamble on national call ups when signing players and offering contracts. to get a couple of hundred thousand from williams in the world cup would be a huge incentive for the club to retain him and offer him a good contract to make sure he stays.

chris gunter for wimbledon as an example. as a league 2 team if we came in and bid £50k for him in the summer (not even checked if he was out of contract) knowing that he would earn us double or trebles that from a call up it could make very good business. a transfer fee for a 33 year old would sound crazy but if its getting more and more lucractive it could be worth keeping an eye on it every 2 years.

qualifying for these tournaments is getting easier and easier for smaller nations with them increasing in size. we would need to sign 5 internationals to make sure we can postpone during in season qualifiers though!
I'd be amazed if gunter played another wold cup!  I'd also expect it to be built into any price.
What you could do is offer them a decent percentage of it to top up their earnings so you are getting a good player on a lower wage.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 21:13:47 »

I'd be amazed if gunter played another wold cup!  I'd also expect it to be built into any price.
What you could do is offer them a decent percentage of it to top up their earnings so you are getting a good player on a lower wage.

Sorry I meant in the summer just gone. It was all hyperthetical just interesting to see how much money is available and whether clubs would consider that when signing someone. Most see it as a hindrance but a league 1 and 2 levels the compensation is brilliant
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Friday, November 11, 2022, 21:38:55 »

Sorry I meant in the summer just gone. It was all hyperthetical just interesting to see how much money is available and whether clubs would consider that when signing someone. Most see it as a hindrance but a league 1 and 2 levels the compensation is brilliant
It is but its a punt as may get injured or there's a manager change at country level.   Both clubs would know that there's a chance of compo so you'd have thought a premium would be built in by the selling club.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 00:14:51 by Pookemon » Logged
tans

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Saturday, November 12, 2022, 09:33:18 »

Has been plenty of trouble at Banbury games recently.

Yep, every time i have been this season there has been trouble.

Kidderminster game, ive never seen so many police there!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: