Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346479 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #540 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 16:48:51 »

Probably Idem, Idem.
Heaven forbid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 08:10:29 »

Williams to miss Grimsby game as he has been called up by the Welsh

Funny that what are generally a decent international side these days with quite a bit of young talent still need a league 2 player to fill out the squad
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 08:54:30 »

Brennan, Harries, Devine, Iandolo, Hepburn murphy, Adeloye, Dabre, Cowmeadow all out of the squad yesterday... be interesting to see how we integrate the first 5 of those back into first team contention.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 09:19:03 »

Roughly the same team as last night (if available) with Khan starting and Darcy/Wakeling playing in the Williams role for the Grimsby game i would suspect

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:46:29 »

Cowmeadow to Slough (1 month loan, subject to approval)

cue the office jokes
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 08:39:15 »

So, ten games in. What are people’s thoughts unit wise in comparison to last season?

GK - no doubt Brynn has been excellent. Surely comparable to Wollacott. Behind him though we obviously need cover. Squad wise last seasons Wollacott-Ward is superior to Brynn-Brann.

RB - looked to be in a right state pre window closing. Hutton has found some form over the last few apps, and Lavinier has looked okay with lots of potential. Few weeks back I would have said Hunt walks into this team, not clear now. Think Egbo was probably the most complete RB so I guess last season shades it.

CB - Baudry was a big part of our late season winning run, so glad he stayed on for another one. Very happy with Clayton, MacDonald is good at the defending part, not great in possession, opposite complaints of Conroy. The loans last season were all pretty competent though. Not sure about our depth here this time around, seems there are one or two that won’t cut it. Leaning towards last season again.

LB - Really like FBT, really like Tomlinson last season. Think he would start given the choice. Again not sold on our depth here. Good to have Ellis back but was never my favourite position for him. Pretty even with last year.

Seems like I’m leaning towards last seasons squad having the edge iin the back line, yet wasn’t our strong suit last season. Am I being overly sentimental? Deluded? Miserable cunt? Did we just underachieve last season?  Huh?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 09:01:42 »

So, ten games in. What are people’s thoughts unit wise in comparison to last season?

GK - no doubt Brynn has been excellent. Surely comparable to Wollacott. Behind him though we obviously need cover. Squad wise last seasons Wollacott-Ward is superior to Brynn-Brann.

RB - looked to be in a right state pre window closing. Hutton has found some form over the last few apps, and Lavinier has looked okay with lots of potential. Few weeks back I would have said Hunt walks into this team, not clear now. Think Egbo was probably the most complete RB so I guess last season shades it.

CB - Baudry was a big part of our late season winning run, so glad he stayed on for another one. Very happy with Clayton, MacDonald is good at the defending part, not great in possession, opposite complaints of Conroy. The loans last season were all pretty competent though. Not sure about our depth here this time around, seems there are one or two that won’t cut it. Leaning towards last season again.

LB - Really like FBT, really like Tomlinson last season. Think he would start given the choice. Again not sold on our depth here. Good to have Ellis back but was never my favourite position for him. Pretty even with last year.

Seems like I’m leaning towards last seasons squad having the edge iin the back line, yet wasn’t our strong suit last season. Am I being overly sentimental? Deluded? Miserable cunt? Did we just underachieve last season?  Huh?

Brynn is a better keeper than Wollocott and won’t miss games due to international call ups. I agree the depth isn’t as strong as last season but I guess the flip side is we shouldn’t need the depth as much.

Egbo was good and highly rated but it was an extremely small sample size. If he could consistently play as he did the back end of last season then I’d agree he’s a better player than our current right back…but…would he have lost form as some point? Got injured?

Centre back we are better off. MacDonald is a better defender than Conroy ever was, as is Clayton. Baudry was great the back end of last season but similar to Egbo could he keep those levels up over another full season? Good that he is still here *probably* also good he isn’t first choice.

Left back Tomlinson was class but was clearly only ever going to be here for the short term particularly with his parent club looking likely to drop down a division (and doing so) whilst we are weaker I don’t think Tomlinson was ever more then a short term ‘get football’ loan.

Obviously the main difference in the back line - I’m guessing is the instructions. We are definitely dicking  about less and defending more. I said on the match day thread we have defenders who defend first, play football second. It was the opposite last season and much more emphasis on the footballing part.

I think because he hit a few decent Hollywood passes occasionally people forget just how inept Conroy was as a defender.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 09:05:03 »

…and that doesn’t even touch upon the fact our midfield is different and have different instructions.

Midfield protecting the defence was another one of our downfalls last season.
Reed was always in front of the defence to receive the ball when we had it but he never really protected the defence when we didn’t have the ball.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 09:09:21 »

Is Tomlinson still at Peterborough as he wasn't in their matchday squad yesterday.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #549 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 09:29:16 »

Is Tomlinson still at Peterborough as he wasn't in their matchday squad yesterday.
Yep out of favour this season and asked for a loan move before deadline day but it never happened.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 09:55:31 »

Yep out of favour this season and asked for a loan move before deadline day but it never happened.

Cheers, another strange scenario which isn't good for player or club.

So, give no fucks
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 10:23:06 »

Brynn is a better keeper than Wollocott and won’t miss games due to international call ups. I agree the depth isn’t as strong as last season but I guess the flip side is we shouldn’t need the depth as much.

Egbo was good and highly rated but it was an extremely small sample size. If he could consistently play as he did the back end of last season then I’d agree he’s a better player than our current right back…but…would he have lost form as some point? Got injured?

Centre back we are better off. MacDonald is a better defender than Conroy ever was, as is Clayton. Baudry was great the back end of last season but similar to Egbo could he keep those levels up over another full season? Good that he is still here *probably* also good he isn’t first choice.

Left back Tomlinson was class but was clearly only ever going to be here for the short term particularly with his parent club looking likely to drop down a division (and doing so) whilst we are weaker I don’t think Tomlinson was ever more then a short term ‘get football’ loan.

Obviously the main difference in the back line - I’m guessing is the instructions. We are definitely dicking  about less and defending more. I said on the match day thread we have defenders who defend first, play football second. It was the opposite last season and much more emphasis on the footballing part.

I think because he hit a few decent Hollywood passes occasionally people forget just how inept Conroy was as a defender.

Re GK, I hope so. Looking back Ward had 11 starts last season, I would have guessed more. Suppose barring injury you’d expect most seasons the number 2 to limited to the odd pizza cup appearance. I think I may come to agree with you at Brynn being better than Wollacott. Just seems a bit early to be that confident, but very consistent so far.

Agree on Baudry. Of course we cannot know but I suspect he is a valuable man to have around the squad for people like Clayton. We know he can’t be relied on for 30+ apps, but a good assets to have for situations like last week. I would be nervous at those coming in if Clayton was to be out for a good chunk of the season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 10:45:06 »

You also have to remember that the average age of our team is 23 ish which is ridiculously young really.
DMC

« Reply #553 on: Sunday, September 25, 2022, 11:22:55 »

You also have to remember that the average age of our team is 23 ish which is ridiculously young really.
Same last year i believe
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 09:55:08 »

Anyone else think that Williams may not actually get on the plane to Qatar?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: