Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354376 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 09:55:03 »

Strategy for McKirdy & Reed, albeit to my limited mind, has to be take the risk on promotion this season & then offer much improved terms for L1.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 13:26:22 »

Swindon Town head coach Scott Lindsey confirms Angus MacDonald will be the club's captain in the 2022-23 campaign. Ben Gladwin will be vice-captain. #STFC
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:01:12 »

I would sell Mckirdy tomorrow if a decent enough offer came in, and use the money to go get Simpson.  Reed would be the one that I would go all out to keep, get him on an improved longer contract ASAP.

Many will disagree I know, but we should sell while his stock is hot, it might not be this high again.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:03:36 »

I would sell Mckirdy tomorrow if a decent enough offer came in, and use the money to go get Simpson.  Reed would be the one that I would go all out to keep, get him on an improved longer contract ASAP.

Many will disagree I know, but we should sell while his stock is hot, it might not be this high again.
I've given this some thought and yeah...I make you right....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:05:26 »

McKirdy having another season like last is, imo, unlikely.

But if he can contribute 15 goals that's still a very valuable player.

need to add to him, not replaced him.

but 1 year on his contract - money talks.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:17:38 »

I have no reason to think it but i just have a real bad feeling about McKirdy, i said even last season that i just think it is going to end in tears with him throwing the toys out the pram
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 17:45:56 »

I have no reason to think it but i just have a real bad feeling about McKirdy, i said even last season that i just think it is going to end in tears with him throwing the toys out the pram
If we don’t start well it will get messy with him I reckon, he doesn’t take losing well. He was in a strop at half time against Supermarine as we were so poor.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:18:52 »

I think teams might take a watching brief on McKirdy given his history prior to us to see if he is a one season wonder.

Good start and there could be offers before the end of August. Slow start and they might see what happens by Christmas.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 22:12:35 »

I just think he hates pre-season, as someone else said earlier/somewhere else. Even his IG he said thank fuck pre season is over.

I do worry we're just one week away from it kicking off but I do hope we're making a fuss abkut nothing.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 22:29:44 »

…I mean I’d be trying to get Simpson in anyway regardless of McKirdy.

Whilst I take your point - I don’t think many clubs are lining up to pay good money for a player with one good season under his belt particularly considering his previous season were not only poor from a footballing perspective but his attitude / character was questions a lot.

Like I could see a club coming in with a lower ball offer in January when he’s in his last 6 months and we as a club are possible at the ‘get money now or nothing in 6 months’ point…

…but…right now just don’t think the interest is there
kaufman

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 05:46:44 »

I’m at peace to just try and enjoy Harry while he’s here.

* ECA724C5-19AB-4D5D-88C0-47B9C7B18519.png (328.37 KB, 640x1136 - viewed 304 times.)
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 05:51:07 by kaufman » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 06:09:04 »

Excellent! Championship money more than L1 money.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 06:44:03 »

Same as most of you - I enjoyed watching McKirdy play. He is exciting and something different on the pitch. (I'm an old fuddy-duddy and don't care much for his 'style' and antics off the pitch). As a football fan, I want to see exciting players like him.

However, I think that conditions were right last year, he was playing with his mates, he was given freedom and license to express himself. Will that happen again? Probably not.

So, if a decent offer was on the table, yes, I would take it.

But, if we are going to be 'treated' to the Cardiff first half level of performance every week, we'd better cash in on the likes of McKirdy, Williams and Reed to get some different kinds of player that will keep us in the league, rather than enable us to challenge for promotion!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 07:42:20 »

I'd be gutted if we sold McKirdy. I find it a bit puzzling that there seems to be a consensus that Harry is a "one season wonder" for us while assuming that Simpson isn't. McKirdy is a better footballer in my opinion. Maybe wrong but I'm happy to give McKirdy another shot. I'm not sure why he wouldn't be allowed to play with the same freedom,Lindsey saw the benefits of that.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 07:52:39 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, July 24, 2022, 07:47:47 »

I'd be gutted if we sold McKirdy. I find it a bit puzzling that there seems to be a consensus that Harry is a "one season wonder" while assuming that Simpson isn't. McKirdy is a better footballer in my opinion. Maybe wrong but I'm happy to give McKirdy another shot. I'm not sure why he wouldn't be allowed to play with the same freedom,Lindsey saw the benefits of that.

Mostly agree,

I think the ‘one season wonder’ comes from the fact last season was his only good season.
His previous indicates that last season was an exception.

We’ll see - this season will be telling whether he’s just clicked or had a good season

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: