Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 345685 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 18:50:45 »

It worked fine in an attacking sense under Cooper/Williams in the playoff season. Just depends how you play it.

less worried in league 1. we arent the big fish so to speak. league 2 the vast majority would be happy to come and target a point. if our attacking options do indeed improve this season- especially from the bench then it may well be different. we shall see!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 19:02:49 »

incoming

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1548024011451289606?t=FFj42jGzGvjYKO3xHLVi0Q&s=19
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 19:06:26 »

That’s Adeloye I reckon
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 19:10:37 »

The 3 today. Hutton is Hunt’s replacement. Khan is Payne’s replacement and Adeloye is taking up the vacant striker slot.

Sound about right?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 19:12:35 »

confirmed Adeloye
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #125 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 07:33:10 »

The 3 today. Hutton is Hunt’s replacement. Khan is Payne’s replacement and Adeloye is taking up the vacant striker slot.

Sound about right?
I think that sounds a fair assumtion.

Experienced right back....check.
(sort of) Experienced attacking midfielder...check.
(sort of) Experienced striker.....check.

Now another striker needed, maybe a young loan to challenge Adeloye, similar style big, strong and quick to change it about when its not working and I think the squad will be pretty much there.

Plus any other additional loan slots for players.

No idea how we will line up as first choice at the moment though but Lindsey seems to prefer 3 CB's 2 wing backs and it appears to be a 3511 style formation. But, that could be due to that being the formation that the current players felt comfortable playing and with the new additions we may change that around when/if it doesnt work.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 07:49:15 »

Squad shaping up nicely now. Maybe one more defender, anything else is a bit of a bonus from here.

Suspect we'll be looking to loan out two of Parsons/Cowmeadow/Massey/Dabre

* STFC 15 Jul.png (152.37 KB, 702x886 - viewed 138 times.)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 07:56:09 »

Squad shaping up nicely now. Maybe one more defender, anything else is a bit of a bonus from here.

Suspect we'll be looking to loan out two of Parsons/Cowmeadow/Massey/Dabre

Looks alright but I’m guessing Iandolo might be seen more as CM than a LWB

Whilst I’ve never seen him play I was under the impression Dabre was a winger. So not sure where he fits in with a 352 unless he could do a job at LWB

Also intrigued as to whether we get some loans in so we can loan some of the youngsters out…or…whether the likes of Massey, Wakeling, Darcy, Clayton have been bought here to be involved from the off.
I guess being able to make five subs makes blooding youngsters easier
Peter Venkman

« Reply #128 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 08:13:39 »

Looks alright but I’m guessing Iandolo might be seen more as CM than a LWB

Whilst I’ve never seen him play I was under the impression Dabre was a winger. So not sure where he fits in with a 352 unless he could do a job at LWB
I agree, Dolo is a much better midfielder than LB/LWB and should be utilised as such.

As for Dabre he has played LB/LWB/LW and has also played a couple of games on the right side too, flexible and is like a wasp, constantly running around irritating opposition, good close control and quite quick but will play anywhere he can even though hes just about 5 foot 6.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 08:23:32 »

I agree, Dolo is a much better midfielder than LB/LWB and should be utilised as such.

As for Dabre he has played LB/LWB/LW and has also played a couple of games on the right side too, flexible and is like a wasp, constantly running around irritating opposition, good close control and quite quick but will play anywhere he can even though hes just about 5 foot 6.

I think most would agree about Ian Dolo but whether Lindsey does, who knows. He might see him as a LWB or even a left sided CB?

Although from my own personal perceptive I’d swap Ian Dolo and Dabre on Nemos depth chart thingy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 08:31:25 »

I think most would agree about Ian Dolo but whether Lindsey does, who knows. He might see him as a LWB or even a left sided CB?

Although from my own personal perceptive I’d swap Ian Dolo and Dabre on Nemos depth chart thingy
It was Lindsey that originally spotted Dolo and brought him to the club but yes it is where SL decides he is best.

But yes I would agree Swap Dabre and Dolo 100%.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 08:38:20 »

Dabre and Cowmeadow are both proper wingers really right? Probably means they don't quite fit, I think they've both played wing back a bit but hard to know where they'd fit into a 3 5 2. Probably increases the chance of them going out on loan.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 08:44:09 »

I get the feeling that our wing backs are going to be more wing than back.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 08:45:07 »

I'd loan Massey, Parsons, Cowmeadow, Dabre and Minturn out. But only after the Paint Pot Trophy games are completed or whatever it's called now.

Parsons' next step needs to be National League. Dabre too if anybody would take him. May have to settle for upper end of NLS.

Massey and Cowmeadow to Chippenham would be a good first loan. Send them for a month, see how they get on.

Minturn I really like and may need to stay for cover unless we bring in another center back. Again a national league loan could do him wonders.

MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 09:27:48 »

I'd loan Massey, Parsons, Cowmeadow, Dabre and Minturn out. But only after the Paint Pot Trophy games are completed or whatever it's called now.

Parsons' next step needs to be National League. Dabre too if anybody would take him. May have to settle for upper end of NLS.

Massey and Cowmeadow to Chippenham would be a good first loan. Send them for a month, see how they get on.

Minturn I really like and may need to stay for cover unless we bring in another center back. Again a national league loan could do him wonders.

I also like look of Minturn, thought he was solid vs supermarine and didn’t look out of place in mens football, all accounts did really well in short stint at Chippenham last season. I’d keep him also and actually in an ideal world have 1 more centre half so we’ve got a back up for the 3 starters.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: