Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354254 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 13:47:54 »

From a Bolton fan "His most natural position is CAM, he is too lightweight to be playing as more of a conventional Central Midfielder and hasn't really got the engine to be box-to-box based on what I have seen of him. On the ball he can really make things happen with brilliant close control and good weight of pass, it's the off the ball stuff he needs to work on."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 13:51:10 »

Sorry, being thick now...CAM is (presumably) Central A.... Midfield....what's the missing word?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 13:52:16 »

Attacking
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 13:52:29 »

Sorry, being thick now...CAM is (presumably) Central A.... Midfield....what's the missing word?

Attacking!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 13:56:06 »

Is that known as a number 10 in modern parlance?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 13:57:59 »

No. It’s known as Payne’s position!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:02:40 »

When was the last time we made two signings two days in a row costing money.....anyone? Two decades plus I'm guessing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:05:18 »

Attacking!
Doh Had to be something obvious  Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:08:59 »

No. It’s known as Payne’s position!

You know that the world doesn't end if Payne doesn't sign right Aud?  Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:11:42 »

I reckon Payne is as good as gone now with that signing. Disappointing as he is my favourite Town player of the last 10 years, possibly since Matt Ritchie. To counter balance that though, very encouraged that we are making permanent signings. Last season's so called 'season long loans' screwed us up big time....
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:18:07 »

I'd have rather kept Reed personally if it was a choice of picking one midfield player to keep. If we manage to keep Payne it would be fantastic but I'm 99% consigned to him leaving.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:19:43 »

You know that the world doesn't end if Payne doesn't sign right Aud?  Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but..
Oh, I agree. If he goes, he goes. Not holding my breath. Needs sorting now - either way.

I’d imagine the last 2 signings equate to Payne’s salary. Good business, I reckon.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:41:21 »

I'd have rather kept Reed personally if it was a choice of picking one midfield player to keep. If we manage to keep Payne it would be fantastic but I'm 99% consigned to him leaving.

Agree 100%

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:50:06 »

I'm kind of torn between the importance of both players and I'm probably just on the side of Louis Reed, I reckon he makes the team tick and never really seems to have a terrible game. Don't get me wrong, Payne is class but if Darcy can step up and be 3/4 of the player Payne is, we have a more than adequate replacement I reckon at a much lower price point and a higher potential ceiling I guess?

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 14:54:20 »

When was the last time we made two signings two days in a row costing money.....anyone? Two decades plus I'm guessing.

Closest I can find so far is six days in January 2019

18 JAN 2019    Tom BROADBENT    Bristol Rovers Undisclosed fee ()
24 JAN 2019    Taylor CURRAN    Southend United Undisclosed fee ()
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: