Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 201   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 354561 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:17:41 »

Do you know who else will be playing?

Team sheet is in the pre season friendlies thread
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:21:08 »

To be honest I think it’s a bit of a speculative team sheet - it’s basically just anyone who is contracted and then has “trialists” at the bottom. Probably not much research or ITK informing it.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 2, 2022, 10:58:14 »

Cheers
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 08:47:42 »

Parsons and Dabre sign 1 year extensions
Was Dabre out of contract or offered new and improved terms? I don’t remember him being listed on the initial reports of OOC players.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 08:58:47 »

Think Dabre was 1 year with option for another year.
Also don't forget when talking about new contracts McKirdy, Iandolo and Gladwin signed theirs before the season ended.
So in total new contracts have been offered and accepted by McKirdy, Iandolo, Gladwin, Baudry, Parsons.
We've only missed out on Egbo and Wollacott so far - who knows if Egbo can put together a full season in the EFL and Wollacott will be distracted by internations.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 09:05:22 »

So in total new contracts have been offered and accepted by McKirdy, Iandolo, Gladwin, Baudry, Parsons.

+ William + Reed.

Its not clear which were offers and which were "automatic" but its a financial commitment.

We also lost AK too, we did offer.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 09:22:24 »

Was Dabre out of contract or offered new and improved terms? I don’t remember him being listed on the initial reports of OOC players.

Dabre was offered a new contract - he was out of contract, he was part of the list of "offered new contracts" with Parsons

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 12:22:52 »

+ William + Reed.

Its not clear which were offers and which were "automatic" but its a financial commitment.

We also lost AK too, we did offer.

Williams Reed- automatic year options triggered - on basis we didn’t make a song and dance about announcing them.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 5, 2022, 12:31:43 by MangoRed » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 10:44:13 »

First post update, I dropped the youth team section altogether as the club seem to have not updated anything.

Clear gaps are mostly in wide positions now. Attached a depth chart thing, which is all the rage these days.

* lineup.png (132.27 KB, 480x600 - viewed 374 times.)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 10:50:06 »

My Plymouth supporting cousin says Massey is a wide attacker in the McKirdy mode not so much used as a striker at Plymouth youths.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 10:52:38 »

Clear gaps are mostly in wide positions now.

Definitely need 2 x Strikers in my book. Wakeling/Massey surely not set for the lead role.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 11:09:37 »

Definitely need 2 x Strikers in my book. Wakeling/Massey surely not set for the lead role.
Agreed, 2 proper strikers with strength, pace, who can sometimes head a ball, have at least 2 season loan experience in first teams  in L2 or conference minimum and who know where the net is.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 11:31:26 »

Agreed, 2 proper strikers with strength, pace, who can sometimes head a ball, have at least 2 season loan experience in first teams  in L2 or conference minimum and who know where the net is.

The problem is why would a team loan a player to a league 2 team again.
They would presumably look to loan them to someone at a higher level, unless they didn’t do particularly well.

Based on that I think we are either getting someone who is getting their first go at first team football, or who played in the National league last  season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 12:04:29 »

The problem is why would a team loan a player to a league 2 team again.
They would presumably look to loan them to someone at a higher level, unless they didn’t do particularly well.

Based on that I think we are either getting someone who is getting their first go at first team football, or who played in the National league last  season.
Absolutely hence my stating L2 OR Conference, which appears to be far more likely, like Josh Neufville from Luton or similar ex Conference loanee from last season.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 12:05:03 »

we could buy one if we can find a released one, loan the other.

I take your point on it being 'first go at league football'.

we will have to get lucky to done extent. I think most of us are that a "proven ' striker is out of budget
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 201   Go Up
Print
Jump to: