Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 67916 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:06:43 »

Well I hope its just that no one has heard of him from that rather than someone known for being spectacularly awful.
Interesting if that means Marshall has gone then
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:07:17 »

My thought is that of recent managerial appointments, many of us (if I recall the TEF threads at the time) were more positive about Brown, Flitcroft or McGreal than we were about Wellens and Garner - but we all know which two of those five turned out to be the better appointments.

Is the answer McGreal as he was unbeaten in his spell?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:07:44 »

Some people have posted that “promoting assistants never works” - more accurate to say that it can work and has on occasions. Some have cited examples of it not working already, equally there are some which worked rather well - Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan being the best examples of that.

I did think of Paisley, but assumed an example from the last 50 years might be more relevant...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:08:25 »

Not buying Sandro saying he doesn't know how close Lindsey came to joining Charlton.

He comes across as a bit of a bullshitter, to be honest.

He did work at SkyBet so probably picked up a lot of bad habits working in that industry.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #49 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:09:13 »

Is there a recent interview with Sandro
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:10:20 »

This is the kind of posts i am refering to when i say constantly negative on here. How has his tattoo got any relevance to anything ffs. There are plenty of other reasons to doubt this appointment but bloody hell.. It's a tattoo

To put your mind at ease, it was tongue in cheek. I agree, there are many a question raised by the appointment, and this isn’t one (!) and we have a history of managers with questionable tats (PDC) performing well, so you never know… it could be a good omen!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:11:10 »

Well at least that puts the 40% extra on the playing budget.
Not sure though if that “leaves no stone unturned” whilst finding a Manager.

Positives - The players appear to like him and know him and no matter what I will still support the Club.

Underwhelmed? yes, Suicidal? No Surprised? No.
Let’s get some positivity now with some decent signings.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:14:52 »

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:15:49 »

This is the kind of posts i am refering to when i say constantly negative on here. How has his tattoo got any relevance to anything ffs. There are plenty of other reasons to doubt this appointment but bloody hell.. It's a tattoo

My wife's great uncle used *fucking hate* tattoos - would never miss an opportunity to whinge about them and deride anyone who had one ("One of life's losers").

One day my wife brought up the fact that Churchill had one and you have never seen someone swivel on a dime so fast... apparently it was different if you were in the armed forces!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:18:14 »

Is there a recent interview with Sandro

On the end of the Lindsey one posted.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #55 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:20:50 »

On the end of the Lindsey one posted.
Thanks mate
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #56 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:21:31 »

To put your mind at ease, it was tongue in cheek. I agree, there are many a question raised by the appointment, and this isn’t one (!) and we have a history of managers with questionable tats (PDC) performing well, so you never know… it could be a good omen!
Sorry Fraser... Had seen it a bit on FB as well and dreaded the thought some had sneaked in
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:21:50 »

…or Wellens who we came up against as a Player?
…or John Sheridan who played at the top level?

I mean it checks out if he’s about 8 years old

Well apart from Phil Brown and Sheridan as a player - but most of our managers since the glory days I've had no clue who they were when appointed. He knows the players, was around for a successful season so let's hope he hits the ground running.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:21:57 »

My wife's great uncle used *fucking hate* tattoos - would never miss an opportunity to whinge about them and deride anyone who had one ("One of life's losers").

One day my wife brought up the fact that Churchill had one and you have never seen someone swivel on a dime so fast... apparently it was different if you were in the armed forces!

Fantastic haha. Older generations really fucking hated people with tattoos, didn't they? People being judged like that seems to be going by the wayside though. Although I think in Japan until quite recently you were basically considered Yakuza if you had one.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 17:23:08 »

Sorry just doesn’t stack up for me, his CV has nothing in it that says 1st team coach and a 3 year deal is just a nonsense. Rightly or wrongly it feels like we were have either got desperate, ended up with staff we had nothing else we could do anything with after they didn’t go to Charlton or a combination of both. It seems his main credentials that are emphasised is people like him and he’s local, other than that on paper he seems to tick no boxes. The fact it has taken 4 weeks to end up he raised alarm bells for me.

I’m going to be controversial here and say do Angus and Clem have any better idea then most people on here when it comes to managers as Garner was Chorley’s choice previously.

Going to need some massive signings to get any positivity out of this, if this was under Power people would be losing their shit and when it comes to on the pitch stuff the same standards apply!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: