Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Lindsey- New Manager thread  (Read 66830 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:20:19 »

The way this has been done is appalling. If you're reasonably quick, you can dress it up and we all move on. Weeks this has dragged on. Why?

Was Lindsey the only one who would play who he is told to?
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:21:53 »

Finally... can we announce some players now?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:23:10 »

My expectations are unchanged. We must be pushing for autos. We'll see what December brings.

Pretty much this. With the fanbase we have challenging for automatic promotion is a must, especially now alot of the debt has been paid.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:23:30 »

I can't help but have a nagging feeling that the last part of Sandro's comment here has a lot of meaning. 'Scott clearly believes in a possession based, attacking brand of football and he fully supports our data lead recruitment strategy.' The first two almost all coaches would support, get the feeling not many candidates fully supported the 'data led' element. Just a hunch.

That is a massive red flag to me.

"Do as your told."

Clem, Sandro. If you want to be the manager so much, why not fucking take on the job and stop appointing coaches to be the fall guy in case it goes wrong.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:26:10 by ChalkyWhiteIsGod » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:24:38 »

Be interesting to see who gets his old job as assistant. To save Clem time, I’ll do it if he can match my Royal Mail wage…

Could have got many of us on here if he just wants someone to play the football he's told to and put the cones out during the week.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:25:25 »

Lindsey speaks……

https://t.co/evfVkXDkFL
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:27:35 »

If we had appointed the assistant manager of a team that made the playoffs last season would we have gone all “doom & gloom”?   Probably not.

Had we have appointed him straight away, that would have been worse to me, surely they needed to interview several other candidates first.

I, like most, will assume that our top candidate (if not more) didn’t accept the job, so if Scott was the next best option then fair enough.

Like any other manager (bar Steve Evans), I will back him but it does feel like a “best of the rest” appointment
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:29:02 »

Judging by Sandro’s words in the link I posted above, it sounds like a few didn’t like, or didn’t understand, the data approach.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:34:41 »

It's a proper Hoddle/Gorman type situation by all accounts

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:38:12 »

The way this has been done is appalling. If you're reasonably quick, you can dress it up and we all move on. Weeks this has dragged on. Why?

Was Lindsey the only one who would play who he is told to?

If you follow a process of interviewing candidates, there was some feed dragging over Charlton, could be some legit reasons for the delay. He is in post now, and to be honest I hadn't heard of any other managers we had since Di Canio (bar lingy).

Let's see who he can bring in and let's hope for a good start.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:43:04 »

It is not just that it’s uninspiring. It’s that it does not make sense. It’s anti-Moneyball isn’t it? Assistants typically do not succeed when they take over at the same club. They may of course go on elsewhere and do well, but not going from no 2 to no 1 at the same club. I’m sure there’s data on it….(anyone?).

When you appoint an assistant there is an overwhelming sense that he has been appointed (I) not because he was the best candidate, but because he was simply here anyway and (II) that we are getting a diluted version of what we had last year. Everything we had then, minus Garner. After a month of being in limbo, and not moving forwards, you need a statement of intent, to show ambition. We’ve got Diet 2021/2. And not Dennis Wise moving aside for Gus Poyet (yes, I know he didn’t) or Gorman replacing Hoddle. We’ve got the former manager of Chatham Town, whose CV would not have made anybody take notice if he was not already employed by the club.

Then there are the lingering doubts that it is indicative of deeper problems and money is guiding everything, and there’s none of it. Add that to Zavier Austin, convicted money launderer, posing in photos now (and his ever-escalating presence) and this is suddenly not quite what we were sold by the new regime when they took over.

What can resolve doubts? Remove Austin from any involvement in the club (won’t happen) and sign some players, ideally not from Chatham Town, but of the Reed and Williams calibre.

Worried and in need of a lift. And hoping this ages terribly.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:50:14 by Frigby Daser » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:44:09 »

If you follow a process of interviewing candidates, there was some feed dragging over Charlton, could be some legit reasons for the delay. He is in post now, and to be honest I hadn't heard of any other managers we had since Di Canio (bar lingy).

Let's see who he can bring in and let's hope for a good start.

You'd never heard of Phil Brown?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:47:24 »

Worrying thing for me was that he sounded less than positive about the OOC players signing back on.

That’s the litmus test, for me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:47:36 »

You'd never heard of Phil Brown?

…or Wellens who we came up against as a Player?
…or John Sheridan who played at the top level?

I mean it checks out if he’s about 8 years old
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 16:50:03 »

Worrying thing for me was that he sounded less than positive about the OOC players signing back on.

That’s the litmus test, for me.

Some of them already have. Just not announced. I assume they will be ahead of players return.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: