Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 141280 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:49:31 »

New minutes are out
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:51:53 »

When the Trust / OSC saw these prices, who did they discuss it with, and who decided that a 5% / 10% increase would be acceptable to the fan base ? they clearly could not ask everyone but surely maybe could have done better.

I am shocked though that Clem thought fans would accept around a 20% price increase  - or was that said with the intention of knowing they would have to knock prices down from there so it looks like they are listening ?

I see someone said about the next increase for the following season may hit the £400 mark, the club needs to remember that fans will only pay so much for lower football and when they suddenly cant afford it and stop going they end of doing something else and do not always return, that's another fan lost.

This season so far would not have encouraged those fair weather fans to invest in a ST, so keep prices lower try and build the fan base.

They need to deal with increasing the fan base, the family option does help that, if little Jimmy comes with mum & dad now he has got the football feel and tells his mates who like the ideas of going so they end up going to games and over time little Jimmy grows up and get s an adult ST, then bring his kids or his partner along, it all snowballs into more fans.

Kids are the fan's of the future, it is not all about the here and now.

I wonder if Clem will do his aussie tickets if we sell 6k ST's - I think he maybe safe on that one though
DMC

« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:54:10 »

I don't think they said go up 20% but advised what the increase to them was.

Thought the Zav Austin question was more important
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:56:31 »

Could they not poll/engage with the season ticket holders going forward, their actual customers, rather than the self appointed chumocracy at the Trust? Just a thought.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:58:10 »

I don't think they said go up 20% but advised what the increase to them was.

Thought the Zav Austin question was more important

If the legal team is ‘reviewing position’ then he obviously didnt pass it imo

Rightly so if the offence was money laundering
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 14:59:18 »

Drugs money laundering.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 15:09:52 »

Could they not poll/engage with the season ticket holders going forward, their actual customers, rather than the self appointed chumocracy at the Trust? Just a thought.

No no, not for me. Its the right method/audience just badly executed.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 15:19:40 »

Starting to become ridiculous that they won’t give a proper answer about his status, they constantly just hide behind a couple of words.
DMC

« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 15:59:35 »

Starting to become ridiculous that they won’t give a proper answer about his status, they constantly just hide behind a couple of words.
Genuinely don't think they can at the moment.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 16:03:01 »

I have no idea what the position is, but if he doesn't have any money in the club, is not appointed as a director of any of the companies which own the club and is not the person holding 'significant control' as per Companies House does he even need to apply for or pass it. Be interesting to know if he draws a salary from this

Setting aside my intrigue into how the 'chumocracy at the Trust' is self appointed when there are shit loads of opportunities for fans to get involved if they chose to (but fuck it throwing accusations about anonymously on the internet is so much easier and less time consuming), reading things like this more and more the whole ground purchase thing is going to go tits up isn't it considering a lot of the fan base have turned vociferously against the ownership AND the Trust and in many cases the OSC. Its going to be an anti-climatic shit show.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 16:05:25 by horlock07 » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 16:15:29 »

I have no idea what the position is, but if he doesn't have any money in the club, is not appointed as a director of any of the companies which own the club and is not the person holding 'significant control' as per Companies House does he even need to apply for or pass it. Be interesting to know if he draws a salary from this

Setting aside my intrigue into how the 'chumocracy at the Trust' is self appointed when there are shit loads of opportunities for fans to get involved if they chose to (but fuck it throwing accusations about anonymously on the internet is so much easier and less time consuming), reading things like this more and more the whole ground purchase thing is going to go tits up isn't it considering a lot of the fan base have turned vociferously against the ownership AND the Trust and in many cases the OSC. Its going to be an anti-climatic shit show.

Fair enough. That was lazy. Apologies.

I think the Trust have a massive credibility issue since the takeover. Promises have not been delivered on (5 year plan anyone?), shady characters still stalk the corridors, and some of them come across as insufferably pompous. I get that they probably all began with and have good intentions but they just add to the overall sense of amateur hour that surrounds most things STFC related. I personally cancelled my direct debit to the Trust when they agreed to buy the ground with Lee Power, as I felt that frankly anyone, even SBC, was a better custodian than him.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 16:21:35 »

(5 year plan anyone?)

Funnily enough that's mentioned in the minutes as "in progress" and more a 1-3 year plan (which is fine).

Get the impression we are in firefighting mode tbh.
DMC

« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 16:40:57 »

See i think they know what they are doing and our happy to do it with skeleton staff and make mistakes along the way. You don't pay off or transfer some of those debts and enter a ground purchase if you are in firefighting mode in my opinion. It might not be how we like it but i think they have a plan
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 16:52:25 »

The Trust AGM is a week tomorrow by the way, for those who are concerned about its direction - they're absolutely not a closed shop. Unfortunately at the recent election, only existing board members stood for election, meaning they have at least one board vacancy and non-competitive elections.

I don't neccessarily disagree that some of the current leadership "feel" a bit too close to the club - but that's something that any of us as fans could try to do something about and don't. As Horlock said, easy to throw stones without putting yourself above the parapet - and we absolutely all do it - but fundamentally it's a fairly thankless task I'm sure!
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 17:09:14 »

Fair enough. That was lazy. Apologies.

I think the Trust have a massive credibility issue since the takeover. Promises have not been delivered on (5 year plan anyone?), shady characters still stalk the corridors, and some of them come across as insufferably pompous. I get that they probably all began with and have good intentions but they just add to the overall sense of amateur hour that surrounds most things STFC related. I personally cancelled my direct debit to the Trust when they agreed to buy the ground with Lee Power, as I felt that frankly anyone, even SBC, was a better custodian than him.

So apart from write the 5 year plan, what else can anyone do other than keep asking for it?   It's just bizarre that people think the Trust have any power over the club. 
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: