Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 143567 times)
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 14:41:58 »

Think pillars would be the only option for putting a roof on it and new facilities, like Portsmouth.
Am I right in thinking that money was spent several years ago on some sort of feasibility study regarding putting a roof on the Bank and some sort of explority work was undertaken to see if the supporting pillars could be set in what is basically a mound of earth with very old concrete steps on top ?

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 21:47:19 »

Q: Is there any possibility of relieving SdM of his duties (in regards to shortlisting potential managers/head coaches/club mouthpieces/cone carriers) seeing as he doesn't appear to have a clue when it comes to managerial recruitment?

A: We'll be having a separate advisory meeting to advise upon the advice we will take on the steps forward to determine whether the advisory meeting will go ahead in order to decide if we take advice on the next steps to take at the annual general meeting. In the interim, nothing will change and everything will be the same. All clear?! Thanks; next question...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 06:38:59 »

So any money raised by the Trust from members doesn't actually buy the ground (which is already bought by the Eady Trust and effectively donated to the Trust/Club through the medium of the CGJV), it essentially becomes a "CG Improvements and Maintenance War-Chest", right?

(Which is fine by the way)

Wait Wait. Going back a few pages. IF The Eady Trust is paying for the CG In Full, isn't Clem as full owner getting half a ground for free?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 06:53:07 »

Got to admit I thought the Eady money was just paying the Trust’s share of the JV.

Are there any restrictions on what any owner of the club can do with the club’s 50% share?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:03:46 »

Got to admit I thought the Eady money was just paying the Trust’s share of the JV.

Are there any restrictions on what any owner of the club can do with the club’s 50% share?

Listen to the various pods, OSC, lspod, stbl last week all of these questions were discussed in depth.  Also articles in adver and total sport.
Trust website also has a good explanation of it.

In short there are loads of restrictions built into the JV agreement.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:13:52 by Pookemon » Logged
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:20:29 »

Listen to the various pods, OSC, lspod, stbl last week all of these questions were discussed in depth.  Also articles in adver and total sport.
Trust website also has a good explanation of it.

In short there are loads of restrictions built into the JV agreement.

So I guess you know the anwer then? Is it trust 50% eady. club 50% clem money. Or is Eady covering all of it?

Cos I'd ask the question Why doesn't the trust just own 100%
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:41:09 »

So I guess you know the anwer then? Is it trust 50% eady. club 50% clem money. Or is Eady covering all of it?

Cos I'd ask the question Why doesn't the trust just own 100%
Given the hours of content out there on this with questions being asked directly to those involved in the deal, it would be unfair for me to paraphrase in a sentence  or 2 on here, which is mostly full of bullshit anyway.  Why trust my word when it's on the actual Trusts website ffs.

The County Ground has had no investment in it for decades because no-one will invest in someone else's asset.   Would you put an extension on next doors house?  That situation wouldn't change if the Trust owned it all.

And yes 100% from eady, with club and supporters trust owning 50% each in a joint venture.   

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:45:20 by Pookemon » Logged
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 07:56:42 »

Given the hours of content out there on this with questions being asked directly to those involved in the deal, it would be unfair for me to paraphrase in a sentence  or 2 on here, which is mostly full of bullshit anyway.  Why trust my word when it's on the actual Trusts website ffs.

The County Ground has had no investment in it for decades because no-one will invest in someone else's asset.   Would you put an extension on next doors house?  That situation wouldn't change if the Trust owned it all.

And yes 100% from eady, with club and supporters trust owning 50% each in a joint venture.   

Didn't mean to come across as someone who is deliberately being misinformed to create some sort of internet drama.

I honestly thought that clem and his lot were funding their side of the ground purchase. I don't keep up with stuff as much as I used to, and maybe it was knowledge to everyone else and I've just missed some bits. But was suprised by that. I'm not saying it's a problem or anything - although not gonna deny my years of distrust of club owners is hard to get over.

Just a suprise in that I thought I'd kept up on stuff enough to know details like that. Suprised and disappointed in my own ignorance.
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 08:13:06 »

.... no-one will invest in someone else's asset.  

I understood that the club has a long lease of the ground. I understand that this is different to your example of building on your neighbour's house.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:04:57 »

I understood that the club has a long lease of the ground. I understand that this is different to your example of building on your neighbour's house.
I was trying to keep it simple.

There is a big difference between a resi lease and a lease of a run down football club as the former can be traded on the open market the latter cannot.

Most investors would prefer to buy a big bit of land and stick a new ground and loads of resi on it rather than spend millions modernising an old in use asset as its easy, cheaper and a far bigger, quicker return to do so.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:13:15 »

From the Trust FAQs:

What stops the Club from selling its share of the County Ground?

For the Club to sell, assign, move or change it’s shareholding in the County Ground, the JV (joint venture) would have to unanimously agree.

Basically, the Trust can stop the club selling their share to unscrupulous parties.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:32:14 »

The County Ground has had no investment in it for decades because no-one will invest in someone else's asset.   Would you put an extension on next doors house?  That situation wouldn't change if the Trust owned it all.

Doesn't remove the fact that the ground was/is leased to the club on a full repairing basis so whilst you wouldn't invest in improvements the club should have at least kept up with basic maintenance which they obviously haven't done with the suggestion that it needs millions spending on repairs now.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:41:43 »

Didn't mean to come across as someone who is deliberately being misinformed to create some sort of internet drama.

I honestly thought that clem and his lot were funding their side of the ground purchase. I don't keep up with stuff as much as I used to, and maybe it was knowledge to everyone else and I've just missed some bits. But was suprised by that. I'm not saying it's a problem or anything - although not gonna deny my years of distrust of club owners is hard to get over.

Just a suprise in that I thought I'd kept up on stuff enough to know details like that. Suprised and disappointed in my own ignorance.
I wouldn’t feel too disappointed Ben as you were not alone in your thinking, I also thought Clem was throwing 50% in the pot !
I have now educated myself via the very informative Trust website.  Embarrassed

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:46:21 »

Doesn't remove the fact that the ground was/is leased to the club on a full repairing basis so whilst you wouldn't invest in improvements the club should have at least kept up with basic maintenance which they obviously haven't done with the suggestion that it needs millions spending on repairs now.
Agreed but it's not as if you can evict them and replace with another tennant.  The council had little power (no pun) to force the issue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 10:19:34 »

How much does the club pay in rent currently to the council? I assume the money saved going forward will be going directly in to the improvements?

I also haven't looked in to this as much as I probably should have, to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: