Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 143631 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 21:22:59 »

Youth team use it. It’s also used for steward briefings.

Fuck all away support mean it's not worth opening?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 00:27:24 »

How about building some atmosphere ?
I'll bring the nitrogen, why don't you bring some argon (bugger to get that much though)?
Penmans Penalties

now I believe scarf above the head

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 07:50:12 »

All the best chemistry jokes argon
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 08:58:03 »

All the best chemistry jokes argon

Fabulous!  Clap

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:00:53 »

Its a really big list
Some things will be addressed as part of the redevelopment
but some urgent things need to be addressed asap like roof issues on stands, urgent leaks, floodlight repairs, repairs all across the stadium and surrounding areas etc etc.. Like i said its a huge list, but the key thing is ensuring we only spend what we have to and ideally look for most items to be addressed as part of the development, but some things cant wait.

On the floodlights, I think I remember seeing something about this before but i've noticed (and it might just be from the Ifollow feed rather than at the ground) during night games and later on in second halves how dim the light appears to be. Are there any plans to do anything with the floodlights in order to either replace the bulbs, or change them to bright energy efficient ones?

Appreciate they are ancient and these things cost and arm and a leg but I was curious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:13:32 »

On the floodlights, I think I remember seeing something about this before but i've noticed (and it might just be from the Ifollow feed rather than at the ground) during night games and later on in second halves how dim the light appears to be. Are there any plans to do anything with the floodlights in order to either replace the bulbs, or change them to bright energy efficient ones?

Appreciate they are ancient and these things cost and arm and a leg but I was curious.

I suspect a lot will depend on the schedule for redevelopment as the norm seems now for them to be incorporated onto stand roofs, which would in turn allow an up to date and no doubt brighter and more efficient system to be used?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:19:58 »

I suspect a lot will depend on the schedule for redevelopment as the norm seems now for them to be incorporated onto stand roofs, which would in turn allow an up to date and no doubt brighter and more efficient system to be used?

I'd like to think that certain things that make the CG unique (the floodlights, the clock, the scoreboard, the lack of any atmosphere - arf) will be retained in some shape or form. There is something special about the walk to the ground when the lights are on, the structure of them looming over the area gives them a kind of majesty and I hope they are retained and given a pedestal.

Unfortunately it may well be that we have to go along the incorporation into rooves territory but I hope that isn't going to be the case.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:26:19 »

I'd like to think that certain things that make the CG unique (the floodlights, the clock, the scoreboard, the lack of any atmosphere - arf) will be retained in some shape or form. There is something special about the walk to the ground when the lights are on, the structure of them looming over the area gives them a kind of majesty and I hope they are retained and given a pedestal.

Unfortunately it may well be that we have to go along the incorporation into rooves territory but I hope that isn't going to be the case.

I don't know how the floodlights would work with the light shows they have nowadays. A choreographer may need to check
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:54:28 »

Keeping the clock is imperative. Keeping the flood lights as they are would be nice, but might not be practical with the new Town End stand with the hotel and offices and everything in.

Would be a bit odd, but would keeping two up the other end and then having lights on the top of the new stand even work or would that make for uneven lighting?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 09:57:48 »

Keeping the clock is imperative. Keeping the flood lights as they are would be nice, but might not be practical with the new Town End stand with the hotel and offices and everything in.

Would be a bit odd, but would keeping two up the other end and then having lights on the top of the new stand even work or would that make for uneven lighting?

Good question re the lighting. It will be interesting to see/hear from the club about the visual plans for the ground development that I presume will follow after the purchase has actually happened.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:15:16 »

Keeping the clock is imperative.

This, everything else (including the legendarily bad Stratton bank bogs) is replaceable
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:17:47 »

Just seeing Arsenal kept the Highbury clock, although you never see if because the stadium is so huge. Looks shite anyway compared to ours.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:31:40 »

I imagine that all this money and effort will be spent on redeveloping the ground..............and us nostalgic oldies are gonna hate it!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:34:31 »

A shame we couldn't have bought the cricket ground and done it properly!

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 10:43:13 »

The side of the car park, the cricket pitch shouldn't really be needed.

After a new roofed Stratton Bank and boxes in the DRS, we should really be able to get everything we need in a new Town End and have an overall increased capacity.

Its much more appealing on the eye than a whole new stadium in my opinion, which however you might try always ends up to seem a bit soulless.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: