Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All things STFC  (Read 56347 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 08:18:40 »

My Facebook memories have just come up with 10 years ago we were playing at Griffin park in the playoffs.

Forget the drama of the day, which was bad enough, but made me think how different the last 10 years have been for the two clubs.

Just can’t imagine we would have been in a similar situation to them now if we had won the game.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 08:26:17 »

Don't think i've ever celebrated a goal as much as Flints header.
I saw Chalkies Shorts behind me in the crowd and we had a massive hug Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 08:27:15 »

My Facebook memories have just come up with 10 years ago we were playing at Griffin park in the playoffs.

Forget the drama of the day, which was bad enough, but made me think how different the last 10 years have been for the two clubs.

Just can’t imagine we would have been in a similar situation to them now if we had won the game.

Great memories and also remember going there in 1979 when we won 2-1 but blew promotion by losing to Sheffield Wednesday & Blackpool.

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 08:50:24 »

It is painful watching clubs who were traditionally lower down the pecking order than us now holding their own in the premier league in a swanky new stadium. Meanwhile we continue to stagnate moving one step forward and two steps back on a never ending cycle. The apathy reaches so low that it’s laughable that the fan base get excited at the prospect of a tarpaulin roof over Stratton Bank while we mix it up against the football giants of Barrow and Harrogate etc.

I often wonder what we have done to warrant one shady owner after the next and was really hoping Clem was going to be the real deal, however as time goes on as we learn of the people connected with the club and the projects they are involved in I’m not so convinced these days. Great news that the club and trust have secured the stadium purchase but where do people think we will be in 10 years time? My guess based on nothing other than a gut feeling is The County Ground will still look the same in 2 years time and Clem will have sold up once he has realised that this project is to big for him. How could this season end in such a shambles after the complete opposite of last season? Will be interesting to see if the new Wrexham owners make similar mistakes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 09:51:29 »

I guess the hope is Clem slowly gets our shit together and someone with the necessary finances is convinced to buy him out.

Time is running out and I hope this is the bottom of the curve.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 10:09:13 »

We’re a better prospect for a buyer now than ever, if (big if) the finances can be presented transparently in a way they couldn’t under Power. The size of our fanbase makes us a far more attractive club to get hold of than most in League Two. Our ceiling is higher. We just need some Hollywood moneybags….  hopefully they’ve been on the phone to Reynolds and co and asked if his mates want to play the same game he has…
DMC

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 10:26:21 »

We’re a better prospect for a buyer now than ever, if (big if) the finances can be presented transparently in a way they couldn’t under Power. The size of our fanbase makes us a far more attractive club to get hold of than most in League Two. Our ceiling is higher. We just need some Hollywood moneybags….  hopefully they’ve been on the phone to Reynolds and co and asked if his mates want to play the same game he has…
Exactly this
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 10:30:42 »

Can picture Ryan Reynolds besties Hugh Jackman & Channing Tatum on the sandwich run.
Not so sure about Taylor Swift but stranger things have happened.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 10:39:43 »

I wrongly assumed Tom Cruise would be the richest actor with a net worth of some $600M dollars. Then a quick google search showed the richest actor is Jami Gertz with a whopping $3B dollars! Someone seriously needs to bash her on head and when she wakes up convince her she always been a Town fan.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 12:16:26 »

…if we are talking fantasy Hollywood owners. Then there is only one man for the job.

* IMG_8212.png (995.14 KB, 681x995 - viewed 56 times.)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 12:17:33 »

One of us just needs to marry a Kardashian. Six months marriage, go full Kanye, speedy divorce settlement in time for the January transfer window.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 12:24:15 »

I guess the hope is Clem slowly gets our shit together and someone with the necessary finances is convinced to buy him out.

Time is running out and I hope this is the bottom of the curve.

Gravity is a pulling force😀
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 21:02:30 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, May 6, 2023, 20:58:58 »

I wrongly assumed Tom Cruise would be the richest actor with a net worth of some $600M dollars. Then a quick google search showed the richest actor is Jami Gertz with a whopping $3B dollars! Someone seriously needs to bash her on head and when she wakes up convince her she always been a Town fan.

Tom Cruise didn't marry a billionaire hedge fund manager.

..never go back.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 07:50:49 »

It isn’t just about celebrity money - Wrexham have gained celebrity status and as a result are now ‘desirable’ to the younger generation.

Ryan Reynolds has made their fan base realise that football is about entertainment and they’ve had that in bagfuls.

It’ll be interesting to see how they cope when they hit a losing streak.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 08:20:49 »

It is painful watching clubs who were traditionally lower down the pecking order than us now holding their own in the premier league in a swanky new stadium. Meanwhile we continue to stagnate moving one step forward and two steps back on a never ending cycle. The apathy reaches so low that it’s laughable that the fan base get excited at the prospect of a tarpaulin roof over Stratton Bank while we mix it up against the football giants of Barrow and Harrogate etc.

I often wonder what we have done to warrant one shady owner after the next and was really hoping Clem was going to be the real deal, however as time goes on as we learn of the people connected with the club and the projects they are involved in I’m not so convinced these days. Great news that the club and trust have secured the stadium purchase but where do people think we will be in 10 years time? My guess based on nothing other than a gut feeling is The County Ground will still look the same in 2 years time and Clem will have sold up once he has realised that this project is to big for him. How could this season end in such a shambles after the complete opposite of last season? Will be interesting to see if the new Wrexham owners make similar mistakes.

Relentless Misery supporting Swindon.
So envious of other Clubs we used to play regularly and are now way behind them. Feels we have just accepted this “as good as it gets” apathy.

This club have potential we just need someone who can unlock it.
Barrow and Harrogate - both embarrassing and depressing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: