Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62911 times)
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #810 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 22:04:23 »

That KKH tackle on De Bruyne at 12:30, total class. This vid is mint.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 22:08:03 »

The video captured the atmosphere much better than the live ITV broadcast, thanks. 

Did I hear him say 8 pounds for a burger?? He did say it was a good one, but 8 pounds!!!

He did. Some “Power” cockney priced burger that one.
Good video from the young Citeh lad 👍
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #812 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 22:13:03 »

On a technical note…how do you ‘capture’ a quote to reply to and put it in the purple box? I’ve wanted to reply to things but can’t work out how you do the purple box quote thing.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 23:24:56 »

On a technical note…how do you ‘capture’ a quote to reply to and put it in the purple box? I’ve wanted to reply to things but can’t work out how you do the purple box quote thing.

Tap the quote button which is in the top right corner of every post. Then write your reply underneath.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #814 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 23:34:25 »

Tap the quote button which is in the top right corner of every post. Then write your reply underneath.

Class, cheers for the help.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 02:42:53 »

Class, cheers for the help.

But please never quote like this  Bad Mood
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 08:42:10 »

Cheeky request - could anyone with an Athletic subscription do a little copy and pasting of this?

https://theathletic.com/3046862/2022/01/09/its-fantastic-for-fans-the-clubs-been-starved-of-positives-watching-swindon-v-man-city-with-the-owner-and-chief-exec/

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 08:44:41 »

In which case that source wouldn’t know about it…

Exactly that. Also even if City did that how would Swindon show that on their new upfront, honest and open accounting? Maybe they will pay £400,000 for Gladwin end of season?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 08:52:30 »

If we’re just talking gate receipts it’ll be simple. We, obviously, collect the ticket money and if City say they don’t want their share of it we don’t send them it. No dodgy accounting needed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 08:55:39 »

Fuck me I nearly choked my my gold leaf Wagyu fillet of beef.
Love that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:10:39 »

If we’re just talking gate receipts it’ll be simple. We, obviously, collect the ticket money and if City say they don’t want their share of it we don’t send them it. No dodgy accounting needed.

Not sure it would be that simple, Audrey. Here's the relevant bit from the rules:

"(b) Subject to Rules 22(k) and (l), net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:

(i) In all matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts
of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the
Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final the net gate receipts of
each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In all matches played from (and including) the Third Round of the Competition Proper
prior to the Semi-Final, involving Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The English
Football League playing against Clubs from The FA Premier League or The English
Football League, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided between the
Clubs competing in each match as follows:
55% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The English Football League.
45% to FA Premier League or English Football League Clubs.

(c) The net gate receipts shall be approximately divided immediately after the match. A full
statement of account for the match shall be prepared by the Club playing at its home ground,
on the prescribed Statement of Receipts and Payments Form, and payment shall be made in
full to the Visiting Club and The Association within 14 days of the match. The Statement of
Receipts and Payments Form must be signed by a Director or Football Secretary of the home
Club. A Club failing to comply with this clause may be ordered to pay a fine and any other
punishment, including non-admission in the future to the Competition, may be imposed as
determined by the Professional Game Board.

(d) No competing Club shall make any Agreement with any other competing Club by which their
obligations under the Rules regarding the sharing of net gate receipts may be varied or amended
in any way. “Agreement” for the purpose of the Rules of the Competition means any agreement,
arrangement, obligation, undertaking or understanding whether oral or written, formal or informal,
contractual or otherwise, binding in law or otherwise, and of any nature whatsoever; and which
includes for these purposes any attempt to enter into any such Agreement.

(e) Any Club failing to comply with these provisions may at the discretion of the Professional
Game Board:
(i) be ordered to pay daily interest on the money due calculated at 5% per annum over
Barclays Bank Base Rate in force for the time being from the due date to the actual
date of payment, and/or;
(ii) be removed from the Competition for the current and/or future seasons and any other
order as is deemed appropriate until such time as the money has been paid."

Personally, I'd go for the Gladwin to Man City for £400K option as a 'workaround'  Smiley
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:15:59 »

City could just donate after the game, the rules have been followed and it's done post the original agreement.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:19:43 »

They could pay for our pre season tour down under with an exhibition match on the way there say in Thailand with a night out in Pattaya?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:20:34 »

I’m certain I’ve heard previously that a PL club has waived their entitlement to gate receipts.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:39:50 »

I’m certain I’ve heard previously that a PL club has waived their entitlement to gate receipts.

AV did last season but that my have been in the LC. Or the season before?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: