Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62970 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 19:58:43 »

On the City forum a few reckon they have waived there share, but even if they did it wouldn’t be made public by either club as it’s against FA rules so any deal agreed would have to be denied by all parties.

In which case that source wouldn’t know about it…
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:35:28 »

Still beaming from last night. Dead proud of the club after the shitshow last season and the summer.

It’s probably something that would wear very thin if it happened regularly, but from the moment the lineup was announced I couldn’t shift that odd feeling of giddy awe over the quality of what that team holds, playing against a hastily cobbled league two team. Fuck the over analysing and criticism of the mistakes, it happens for teams at much higher levels than ours. They happen and aren’t ideal, but we still gave a great account of ourselves overall.

We got our goal and that great period where we ruffled them a bit. If you could bottle that atmosphere…

As been mentioned. Lyden being fit is like having a new quality signing. Keep him fit and I fancy our chances the 2nd half of the season.

Glad Ward had some great moments for the scrapbook too. Made to look a bit silly first half but those who know what they’re looking at should realise the blame lies elsewhere.

Also thought iandolo’s deliveries into the box were superb. If Critchlowe had managed to get a better head on that free kick, I probably would have burst.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:42:16 »

So why did we have two defenders for the short goal kick

PS don't expect an answer

The routine clearly that was practiced all week.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:43:30 »

The routine clearly that was practiced all week.
which is what i thought, but garner says not in his interview

He said: “We work on things in training, and that wasn’t something we’d worked on.

“Sometimes in the limelight, you make random decisions – unfortunately, that’s what we did. That isn’t something we worked on or prepared for.

“That was frustrating, but I understand it’s a huge game for the players and sometimes you can make decisions that aren’t the right ones in the moment.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #799 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:46:40 »

For the second City goal it looked like the rest of the lads had pushed up (a little at least) with Dion in the box demanding the ball. Fair play for trying to play out against City I guess and it has been great reading the positive comments on their forum.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:49:47 »

Quote from: STFC no2 fan
Fair play for trying to play out against City I guess and it has been great reading the positive comments on their forum.

Fair play? we nearly got caught 2 or 3 times before that.

I'm not interested in an argument because what's done is done and we were never going to win
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 20:54:44 »

which is what i thought, but garner says not in his interview

He did refer to it. They had two scenarios and the second clearly wasn’t executed how it should have been.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:05:01 »

Think this was yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/technicallythetruth/comments/rz35gz/i_guess_he_just_wants_a_massage_someone_please/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Any of you jokers borrow your teenage daughter’s chunky Fila shoes and make this 1st class Dad joke?
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #803 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:07:24 »

Mint occasion all round, was buzzing for days before the game and last night a great reward for Clem for saving the club and the lads who have battled hard all season and have put us in a serious promotion hunt against all expectations. Been said on here already I think but just how good was Rodri!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:11:03 »

Anyone manage to get a recording of the Sky Sports News prematch coverage? Clem was on a couple of times I saw while in the pub, but no audio.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:20:37 »

This is a good honest City Blog, with fair praise for the Swindon players and fans.
And some action filmed from the away end.
Great view of Town End after the goal !
Worth a watch if you have a spare 20 mins

I think that summed up our atmosphere very well.
To me it was so positive that we can achieve something special with the right direction.
Can only hope a few more come back.
Speaking to my Citeh mate today appears we’ve made a great impression with them.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #806 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:39:34 »

Class video that, still gutted that had Fjortoft's 'goal' at Maine Rd not been disgracefully disallowed (and put us 2-0 up) we would have been level on points with them and in a strong position to survive the Prem. I think David Rocastle (RIP) provided some magic to beat us after that.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:46:15 »

I think that summed up our atmosphere very well.
To me it was so positive that we can achieve something special with the right direction.
Can only hope a few more come back.
Speaking to my Citeh mate today appears we’ve made a great impression with them.

The video captured the atmosphere much better than the live ITV broadcast, thanks. 

Did I hear him say 8 pounds for a burger?? He did say it was a good one, but 8 pounds!!!
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #808 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 21:50:30 »

A very expensive burger...why didn't he buy a sandwich in Tesco? :-)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 22:01:55 »

The video captured the atmosphere much better than the live ITV broadcast, thanks. 

Did I hear him say 8 pounds for a burger?? He did say it was a good one, but 8 pounds!!!

Fuck me I nearly choked my my gold leaf Wagyu fillet of beef.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: