Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21391 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 19:17:11 »

Just been on the onevalefan forum and it is unbelievably fair. 34 pages as well. Credit to them.

Bizarre I know but I always enjoy my trips to Vale.
I know the place can be edgy but I in the main found them to be a grounded bunch over the years.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 19:32:34 »

I know the place can be edgy but I in the main found them to be a grounded bunch over the years.

100% agree.  Always love going to the Wembley of the North.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Hunk

« Reply #362 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 21:56:37 »

The vast majority on there have been absolutely fair in calling it what is was, a clear red card. The one comment that did make me laugh though was: ‘Mckirdy was a man he would have just got back up not lay there making the situation look 100 times worse than it was’.

Never mind the fact that McKirdy was up 100 times quicker than the guy who had just kicked him square in the chest, eh? There are some right donuts out there.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, January 17, 2022, 09:53:36 »

Well that was fun on Saturday wasn't it? And hugely surprising given how Mansfield played against us on the Tuesday, I assumed that Vale would adapt a similar way of playing and get in our faces from the outset. It just didn't happen. From minute 1 to minute 90 we dictated play and Williams capped off a great move to put us 1 up. We carried on dictating the play but the first time Vale pressed and won the ball they went up the pitch and scored. To be fair it was a good hit by their on loan striker rather than them doing anything fancy but it was a bolt out of the blue and should have given Vale the kick up the arse. However it didn't really change anything at all. I'm sure it's been said multiple times already, but what on earth was Covolan thinking? Just an insane thing to do and a deserved red and a penalty dispatched expertly by Gladwin.

Second half you would think Vale would be fired up but again they were so so passive and in the end the second half was like a training exercise. Our third was a fluke and I was a bit disappointed we didn't really make our obvious superiority count more. Simpson was unlucky with a finish that went wide and McKirdy and Lyden had shots that went well over. To a man we were excellent, I thought Reed was the star, dictating the play and it was good to see Gladwin and Williams playing so well, although I think the former was guilty at times of holding onto the ball a little too much. The back 3 were very comfortable, O'Brien seems to have slotted in nicely.

Fantastic win which was much needed. I was watching on IPTV which means I get the home comms, which I think was Radio Stoke and they were excellent. Non-Biased, knew all our players names (some of the comms on Ifollow are so amateurish) and gave us the credit we deserved. Rovers at home next is a huge opportunity for another 3 points at home.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, January 17, 2022, 10:16:11 »

McKirdy v Covolan (the PV keeper) could be interesting this weekend. During the Mansfield game when McKirdy was getting riled he pointlessly barged into the Mansfield keeper Bishop, who made absolutely nothing of it and got on with it. If he does that on Saturday their keeper will milk that for all it's worth! Harry definitely needs to keep a lid on it Saturday, he's not going to get a good reception at all, which he will thrive on.

You still need to explain this Nostrodamus moment.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, January 17, 2022, 10:23:22 »

You still need to explain this Nostrodamus moment.

haha - A magician never reveals his secrets Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, January 17, 2022, 10:40:14 »

A lovely unexpected result!

Heard the first go in on the car wireless....i reckon the people following must of thought i had a fit!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: