Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21529 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 23:23:42 »

That first goal was delicious.  A thing of beauty.

The McKirdy/Williams axis is so important for us.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 05:34:02 »

Does love his social media, does Harry

* E78FF96D-B41A-4C84-8319-B171D26ACD19.jpeg (396.08 KB, 1088x2355 - viewed 386 times.)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 08:52:53 »

What does he mean about Halloween? Is he saying everyone looked ugly?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:01:17 »

Just watched the highlights and wondering about the "own goal".It might be the camera angle but I think I've seen far more "dubious" goals given to the striker

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:10:32 »

Needs to be careful. Harry is so infectious, plays the game as he mentioned the other week like a fan.
Going to be targeted to try and get him wound up.
After the game noted a couple of Vale fans outside the players entrance giving him some unnecessary insults, one pathetic Father and no doubt his Son.
Harry’s Dad ushered him away quite rightly so.
Let his football do the talking and at present the lad is on fire and doing superb.

Harry’s Dad, what a character and laugh. Millwall Supporter and we were having a great crack after the game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #335 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:13:49 »

Needs to be careful. Harry is so infectious, plays the game as he mentioned the other week like a fan.
Going to be targeted to try and get him wound up.
After the game noted a couple of Vale fans outside the players entrance giving him some unnecessary insults, one pathetic Father and no doubt his Son.
Harry’s Dad ushered him away quite rightly so.
Let his football do the talking and at present the lad is on fire and doing superb.

Harry’s Dad, what a character and laugh. Millwall Supporter and we were having a great crack after the game.
I agree he does need to reign it in a little by the sound of it on social media but I also want him to keep that fiesty edge.

It cant go down well that his old man is a 'Wall supporter and he is a Chelsea fan? Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:16:55 »

Making Plans for ... Harry

Echoes of XTC from a former manager, Chris Beech:

Harry wasn’t happy. He lives in Harry’s world. Harry needs to find a place where he is happy for those skill sets to be more consistent
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:18:27 »

Dominance in the first half, let them play in the second but always in control.

Had to chuckle at the "is that all you take away" effort from their lot.
I believe nearly twice as many as the number of oatcake munchers that came to the CG.
Wasn't expecting 700 though and the support was outstanding and good that the interest hasn't tailed off.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:20:17 »

I agree he does need to reign it in a little by the sound of it on social media but I also want him to keep that fiesty edge.

It cant go down well that his old man is a 'Wall supporter and he is a Chelsea fan? Smiley
Harry's choice.... nothing if not confrontational  Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:26:47 »

Not read back.

Great win when it mattered and wasn't expecting anything more than a draw. A key win in respect of those important ones around other teams challenging for POs/Autos.

Most of the wrongs righted from Tuesday, although I'd have preferred these fixtures reversed (Mansfield Today instead of Tues) and could have maybe bagged 6pts from 2 or at least 4pts from 2. Alas, I think the quality of Mansfield was too soon, directly after the FA Cup match.

Special mention to Andrew Hawes today, who did a sublime job as not only Lead Commentator and post-match Interviewer but also as match day anchor (behave you lot). To do all that in live broadcast is testament to what a great broadcast professional BBC Wilts has and that many of us get to listen to. He has his critics but today was no easy task. I would give Hawes an honorary MoM award but agree with Paul Caddis that Ben Gladwin did some of his best stuff today; would be nice if he could do that a little more often!

Let's see Town chase down that auto spot now. Town are better than Northampton but of course only the table will dictate the true state of that come early May.

COYR!
We are so lucky indeed to have Andrew.  A true fan but always measured and informed.

A complete contrast to many of our oppo comms - and indeed to the puerile commentators higher up the tree.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 09:47:31 »

Just looked back quickly at the last five seasons final placings. Take away our promotion year it is either 79 x 2 or 84 x 2 for third place. Automatic promotion is certainly within our grasp.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 10:26:09 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/swindon-town/12517033/port-vale-1-3-swindon-league-two-highlights
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 10:56:36 »

It's telling that their goal was their only inclusion in the highlights.
Looked saveable at the time and just confirmed.

Idiotic by their keeper but certainly not complaining!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 12:42:16 »

A rare occasion when an opposing manager agrees thats its a sending off

"I think it’s…..he caught the ball and he has kicked out. It is a stupid decision, it is a ****house decision to be honest with you"

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Sunday, January 16, 2022, 12:55:21 »

McKirdy reminds me of Frank Worthington & Stan Bowles and so lucky he didn't have a serious injury with studs going into his stomach.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: