Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21532 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 18:17:24 »

BPVFC 1 STFC 3
that's all we need to know
I have a lot of respect for Carol Shanahan, along with Clem Morfuni it could be the rise of decent owners.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 18:20:11 »

I had my doubts that we could play Gladwin and Williams in the same midfield. Maybe I was wrong. Is Gladwin any more mobile?

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 18:34:26 »

Vale are a horrible group of cunts aren't they, niggly tackles and then lots of abuse afterwards

They were the biggest bunch of cunts at home as well. The difference was that officiating team was the most naive bunch of morons to ever take charge of a game. Every trick in the book and they just totally oblivious. Didn't have the first clue on gamesmanship/rule bending.

Ref and linesman today weren't, thankfully and they got found out.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 18:37:30 »

After watching Tuesday and today can't see PV anywhere near it. Mansfield are fast on the rise and seem unstoppable. I'd expect top 3 at the end of the season to be: FGR, Tranmere and Mansfield. Still, if we make 3/4 good signings in the right areas, we've got every sniff.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 18:44:15 »

pv have had one match since December 11th (fa cup 3rd round).

agree if as today's performance they'll be nowhere near it. But a bit cautious it's not rustyness
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 19:34:39 »

Interesting perspective on the officiating. Agree with the home tie and the poor officials. I couldn’t make today for a perfect storm of reasons so didn’t get a first hand take on the ref and Lino’s. I think although when you’re at a game watching the clusterfuck unfold all rational thinking goes south. I was talking to the Supermarine physio earlier and they had a penalty shout which the opposition agreed after should have been given turned down because it was in the refs own words ‘too early @ 3 mins’ into the game and a red card, again the opposition said was yellow at the worst. So, you we have accept at our level we’re going to get inconsistent decisions both for and against us. I hate it as much as any of you do but at my age you learn to accept these life’s inconsistencies. After all, if all the top games ran like clockwork there wouldn’t be VAR. But there is and even that has had it’s fair share of controversy. BG can sit comfortably on the coach home knowing today cancels out the home game.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 19:45:29 »

Strange tactics from Vale today. Happy to let us have the ball, especially strange considering the success they had pressing us at the start of the season. At times in the first half we'd be knocking it around our back three and their 2 forwards were practically walking. Any team that lets us run the game like we did today is going to be in for a hard time. I didn't understand it personally. Lack of fitness from them due to lack of games?

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 19:52:45 »

I was talking to the Supermarine physio earlier and they had a penalty shout which the opposition agreed after should have been given turned down because it was in the refs own words ‘too early @ 3 mins’ into the game and a red card, again the opposition said was yellow at the worst.

That is mental for a ref to actually admit that. You can't base your decision on the timing of the incident.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 19:58:27 »

Donkey tried to get a rise but got quickly closed down.

Too Cool

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 20:02:13 »

I was talking to the Supermarine physio earlier and they had a penalty shout which the opposition agreed after should have been given turned down because it was in the refs own words ‘too early @ 3 mins’ into the game and a red card, again the opposition said was yellow at the worst.l
I was at the game and it looked a penalty and a lot of people said the sending off wasn't even a yellow as he won the ball. The player was protesting innocence well after the game. Saying that it was a 4-0 dicking from a very good side and 2 cracking goals from them. The officiating gets worse the lower the league. 
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 20:03:06 »

That is mental for a ref to actually admit that. You can't base your decision on the timing of the incident.

I agree, however it is not the first time a ref has said that.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 20:03:24 »

Great result Town! Wasn't expecting that, tbh, after the home game. Agree with Ron; lot of respect for Carol Shanahan after how she dealt with the Covid season and decision on promotion. The big question, of course, remains unanswered. What did BO know about beef between McKirdy and the Vale keeper???
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 20:05:32 »

I was at the game and it looked a penalty and a lot of people said the sending off wasn't even a yellow as he won the ball. The player was protesting innocence well after the game. Saying that it was a 4-0 dicking from a very good side and 2 cracking goals from them. The officiating gets worse the lower the league.  

Well I can only report what was said to me. At the end of the season it will show 0-4 and the match details consigned to memory of those that were there and the match reports from those who put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 20:20:20 »

Incredible solid performance, totally dominated.
Great to have a chat with Jonny Williams after the game, his Dad a real gentleman and met a fair few players after and all were full of confidence and so pleased with the performance.

O’Brien on that showing looks a decent prospect.
Great understanding with Dion Conroy and great communication all game. Kept it tight and once the 3rd went in game over.
Just incredible this football, expected nothing today and the lads go and pull our an unexpected class performance away from home against one of the fancied sides.

Was getting a little concerned at the penalty incident. Thinking is Harry in trouble. Total amazement in the away end after Ref consulted the Lino and penalty and red card.
Absolute unstoppable penalty from Glidewin (yes).
Loved that on the road today. Take a bow to us Supporters as well never stopped backing the lads from start to finish.
Garner must be feeling good tonight.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 15, 2022, 20:31:00 »

Not read back.

Great win when it mattered and wasn't expecting anything more than a draw. A key win in respect of those important ones around other teams challenging for POs/Autos.

Most of the wrongs righted from Tuesday, although I'd have preferred these fixtures reversed (Mansfield Today instead of Tues) and could have maybe bagged 6pts from 2 or at least 4pts from 2. Alas, I think the quality of Mansfield was too soon, directly after the FA Cup match.

Special mention to Andrew Hawes today, who did a sublime job as not only Lead Commentator and post-match Interviewer but also as match day anchor (behave you lot). To do all that in live broadcast is testament to what a great broadcast professional BBC Wilts has and that many of us get to listen to. He has his critics but today was no easy task. I would give Hawes an honorary MoM award but agree with Paul Caddis that Ben Gladwin did some of his best stuff today; would be nice if he could do that a little more often!

Let's see Town chase down that auto spot now. Town are better than Northampton but of course only the table will dictate the true state of that come early May.

COYR!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: