Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 58   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Manchester City FA Cup 3rd round pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 62967 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:06:00 »

McCoist was very good I thought, as was the ITV commentary and coverage in general.

I blame Conroy for the second goal as Ward clearly wanted to kick it long as was highlighted on the commentary. Conroy insisted on him playing it short and it must be hard to overrule your captain in a situation like that especially when you've only just come into the side.
This.

If you have a keeper who you know is not that confident with his feet why do a stupid one two with him in the area (which achieved the square root of fuck all and placed Ward further from the centre of goal) where it goes from him having having a clear to kick to a rushed kick whilst being closed down, likewise the player it went to in midfield hardly excelled with his control!

It was interesting to see them show Garners reaction which seemed to combine either what the fuck was that and for fucks sake.

In terms of the first one it should've never come across into the middle, but the CD's seem to be getting a free ride as to why Bernardo had an unchallenged tap in!

For the free kick, looking at it from behind the goal there was a lot of curve on it and you had a left footer lining up to take it as well so if pushed wall further one way every possibility it would have ended up in the other corner with equal accuracy.

Jesus's penalty was total gash, glad we git the rebound cleared as can imagine some would have criticised Ward for not holding it if they scored the follow up.

McCoist was very good (he does co coms on Amazon as well) and had obviously done some homework on us, Mottershead less so, I had to laugh when he suggested Town fans loved Garner, he obviously doesn't read the Internet sites I do.

Generally proud, take that and we move on.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:14:52 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Man City we’re entitled to a % of the gate and TV money. They waived that right and told Us to keep all of it.

Credit to them.

Hate to be the miserable one, but I was in hospitality last night and Clem and Rob Angus came over to our table for a chat. Someone asked Rob if there was any chance of Man City waving the gate money and the reply was ‘no chance’
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:24:07 »

I see JML, Idem and Scott Marshall all returned inconclusive Covid tests before the game.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:26:33 »

I see JML, Idem and Scott Marshall all returned inconclusive Covid tests before the game.
Explains things, thought it was hardly a vote of confidence in a newly signed keeper that he was being kept off the bench by a 40+ keeper.

Sent from my SM-A125F
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:41:28 »

Explains things, thought it was hardly a vote of confidence in a newly signed keeper that he was being kept off the bench by a 40+ keeper.

Sent from my SM-A125F

Indeed, although we wondered if he’d already played in the Cup (even if the preliminary rounds), but the Covid explanation makes more sense.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:45:01 »

Ben Chorley was asked by Hodgetts before the game why the new goalkeeper wasn't in the squad and said "he must have picked up a niggle" a little porkies me thinks😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:52:23 »

Having watched that again on the recorded TV I thought we kept our shape superbly throughout despite playing the best in the land.
Over played it but that’s what we do.

Credit the Citeh fans everyone I met superb.
Two blokes season ticket holders based in Bournemouth said we had a go unlike Chelsea etc

No shame in that whatsoever and enjoyed it.
Now on to Mansfield and Vale - no problems both sets of tickets arrived this Morning.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:53:58 »

The obigatory opposition forum thoughts, obviously Man City have a lot of forums and a lot of posters but here are some comments from the top forum.

Thank you Man City (I know some of your forum posters will be reading this) your comments are much appreciated.

Great you posting that Venks.👍
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 13:57:00 »

Having watched that again on the recorded TV I thought we kept our shape superbly throughout despite playing the best in the land.
Over played it but that’s what we do.

Credit the Citeh fans everyone I met superb.
Two blokes season ticket holders based in Bournemouth said we had a go unlike Chelsea etc

No shame in that whatsoever and enjoyed it.
Now on to Mansfield and Vale - no problems both sets of tickets arrived this Morning.

I think the only criticism can be the messing around with short goal kicks etc which Roy Keane has just eluded to whilst commenting on a similar incident in the Millwall v Palace game. On TV you could barely hear the City fans but I'm guessing that was down to accoustics and the westerly wind.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 14:48:54 »

JJ missed the best of the Man City comments

‘Bunch of wankers Oxford. Plastic Spurs wannabees. Can't stand the twats.’
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 14:50:18 »

I think the only criticism can be the messing around with short goal kicks etc which Roy Keane has just eluded to whilst commenting on a similar incident in the Millwall v Palace game. On TV you could barely hear the City fans but I'm guessing that was down to accoustics and the westerly wind.

Sure but that’s what is being practiced all week and not just executed on the night.
It’s the way we are encouraged to play irrespective of the opposition.
Just looked as if it wasn’t going to how it should by the body language of the players. I for one am not disappointed, just need to now concentrate on the league and keep getting better at what we do.
Short of a left back and a decent forward. Could do with more legs in midfield.

Taking everything into account we are way exceeding expectations.
Loved it last night 👍
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #776 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 14:50:34 »

JJ missed the best of the Man City comments

‘Bunch of wankers Oxford. Plastic Spurs wannabees. Can't stand the twats.’

It wasn't on there when I looked I am sure Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:00:29 »

Sure but that’s what is being practiced all week and not just executed on the night.
It’s the way we are encouraged to play irrespective of the opposition.
Just looked as if it wasn’t going to how it should by the body language of the players. I for one am not disappointed, just need to now concentrate on the league and keep getting better at what we do.
Short of a left back and a decent forward. Could do with more legs in midfield.

Taking everything into account we are way exceeding expectations.
Loved it last night 👍

Garner suggested on the radio that the short passing out, which led to the 2nd goal, was not the plan and he was frustrated that they went against plans…
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:00:54 »

KKH immense. Imagine that's the last we've seen of him in a Town shirt. If I were Villa I'd be getting him to a Championship team ASAP.

What a team City are. Just make everything effortless. They've done much worse to much better teams so no grumbling from me. Just glad we had that moment from the penno save to the goal. Great stuff! Hopefully the extra 2/3k fancy coming back
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Saturday, January 8, 2022, 15:01:43 »

Mentioned it last night but as it has been bought up again.
Really enjoyed McCoist commentary. Thought he displayed a good knowledge of our current style of play this season but also (rightfully) criticised it in places. Very good spot from him about Ward signalling to go long from the kick that lead to second. I’d certainly not noticed that.

Good historical knowledge as well - which sounded genuine rather than wiki’d. That statement might not be true but…

Did a decent job as manager of Rangers but Scotland isn’t known for its competitive leagues. I wonder if he’ll venture back into management.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 58   Go Up
Print
Jump to: