Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Stevenage Pre-Match & Matchday Thread  (Read 23601 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #345 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 14:43:55 »

I think Garner and the club missed a trick regarding the fitness of some players and could have had the game posponed and stretched the rules a little like other clubs probably do. After your isolation period is over there is no guarantee that you are ready to go back to your day job certainly if it involves using energy to get your fitness levels back. I had Covid and even after three weeks home from work I wasn't ready to do any light exercise without getting out of breath so there's a good probability many of those players last night weren't nowhere near able to give 100% so maybw the smart move would have been to tell the EFL there were at least 11 players within the squad who hadn't recovered and were suffering with long Covid symptons.

Been a long month with no income but also with Conroy missing 2 games i can imagine they want him back for City
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 14:45:34 »

After considering all options maybe that's why they played the game when they could easily have called me it off.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 17:30:59 »

Been a long month with no income but also with Conroy missing 2 games i can imagine they want him back for City

I thought that when reed was rumoured to be suspended someone said that they were separate competitions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 17:43:24 »

yeah, they are separate

how rusty will Conroy be though!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 17:44:38 »

I'm also wondering whether there will be signings ahead of the Man City game. Garner suggested there would be 'one or two' early on with more strengthening as the window progresses.

Presumably the opportunity to play against Man City would be a draw for potential signings.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 18:21:08 »

yeah, they are separate

how rusty will Conroy be though!

* F043AD99-2423-4D04-BE56-96776C45D76F.jpeg (53.49 KB, 268x335 - viewed 72 times.)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 18:47:51 »

I'm also wondering whether there will be signings ahead of the Man City game. Garner suggested there would be 'one or two' early on with more strengthening as the window progresses.

Presumably the opportunity to play against Man City would be a draw for potential signings.

Be very harsh pushing out established players for a one-off game we’re going to get royally spanked in and dumped out of the competition.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 18:58:35 »

its hard to remember going into a big cup game at the County ground where nobody is giving us a chance as it's hard to see us posing any sort of threat whatever team they play with the talent they have to choose from.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 19:01:07 »

Be very harsh pushing out established players for a one-off game we’re going to get royally spanked in and dumped out of the competition.
Unless they are replacing others who are moving on.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 19:04:26 »

I fear Preston's record may be broken!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 19:07:17 »

Its not helping us being live on TV apart from the money!

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 19:50:39 »

1 is bound to be a keeper as we will only have 1 keeper for Man City game, but what type of keeper wants to come in knowing he will be 2nd choice for a few games, and then will be 3rd choice a month later
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, December 30, 2021, 23:41:09 »

Unless they are replacing others who are moving on.

Of course, who do you suggest that could be?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Friday, December 31, 2021, 11:05:06 »

Of course, who do you suggest that could be?
I've got no idea. I was just speaking hypothetically.

I assume that since Payne and Reed played well for a month or so then there might be other clubs sniffing around. If money is offered then we might not be in a position to refuse it.

It might be that some of the loans are called back and moved up a division. It might also be that Williams has a bit more fitness now and is ready to go up a division or so.

Lots of different scenarios - Some more likely than others.

Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Friday, December 31, 2021, 11:23:20 »

I've got no idea. I was just speaking hypothetically.

I assume that since Payne and Reed played well for a month or so then there might be other clubs sniffing around. If money is offered then we might not be in a position to refuse it.

It might be that some of the loans are called back and moved up a division. It might also be that Williams has a bit more fitness now and is ready to go up a division or so.

Lots of different scenarios - Some more likely than others.

Grant yes, Payne no, Baudrey only if contract is paid up by mutual consent, Gilbert probably, outside of that we need strength in depth and the management can sniff promotion in the air like I can. Without pissing cash away which we do not have they’ll keep as many as is prudent and get what they can in within their budget which may be better than is widely thought.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 31, 2021, 12:36:04 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: