Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Stevenage Pre-Match & Matchday Thread  (Read 24046 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 21:54:15 »

FT 0-0

Could have been worse, but not much!

Couldn't beat a very poor and toothless Stevenage.

I worry about Saturday.

I fear for the Man City game. I hope they play their U23s otherwise it could be double figures.

Town 16/1 citeh 1/10 after tonight’s showing best we can hope for is their coach to break down enroute.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 21:56:46 »

Garner:
- Off where we would normally be
- Other clubs will be in the same position too
- Credit to our medical department
- That will do several players good
- Strange situation. Professional sport and having to do things that are difficult
- Iandolo was one of the hardest hit players. Only back since Boxing Day
- Got through 90 mins. Played good football at times. But have had 16 players out with illness
- Character, togetherness go through it
- Two centre halves were excellent
- Had to change shape tonight.
- Very proud of that
- Still thought about Stevenage and tactics
- Better in the second half
- Had to play back 4 as we didnt have any other fit players. Had to make a shape around that
- Start of 2nd half good. Had much more control
- Lacked sharpness due to time off
- Breaking teams down: They sat in a low block. Every restart took an eternity. They slowed the game.
- We kept trying but could unlock
- East played a cracking ball to Williams
- Did't create enough. Didnt look like scoring enough
- Take positives, have to recover for Northampton game
- EFL need to take a look at the quick turn around of games. More subs? Need to look after the players
- 16 players all tested positive
- If players can train for 2 days then they can play
- Like to think that is consistent across the league. But thinks some have taken advantage when they have injuries
- Northampton called off tonight but will play on Saturday
- The two unavailable tonight can train and are available for the weekend. However, its a fine balancing act in getting them fit again
- New players: We'd like to get 1 or 2 in quickly in key areas. Then use the rest of the window to assess players we want. We have targets.
- Chorley has been working hard.
- We are still under embargo and restriction of squad numbers.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:01:38 »

You don’t half talk some shit, we are in the play offs, 4 points off automatic with a game in hand.

Have you been watching? We are getting worse.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:10:39 »

Quote from: Red Frog
did mckirdy get booked?
No. That's how ill he must be.  Eek

😲

a Christmas miracle Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:12:39 »

thanks for the Garner comments NMH, as ever
pantomime dame

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:16:09 »

Quote from: Quagmire on Today at 21:33:21
You don’t half talk some shit, we are in the play offs, 4 points off automatic with a game in hand.

I think if you regularly watch the Town away from home, you will have a more upbeat perspective of our season so far. I only watch the home games and have to agree with one supporter who texted radio Wiltshire and said 'We are one dimensional and boring'
I didn't go tonight. simply couldn't muster the enthusiasm. I couldn't hear the crowd.

Woke is the revenge of the mediocre
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:16:52 »

thanks for the Garner comments NMH, as ever
Missed the first bit, but he tends to repeat himself.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:24:19 »

I think I would have to agree with this.   Other teams adjusted to towns game and town hasn’t countered that move apparently
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:28:47 »

We aren’t getting worse, we are having a bit of a blip in form, as every team does every season.

Our players didn’t train for 10 days, 16 of them have had Covid and they have been back together a week. Tonight wasn’t that bad when you take that into account.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:33:26 »

We aren’t getting worse, we are having a bit of a blip in form, as every team does every season.

Our players didn’t train for 10 days, 16 of them have had Covid and they have been back together a week. Tonight wasn’t that bad when you take that into account.
Normally that would be a good defence for a lacklustre performance but the problem is that tonight was no different to every other home game this season, the way we play just continues to suck the life out of the crowd at home.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:36:43 »

Normally that would be a good defence for a lacklustre performance but the problem is that tonight was no different to every other home game this season, the way we play just continues to suck the life out of the crowd at home.
disagree completely. can you let me know when our home form was good? this covid hit team performed a generic home performance end of.

our home showing is embarrassing and we could copy and paste each home match day thread. the fact that garner said our football at times was fantastic is equally embarrassing, who is he trying to kid.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:39:52 »

disagree completely. can you let me know when our home form was good? this covid hit team performed a generic home performance end of.

our home showing is embarrassing and we could copy and paste each home match day thread. the fact that garner said our football at times was fantastic is equally embarrassing, who is he trying to kid.
That’s what I said?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:40:57 »

I don’t for a second think we are playing well at the moment, but I just don’t think it’s ‘that’ bad. Especially bad enough for comments like ‘Garner isn’t the answer’.

The home form isn’t great, and it does get frustrating to watch sometimes but I don’t think we are far away.
A few players added in January and it could all click.

I don’t think a change if manager is what we need, just a bit more patience.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:44:08 »

That’s what I said?

apologies I somehow quoted you instead of quagmire.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2021, 22:51:57 »

I thought we played ok under the circumstances but yes we need a couple of forwards to finish moves of. Mystified about Williams lack of game time. He should be the best player in this league by some distance. These are not normal times, Garner is doing a fantastic job imho and some of the football good to watch. Such Fickle fans with short memories like spoilt toddlers at Christmas at times. We have a club and we’re in the playoffs FFS.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: