Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 64427 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:37:36 »

so if these players are 2nd teamers or younger players...do they have subs to bring on ?

Most of our subs are also younger players.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:38:04 »

I'm not sure Baudry's issue is the usual one of the legs going, I think his reaction speed has gone.  He's a second or two behind doing what he should be.  The goal was a good example, he'd tracked the run well enough but hadn't reacted in time to the cross itself to get anything goal side of Agard.  He was also slow in stepping up a minute or two back, Crichlow was gesturing what the rets were trying to do.  It's similar to the earlier part of last season where he looked like a player who was rusty, but he can't seem to shake that off.  The game is just moving faster than his brain.
Is that the slowness of thought that we have seen from the likes of Gladwin and co who were regaining fitness and were rusty?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:38:38 »

Ward misses that cross but luckily it went wide of the player.

HT 1-1

Lyden my MoM so far followed by Dabre probably.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:39:06 »

meh. ok first 20, downhill since .

Hunt pick of our players for me
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:39:51 »

HT 1-1 Couldn't come soon enough.

Started brightly and we're all over Plymouth. Once Plymouth scored we looked a little deflated and then seemed to tire in the last 15 mins

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:40:10 »

Is that the slowness of thought that we have seen from the likes of Gladwin and co who were regaining fitness and were rusty?

Yes and no, I am not sure Baudry has anywhere to go.  I think two seasons running suggests this just may be the beginning of the end of his career.  Such a drop off from the first season with us.  Gladwin is gradually improving and was not a speed of thought issue.  I think his was physical, he looks like the sort of player that needs a lot of "winding-up" to get to full speed.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:40:14 »

I think we’re past that with Baudry. I can’t remember him having a half-decent game in 15+ months.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:40:42 »

I'm not sure Baudry's issue is the usual one of the legs going, .
could be.

he's also barely played for quite some time.

edit: I see you've addressed that point above
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:41:14 »

Parsons also looked a bit cream crackered at the end of that half, not the first time.  Looks quite bright but seems very short of stamina.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:42:03 »

Enjoyable half. Lucky to still be 1-1. Like the look of East, Dabre and flashes of Aguiar. Mitchell Lawson doesn’t seem to offer much. Lyden and Hunt pretty good. More good saves from Ward.

We seem very easy to get at.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:42:34 »

Yes and no, I am not sure Baudry has anywhere to go.  I think two seasons running suggests this just may be the beginning of the end of his career.  Such a drop off from the first season with us.  Gladwin is gradually improving and was not a speed of thought issue.  I think his was physical, he looks like the sort of player that needs a lot of "winding-up" to get to full speed.

Yes and no, I am not sure Baudry has anywhere to go.  I think two seasons running suggests this just may be the beginning of the end of his career.  Such a drop off from the first season with us.  Gladwin is gradually improving and was not a speed of thought issue.  I think his was physical, he looks like the sort of player that needs a lot of "winding-up" to get to full speed.

Centre backs may be needed in January. We’ve done well to keep the first choice back three fit, but they need competition and back up. Iandolo could drop in, so could Grant, but I’m not sure we even have youth players who can come in there so we (otherwise, they’d presumably be playing tonight).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:43:42 »

Enjoyable half. Lucky to still be 1-1. Like the look of East, Dabre and flashes of Aguiar. Mitchell Lawson doesn’t seem to offer much. Lyden and Hunt pretty good. More good saves from Ward.

We seem very easy to get at.
All of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:44:22 »

To be fair to Baudry, I think the Plymouth front players are more like what he faced last season and there would be plenty of carthorses at our level that he could probably handle, but not for much longer.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:46:25 »

An attractive half and we're still in it.

ust be the oldest
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 18:48:31 »

Too many of ours were wasteful - Odimayo, Lyden - off the pace - Baudry, JML - or marginal - Dabre, Parsons.

Hunt and East ok, but not clicking as a team since the first 15. Not that surprising or concerning in the circumstances, but you’d like to see more claims for a first team place.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: