Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Papa John’s Tournament???  (Read 63989 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 06:20:54 »

I’m looking forward to seeing those players who are on the fringes. Can Dabre repeat his good performance against Arsenal. Aguiar and East, Harry Parsons, Baudry and Lyden coming back from long term injuries. Is Mitchell Lawson a viable alternative if/when Simpson is out.

Important game, I reckon. Not too bothered about the result but am about the performance of individuals.

Our first choice 15/16 are fine, but I can’t see those will get through the whole season without injury/suspensions.

Game time, even in this competition, is vital.
Agree - A training session. (I'll be watching)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 08:20:07 »

Agree - A training session. (I'll be watching)

So will I

ust be the oldest
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 08:30:47 »

Hope the Cowmeadow get a run out!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 09:21:55 »

So will I
+1

Its still a first team fixture against (mostly) 1st team players, its good money for the club if we win, the same amount as we got from Sky for a fucking live TV game!

Its a chance to run the eye over the fringe players as we have no competitive reserve league any more.

Also winnings breeds confidence.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 09:22:29 »

Hope the Cowmeadow get a run out!
He has impressed me when I have seen him play, about 5 or 6 times previously to go with his great name!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:32:35 »

I got an email yesterday offering me a discount on 2 large Papa John’s pizza for just under a tenner - proper price nearly £33.

Wtf!

2 Large Pizzas At Papa John's For £9.99 (norm £32.98)

Papa Johns Pizza DealIf you wanted a takeaway, this is a very good deal to get you 2 large pizzas.

This is quite an unusual deal, in the sense that you have to buy it through Wowcher.

There are only 49 locations involved in the deal, so make sure you check your local is available before buying.

Once you've bought the deal, you can enter a code on the Papa Johns website when ordering.

Find out more information, and to get the deal, head over to Wowcher.

The Catch: Only valid at 49 stores

Expiry: While Stocks Last
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:33:15 »

Used to go all the time to these games and with Plymouth just over the border from where my brother lives, i would of gone to this one, probably with the nephew.

Premiership B Teams was the thin end of the wedge for me and i havent been since.

Wont go even if its the final, happy to watch that on TV in the pub.

If the premiership want competitive B Team fixtures, bring back the combination league, they have the money to do it.

Anyway, no injuries tonight please.

Clems Army!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:43:40 »

I got an email yesterday offering me a discount on 2 large Papa John’s pizza for just under a tenner - proper price nearly £33.

Wtf!

2 Large Pizzas At Papa John's For £9.99 (norm £32.98)

Papa Johns Pizza DealIf you wanted a takeaway, this is a very good deal to get you 2 large pizzas.

This is quite an unusual deal, in the sense that you have to buy it through Wowcher.

There are only 49 locations involved in the deal, so make sure you check your local is available before buying.

Once you've bought the deal, you can enter a code on the Papa Johns website when ordering.

Find out more information, and to get the deal, head over to Wowcher.

The Catch: Only valid at 49 stores

Expiry: While Stocks Last

To be fair, the Melksham Papa Johns has been £9.99 for a extra large pizza when collected for a month of so now.
It’s superb on a hangover!!

They shit all over Domino’s!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:45:24 »

For those that are interested about team selections.

Player rules for the game - Swindon must start with at least four outfield first teamers.

A first-team player is defined as someone who starts either of the matches directly before or after the EFL Trophy fixture v Plymouth, a player that has started 40 or more senior matches during their entire career or a player who has started at least the 10th-most matches for the club that season.

Any EFL club that fails to meet this requirement is fined up to £5,000.

So that means Lyden, Baudrey, Iandolo and Ward would cover that rule.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:47:45 »

the Muff preview FWIW.

Argyle take on Swindon Town in the second of their Papa John’s Trophy fixtures on Tuesday night.

The Greens lost their opening game of the competition, away to Newport County AFC, but haven’t tasted defeat since.

A number of youngsters were handed game time in the loss, with five players given their debuts by Ryan Lowe.

One of those was 15-year-old Freddie Issaka, who became Argyle’s youngest ever player when he came on as a second half substitute.

Since that game, Argyle have won four and drawn three in Sky Bet League One and currently sit top of the table.

As for Swindon, they won their opening game of the tournament, beating Arsenal under-21s 2-1 at the County Ground.

Since being relegated to Sky Bet League Two last season, they have been in decent form and lie third in the division.

They have won their last two matches, including a 2-0 triumph over neighbours and leaders Forest Green Rovers on Saturday.

Harry McKirdy and Tyreece Simpson scored for the Robins, who are currently on a four-match unbeaten run.

The form the Wiltshire side are on means that Tuesday night’s will a tough one for the Pilgrims and Ryan Lowe knows his side will have to be at their best.

He said, “They’re a good team, they beat Forest Green on the weekend, and we will have to respect them.

“They were a good team in our league last season and got relegated for whatever reason but for us we have to make sure we put a plan together for them.

“We are expecting a really tough game and it’s one that we want to win.”

Argyle have played Swindon four times previously in the EFL Trophy, most recently in October 2019 when Zak Rudden, Joel Grant and Joe Riley gave the Greens a 3-0 win.

Lowe’s side also did the double over Swindon in the league last season, beating them 4-2 at Home Park and 2-0 at the County Ground.

TEAM NEWS

Ryan Lowe is expected to make changes for the game, which kicks off at 7pm. Luke Jephcott and Brendan Galloway are still away with their international teams, while Niall Ennis and James Bolton are out injured.

Danny Mayor came on as a substitute in the win over Burton Albion on Saturday and is expected to play a part while Callum Burton is likely to come in for Mike Cooper in goal.

Swindon also have players away on international duty. Anthony Grant is with the Jamaican squad playing World Cup qualifiers, while Jojo Wollacott is away with Ghana.

Jonny Williams is in action for Wales and Kaine Kesler-Hayden is with the England under-20 squad.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:51:50 »

For those that are interested about team selections.

Player rules for the game - Swindon must start with at least four outfield first teamers.

A first-team player is defined as someone who starts either of the matches directly before or after the EFL Trophy fixture v Plymouth, a player that has started 40 or more senior matches during their entire career or a player who has started at least the 10th-most matches for the club that season.

Any EFL club that fails to meet this requirement is fined up to £5,000.

So that means Lyden, Baudrey, Iandolo and Ward would cover that rule.

I assume outfield doesn't include goalkeepers so Ward wouldn't be included JJ?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:53:09 »

Ryan Lowe thought we were a good team last season. Fuck me!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 10:54:56 »

It does sound like that but I was told it was actually all players, not sure who to believe as that was lifted from the pasty munchers forum.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:01:26 »

It does sound like that but I was told it was actually all players, not sure who to believe as that was lifted from the pasty munchers forum.

The wording is a little confusing isn't it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 11:09:26 »

What if Ward played upfront?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: