Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Advisory Board  (Read 38702 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:39:00 »

Good to see only £195k left to pay back to the EFL.

That's come down from 750k or so hasn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:40:07 »

Is there any gain if it seems paid off sooner rather than later

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:40:29 »

I believe so, helpful with regards to contract negotiations and January signings I imagine.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:40:41 »

Interesting reading, the debt dispute with DPDS is a new one and must be fairly long-standing.

RR can bugger off, why does he need a shower we could just have a whip round and get him a can of wash in a can. This made me laugh later on 'Rockin’ Robin has requested a changing area (possibly the old “Ball boy” room. With a shower (Or bird bath).'

Should we have a whip round for the '‘The Stratton Bank Community Stand sponsored by TheTownEnd.com in association with TrustSTFC’ state of it we could probably secure for what we pay to sponsor a player previously?

I assume DPDS are this crowd..........

https://www.dpds.co.uk/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:41:07 »

Is there any gain if it seems paid off sooner rather than later

We’d be able to offer more wages and longer contracts in the January window.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:41:57 »

Some questions I have that some on here may know about.

* What is the CCJ that Swindon Borough Council don't seem to be playing ball with the club about? Would this have any impact on any potential purchase of the County Ground?

* Who are Centreplate and DPDS that we seem to have disputes with?

From recollection the County Court Judgement secured by SBC relates to non payment of rent in the latter Power years https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57693793

DPDS were the planning consultancy who were initially leading on the training ground/stables/houses at Highworth, they seemed to be kicked off the job halfway through (Albeit to be fair they may likely have walked if they were not getting paid) with the contact being taken in house at the CG and I assume they were not paid off as per contract requirements.

One query Debts estimated at c£4m is now estimated at £2.5m does that mean £!.5m has ben paid off or that Power was bullshitting about how much was owed by that amount?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:42:16 »

Papa John and the FA Cup should put a decent sized dent in that, too. Presume the income from these wasn’t budgeted for.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:42:27 »

Cheers, that's what I was thinking so something for Clem to ponder

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:42:51 »

I believe so, helpful with regards to contract negotiations and January signings I imagine.

Yeah absolutely. Makes perfect sense to get it paid off as quickly as possible. I imagine the club must have been ruing the Crawley call off as the income/profit from that game with a potential 9k+ crowd would have been useful in that goal.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:46:36 »

Was their crowd problems at the Port Vale and Bradford games? I see the advertising hoardings, seat breaking and bottle throwing etc at Stevenage cost 3k in damages.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 09:54:32 »

From recollection the County Court Judgement secured by SBC relates to non payment of rent in the latter Power years https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57693793

DPDS were the planning consultancy who were initially leading on the training ground/stables/houses at Highworth, they seemed to be kicked off the job halfway through (Albeit to be fair they may likely have walked if they were not getting paid) with the contact being taken in house at the CG and I assume they were not paid off as per contract requirements.

One query Debts estimated at c£4m is now estimated at £2.5m does that mean £!.5m has ben paid off or that Power was bullshitting about how much was owed by that amount?

So reading between the lines it sounds like the club are trying to sort out some kind of repayment agreement with SBC for the backdated unpaid year of rent we are due to them, but they don't seem to be very amiable towards what we are suggesting?

Ah, so DPDS were involved in the training ground plans. Right so they need to be paid as well, champion! Sad I'm sure there will be more that come out of the woodwork over the coming months.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 10:00:30 »

So reading between the lines it sounds like the club are trying to sort out some kind of repayment agreement with SBC for the backdated unpaid year of rent we are due to them, but they don't seem to be very amiable towards what we are suggesting?

I think the repayment agreement is already agreed and is being paid off as per that plan, the sticker seems to be the SBC are not prepared to say that the CCJ has been satisfied and can thus be discharged until the debt is actually cleared. Its a little outside my area of expertise but I am not sure whether the can actually do this legally anway, albeit the clubs lawyer thinks they can and he will now way way better than me, equally I think fans would be a little rich moaning about it as if same were reported in the Advertiser about a single mum with 5 kids people would be up in arms about it (probably on the winds me up thread on here Cheesy).

Ah, so DPDS were involved in the training ground plans. Right so they need to be paid as well, champion! Sad I'm sure there will be more that come out of the woodwork over the coming months.

Indeed, I suspect the issue here is that they were working on training/stables/housing combined and as it stands, a) only the training was ever for the benefit of STFC Ltd with the others Powers personal benefit and b) what if any interest in the land has ben transferred with STFC Ltd (none no doubt) and c) which company name was on the contract?

Fingers crossed there will be limited seeping from the woodwork, as the takeover has been pretty widely reported one would hope creditors know there is a new show in town. I know that if I had an outstanding debt with STFC/Seebeck/Swinton reds a re-presented invoice would have been on Clems desk the week he took over!
« Last Edit: Friday, November 12, 2021, 10:05:47 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 10:07:03 »

Cheers Horlock - that makes sense. So basically the CCJ will not be satisfied until the last backdated debt is paid. I see that from both sides to be honest, but hopefully they can come to an agreement where it's satisfied after a % of the backdated debt is paid or something.

The DPDS thing could get messy as you say. Will be keeping an eye on that going forward.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 10:23:09 »

Cheers Horlock - that makes sense. So basically the CCJ will not be satisfied until the last backdated debt is paid. I see that from both sides to be honest, but hopefully they can come to an agreement where it's satisfied after a % of the backdated debt is paid or something.

The DPDS thing could get messy as you say. Will be keeping an eye on that going forward.

Its all a balancing act for the club, they have the EFL loan which is affecting the football side and the CCJ which is affecting creditworthiness and thus both the football and business side and a decision has to be made as to which it is most preferential to clear first which I am sure our new overlords have in hand.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 12, 2021, 10:28:25 »

Good to see only £195k left to pay back to the EFL.

Don't think that includes the £1M monitored grant though, but its good to see repayment plans being serviced.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: