Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Advisory Board  (Read 38981 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 17:13:06 »

I'm in the Savoie, our flag is already red and white but does look very Danish.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 17:23:03 »

I'm in the Savoie, our flag is already red and white but does look very Danish.

Well if you can make it to Paris you can be treasurer, and that nice Exiled Bob chap can take the minutes. But that Ironside wanker on the Côte d'Azur can fuck right off.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 17:28:11 »

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 17:58:46 »

Interesting point on the engagement with overseas supporters clubs & sharing iFollow stats.
The numbers might be skewed by some of you lot watching from "abroad". Smiley
Has anyone managed to end up in North Korea yet?
A Pyongyang Reds association would be pretty cool and earn the club some much needed publicity.

I'm sure if they look a tiny bit deeper into my account they'll notice that I'm registered for Nationwide staff tickets yet I watch games from Sweden or Norway most weeks Cheesy
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 18:14:22 »

I'm sure if they look a tiny bit deeper into my account they'll notice that I'm registered for Nationwide staff tickets yet I watch games from Sweden or Norway most weeks Cheesy

It’s great that transparency is going both ways these days. I hope the club will recognise your honesty.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 18:17:03 »

WFH
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:24:37 »

Angus was on BBC Wilts pre match with an update on a few things - main point of note is we are looking at early next year for the ground purchase.

Re-development wise, looking at a roof on the bank and Don Rogers executive boxes to begin with (so I assume a slight capacity reduction).

I look forward to the inevitable ‘I’m losing the seat I’ve had since the stand opened’ rants   Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:26:50 »

I’d imagine a roofed Bank would be similar to Pompey’s away end. Wonder if the idea is to accommodate Town fans there while we redevelop the TE.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:31:23 »

I’d love to see the bank flattened myself, I think it has had its day roof or no roof - but after decades of no investment whatsoever in the CG I shouldn’t moan.

Yeah I’d imagine it would be similar to Pompey’s, Aud.

Dependant on what level we are playing at in the coming years I can’t see it becoming the main away section due to the Arkells bringing in more revenue with the higher ticket price being a main stand. So it will remain an overflow stand with the occasional home use - at least with a roof it’s more kid friendly.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 17:00:27 »

I have never really seen the point in putting a roof on the bank. It is the most neglected and dilapidated part of the ground and needs re-development in my view.

If they do put a roof on, I would also like to see rail seats as well for safe standing
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 17:16:29 »

What about the iconic Rolex Clock ?- I wouldn’t want a roof to obscure that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 17:23:53 »

In theory I like the idea of putting a roof on the bank and giving it a spruce up in the plumbing area as well as a revamp of the entry/exits.

We can get the away fans out of the Arkells stand opening it up for more home fans if needed then without any in stand segregation needed.

A roof and revamp would be a much cheaper alternative than flattening the whole thing, even if its not a long term upgrade but get a few more years out of it.

I would relocate the clock into one of the corners, maybe even attached to one of the floodlight pylons to go on with, that way it could only be in danger of being hit by balls if Luke Norris is playing Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 17:46:39 »

I look forward to the inevitable ‘I’m losing the seat I’ve had since the stand opened’ rants   Wink

I'm almost certainly in that group.  It will need to be handled delicately, as there aren't many seats over the halfway line, so moving someone to an inferior view away from friends will be a hard sell.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 17:48:56 by Pookemon » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 18:01:03 »

But if you put a roof on the Bank, how are we supposed to throw rocks and dog shit from outside into the Oxford fans?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 09:42:48 »

It would be interesting to know what is going on with the training ground, is that dead and buried as it is linked to Power and his horses and he owns the land or is there anything the club is looking into.

If it is dead and buried it will be interesting to know the thoughts on a training ground as wasn't the current training facilities listed as inadequate and causes big problems in the winter months ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: