Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41081 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #465 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 10:49:45 »

Sounds like a shit attempt at a reference to The Office line "the Swindon lot don't respect you"

I really don't think it was. It was just as sneery as they had been throughout the game.

I've listened to quite a lot of opposition comms over the years, and that was the worst example I can remember. They were thoroughly obnoxious from start to finish. Some strange behaviour.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 10:54:35 by Flashheart » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 11:47:56 »

Was great to be back, and to see some familiar faces.

Really sad that the two guys who we have sat next to for the last 10 years were not there. It’s odd that I don’t really know them (only as Barry & Winston) but was hoping to catch up on how they’ve been in the last 18 months. Now fear that one of them may have been on the (totally inaudible in the DRS) Roll call. 😢

As for the game, thought we started brightly but lost our way a bit in the first half.
Improved in the second half just needed a bit more composure in front of goal, probably where a bit more experienced striker would help.

Also good that the crowd were generally supportive and didn’t get on the backs of the players, albeit very quiet in the first half when we were behind.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 12:51:34 »

I really don't think it was. It was just as sneery as they had been throughout the game.

I've listened to quite a lot of opposition comms over the years, and that was the worst example I can remember. They were thoroughly obnoxious from start to finish. Some strange behaviour.

Not really, if you know Carlisle the place.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 18:51:41 »

The bottle top thing is a health & safety thing I believe. I had one in my pocket ready for this situation and simply screwed it on moments after the young girl in the kiosk removed the original. I’m such a rebel.
If they are worrying about health and safety they had better fix the p.a. system in the DRS sharpish, the powers that be would not be too impressed if they knew that we could hear safety announcements!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 19:11:19 »

Well here's my take on yesterday's disappointing result.  Did expect a bit better to be honest but it was fairly obvious we were struggling for pace and legs and we were beaten by a better side on the day.  At times it almost looked like a throw back to the Luke Williams days, but given that they have had so little time to prepare for this season and players are still joining - almost by the day it seems - that is forgiveable.  Getting a couple of strikers in will make a big difference.  Ben G. has got to get the balance of the side right and we will be ok.  I think Carlisle will be around the play-offs next May so no real disgrace to lose to them - we lost 4-0 to them in Wellens first game two years ago I seem to remember so that is an improvement.

Most disappointing and frustrating thing for me was that it took 4 hours on the journey up from Devon and so many drivers still don't have a clue about driving on a motorway - 2.5 back was normal!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 19:39:23 »

Well here's my take on yesterday's disappointing result.  Did expect a bit better to be honest but it was fairly obvious we were struggling for pace and legs and we were beaten by a better side on the day.  At times it almost looked like a throw back to the Luke Williams days, but given that they have had so little time to prepare for this season and players are still joining - almost by the day it seems - that is forgiveable.  Getting a couple of strikers in will make a big difference.  Ben G. has got to get the balance of the side right and we will be ok.  I think Carlisle will be around the play-offs next May so no real disgrace to lose to them - we lost 4-0 to them in Wellens first game two years ago I seem to remember so that is an improvement.

Most disappointing and frustrating thing for me was that it took 4 hours on the journey up from Devon and so many drivers still don't have a clue about driving on a motorway - 2.5 back was normal!
Pretty much spot on. We were never really going to win the game. Men against boys and all that. Carlisle fans, who’ve seen a lot of games in this division for years now, thought we were shit. We have literally nothing to offer up front at the moment. Have we ever had a less potent attack in living memory?
Also had a torturous journey, but back East. M4 weekend closures have been, and will continue to be, a real nightmare for ages and I wonder if some fans will be discouraged from travelling down to the CG.
But what really matters is the joy it was to be all together again and the club will get there in the end. Swindon’till we die!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 19:42:11 »

Yesterday's attendances if anyone is interested

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/20210814

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 19:48:48 »

Yesterday's attendances if anyone is interested

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fixtures/_/date/20210814

They didn’t seem to buy into the ‘first game back after Covid restrictions’ euphoria at St Andrew’s. Shockingly low for an opening day Championship West Midlands derby.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 19:54:01 »

They did mention that last night on Quest that two of the stands were still closed which must have restricted the about of fans inside.
A few strange attendances Thomas Chelsea wasn't sold out and Pompey only had 10,000 where normally they get 18,000+

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 20:05:51 »

yeah, Cheltenham getting 3800 must have delighted them Smiley
Crackity Jones

« Reply #475 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 20:23:09 »

Not read into it but there were some ticketing issues at Pompey which may account for their low crowd. Not sure of any issues accounting for the Pox shit turnout - other than it being the Pox
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 20:46:14 »

Pox is a strange one as Charlton normally take a good thousand away and Gas has a poor one as well.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 20:48:31 by Jimmy Quimm » Logged

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 12:44:51 »

My take on the game was that we probably deserved a draw.  Fluffed our late chances and that proved costly.

No issue with the way Carlisle played...well organised and physical, welcome to L2!

Need a striker i feel to compliment the big Ipswich lad who at times seemed isolated.

Big gate, so usual outcome of a defeat.

I will be there tomorrow night and fingers crossed a better outcome.

A month behind most Clubs at this point....all about catch up but i feel we are better than last seasons shower already!

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 12:48:58 »

My take on the game was that we probably deserved a draw.  Fluffed our late chances and that proved costly.

No issue with the way Carlisle played...well organised and physical, welcome to L2!

Need a striker i feel to compliment the big Ipswich lad who at times seemed isolated.

Big gate, so usual outcome of a defeat.

I will be there tomorrow night and fingers crossed a better outcome.

A month behind most Clubs at this point....all about catch up but i feel we are better than last seasons shower already!

Spot on

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 12:51:51 »

They did mention that last night on Quest that two of the stands were still closed which must have restricted the about of fans inside.
A few strange attendances Thomas Chelsea wasn't sold out and Pompey only had 10,000 where normally they get 18,000+

Chelsea had some sections of the ground closed due to maintenance issues

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: