Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41089 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:54:25 »

Just take in a bottle top with you to use, that’s what I used to many years ago when we did this nonsense so I’ll just do the same again now. More worrying is the absence of Bovril on sale….

#shitgravy

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:14:11 »

Why can't people sit down for 90 minutes without the need to fill themselves full of Coca Cola? Don't get it - like the cinema too.

Anyway really enjoyed today, we played pretty well. Clearly need more up top, and some game time but some real talent on show. Slight concern some league 2 teams will bully us, but we have enough stay up and the signing of the Welsh fella is just amazing. Hope for a good striker or two and we are set for a good season.

Enjoyed it much more than the last home game which was a turgid loss to FGR.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 21:35:27 »

To quote The Flash - ‘not read back’.

Great to be in the CG again after an 18 month absence. Superb tribute to Macca but a shame the roll call was so early….the Don Rogers queue was at the Magic Roundabout at 2.30.

As I said in the MOTM thread, I thought KKH was deservedly sent off but he was our biggest threat by a distance.

Not too down with that result and with the lack of pressure applied I don’t think we were too hard done by. Considering the mess of the summer and short pre season I saw plenty of promise and so long as we don’t continue with a League 1 youth teamer as our only striking option I think we could be in for a good season.

Chippyred

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 23:08:18 »

Great to be back.  Didnt know what to expect, and it was ok. Started nicely with some quick passing. Very patient. Looks like we want to beat the press.  Did it a couple of times with Payne but not enough really.  Balance of team not there for me yet and is obvious players are still building their fitness levels as they go.  Gladwin when fit could be terrific,  felt hes off the pace as yet. Id like to see us more 433 than 4231. When your right back is your best attacking player it shows we need tbose forward additions. Mckirdy needs to be getting the ball in the final 3rd, he seemed to get it on halway and more central.  If we are going to feed the striker we need to cross it, we shot high and wide mostly.  We dont want to leave Simpson isolated which is why i would rather see a front 3 who are closer together.   Another striker with some experience and either move the right back to right forward in a 3 or someone else like a woolery who can actually cross it and well be fine.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 23:10:48 by Chippyred » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 07:26:10 »

We were alright, had the chances to equalise but wasted them, as fitness and familiarity improves, so will decision making and form. All good.

I absolutely love the way Gladwin moves with the ball, it's like he's gliding just above the surface of the pitch.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 07:35:30 »

Those are pretty weird comments from their commentator about the team not believing in / respecting Garner....I wonder what could have prompted him to say that? Even if he's just a complete dick, something must made have him say it...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:05:04 »

Think Wiltshire is the only county in the country where there are no speed cameras turned on isn’t it?

Because a Hero of a Chief constable turned them off, deeming them a money making scheme that did nothing to stop accidents or slow traffic.

They have been turned on in some areas though.

Reading back, can I ask why Hodgetts is the antichrist now?

I listened to the whole match on radio Wiltshire, I don't know why ifollow decided to pick the Carlisle commentary but 5m of it and I couldn't stand so taped the radio in the one spot in the shed I can get signal for Wiltshire. The whole fucking debacle of local radio being unable to broadcast football commentary online is a fucking joke, yet another money first fans second way footballs messed up. I know it's been like it for years but it doesn't make it any better or more excusable.

Was delighted to hear the TE renamed, Al Mac deserves it. Were the queues out of the DRS etc. down to individuals not knowing how the new e tickets work or lack of gates open, or just general weight of people trying to get in?
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:29:52 »

Think the queues might have been problems with people using the e-tickets. Basing this on the fact that the queue moved forward quite quickly (normally) for a bit, then stopped for a minute or two randomly (as people who couldn't get it to work?) were sorted. I printed mine out (which worked fine) as I got an error 'something has gone wrong' when trying to download onto Google Pay
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:32:51 »

Not too disappointed with the result.
Deserved a point from the game at least.
There's more than enough there to stay in the division.
Reassess again once the window has been bolted and latched.

A pity that the PA wasn't working in the DRS so couldn't hear the names of the fallen being read out.
It seemed like a long list.

Good to see some familiar faces again.
A bit shocked to see how much some have aged in less than 18 months.
Not so surprised by one or two cases of weight gain.
The difficult times have taken their toll.

Great crowd and I thought that the support was fantastic.

Also good to see molepar and friends after the game for an impressive post match analysis session. Beers

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:46:47 »

Those are pretty weird comments from their commentator about the team not believing in / respecting Garner....I wonder what could have prompted him to say that? Even if he's just a complete dick, something must made have him say it...
Sounds like a shit attempt at a reference to The Office line "the Swindon lot don't respect you"

Just bad, bad humour.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:48:39 »

Sounds like a shit attempt at a reference to The Office line "the Swindon lot don't respect you"

Just bad, bad humour.

Sent from my CLT-L09
Ah right...yeah that makes sense...
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 08:55:46 »

Just bad, bad humour.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Cheesy That made me laugh

Now, ain't that just like me?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 09:06:15 »

Not too disappointed with the result.
Deserved a point from the game at least.
There's more than enough there to stay in the division.
Reassess again once the window has been bolted and latched.

A pity that the PA wasn't working in the DRS so couldn't hear the names of the fallen being read out.
It seemed like a long list.

Good to see some familiar faces again.
A bit shocked to see how much some have aged in less than 18 months.
Not so surprised by one or two cases of weight gain.
The difficult times have taken their toll.

Great crowd and I thought that the support was fantastic.

Also good to see molepar and friends after the game for an impressive post match analysis session. Beers

Yes great to see Bob for a pint or 2 post match to dissect the match.

Decent crowd, hopefully some newcomers will return..

As people have said we are a striker or two away from a team that can compete at this level.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 09:15:59 »

Superb to see CG near full again. Shame about the result probably deserved a draw. We are a few games from being decent, Reed and Gladwin looked well off the pace. We immediately looked to have far more urgency and potency when Ian Dolo and Parsons came on. KKH and Crichlow mom contenders.  A few weeks extra training and games together and a couple of forward options ( not a swipe at Simpson as I think he will be alright) and we’ll be fine. Agree re shithousery from wannabe Scots. Also liked how my digital season ticket was scanned almost terminator style by young kid at turnstile  just great to be back !
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 09:38:59 »

I enjoyed the game yesterday - overall we deserved a draw.
Carlisle look to be a typical L2 side - big, physical and a goal threat from set pieces. They were also proficient at the tactical foul - there were two or three occasions when Payne was fouled to stop a break and allow them to regroup - this is something referees generally are very lenient on in my view.
Considering we have had a shortened pre season and a lot of very recent arrivals there was plenty to be optimistic about.
Carlisle  were the better team in the 1st half but we improved after half time. Replacing Hunt with Iandolo gave us a better shape and enabled us to get in some good quality crosses from the left. I think Kessler Hayden’s best position may be as a right wing back or wide right midfielder - a real attacking threat, but defensively relies on his pace to overcome some poor initial positioning. An exciting player though. I also thought he was unlucky with his two yellows - from the Arkells it was difficult to see the diving incident, but the position on the pitch made me think diving there wasn’t as likely as (eg) in the box.
The second one was right in front of us and we all felt their bloke dived, and the ref bought the triple roll con trick.
Mcgirdy improved in the second half when he moved central - very predictable when on the wide left. Critchlow looks a good player. We need more up front. Parsons improved things when he came on in that respect.
Looking forward to Tuesday now.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: