Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 41876 times)
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:01:11 »

good thinking Batman,i asked her is it in case we throw them and she said yes,ffs,how far can you throw a plastic bottle top and cause damage?? madness i tell ye,sheer madness...

No one is Innocent...
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:05:32 »

good thinking Batman,i asked her is it in case we throw them and she said yes,ffs,how far can you throw a plastic bottle top and cause damage?? madness i tell ye,sheer madness...

I had my nephew with me who likes to drink his coke during the course of the game, I’ve lost count the number of times he’s knocked it over when he’s left it under his seat and didn’t have a lid on it.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #437 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:09:11 »

Just home. Enjoyed that - despite the result. This side should have enough about them to achieve the stated aim. The centre mid concerned me most today. For large periods of the game, unless Payne moved inside there was nothing there. Gladwin/Reed lack of match fitness?  Simpson needs help up top - I struggled to work out how we were trying to use him. McKirdy frustrated me - clearly has the talent but needs to use his team mates. KKH is way above this level and I also thought iandolo and Parsons did well when they came on. A striker in and a few more games getting up to speed should see us come good.

Full marks to a crap Carlisle side - shithousery of the highest order
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:18:29 »

Special mention to Harry Parsons thought he was fantastic when he came on, don't think heist the ball. 2 up front finally gave the Carisle centre backs something to think about
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:49:30 »

Got home, bought a season ticket. I’m sold.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:49:39 »

They've done this for years.   It's not to stop you throwing a bottle top, it's to stop you throwing a full bottle with it's top on, which is a pretty nasty missile.  No top = drink it quicker or the stuff comes out when you launch it at another fan or player.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:51:20 »

Aside form the many positives I can take, there is one thing I do worry about because I can't see it will improve like the other stuff will with fitness.  Other than Gladwin, nobody in the team can shoot well - he's the only player I'd fancy scoring a penalty as well.  Every other player would have me worried.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:53:51 »

It's quite sad really. I can stop my carbonated drink losing its fizz at other sporting events but I am not to be trusted at an association football match.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:55:40 »

It's quite sad really. I can stop my carbonated drink losing its fizz at other sporting events but I am not to be trusted at an association football match.

With good reason, too many fuckwits attend - not like it was, but you know they are still there.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:04:02 »

Why are you allowed to keep the plastic bottle if it’s a soft drink, but an alcoholic drink has to be poured into a plastic glass from a plastic bottle?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:06:20 »

With good reason, too many fuckwits attend - not like it was, but you know they are still there.

As mentioned above, there is a workaround.  I suppose the most effective strategy would be to decant the beverage into a flimsy plastic cup instead.

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:11:44 »

Just take in a bottle top with you to use, that’s what I used to many years ago when we did this nonsense so I’ll just do the same again now. More worrying is the absence of Bovril on sale….
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:21:20 »

As already mentioned, 90 minutes of shithousery from Carlisle and we played right into their hands. The kind of performance which to be fair most of us expected early on due to most of the players not having a proper pre-season and having hardly played together.

Parsons did better than Gladwin when he came on
Iandolo did better than Hunt when he came on
KKH is our most threatening attacking player at the moment. When he's served his suspension I'd like to see him played further forward with Hunt or Odimayo slotting in at RB
Striker needed desparately...we all know that
McKirdy runs around in circles quite a lot with not much of an end result

Decent attendance and great vocal support. Personally didn't hear any moaning and I was in the Arkells which some say is the worst one.

Alan McLoughlin Town End...nice touch

Disappointed but not downhearted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:24:17 »

the simple answer is save yourself £1.50 and get it from b&m bargains pre match,. or take your own top...

it is indeed a very stupid rule
wisemensay1879

« Reply #449 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:41:34 »

I thought KKH reminded me a lot of Nathan Byrne. I don't think he is a right back but as a right mid or even the right of a front three he could be absolutely frightening.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: