Pages: 1 ... 886 887 888 [889] 890 891 892 ... 905   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1385993 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13320 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:24:57 »

This lot aren’t going anywhere are they.

Nope, I don’t think they are. So the best we can hope for is that we don’t get relegated to the National League
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13321 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:30:32 »

I think Bathford also alluded to the Trust having been met in relation to this ground breaking news.  If that is true, and this is the extent of the "news", then I do hope the Trust said a monumental "so fucking what".
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13322 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:35:51 »

I think Bathford also alluded to the Trust having been met in relation to this ground breaking news.  If that is true, and this is the extent of the "news", then I do hope the Trust said a monumental "so fucking what".

Yep
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #13323 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:37:19 »

Convenient timing with the ST early bird window ending this week.

I’ll watch on with hopeful but sceptical eyes. Even if we brought in a new manager and 5 experienced signings, I’d remain suspicious as to our long term future with this setup. If it’s going to be a rinse and repeat cycle of a token faux gesture of ambition every couple of years when unrest builds up enough that they have to act followed by reverting to seeing how much they can get away with running everything on the cheap then what’s the point?

That’s the trouble they’ve built for themselves now even if they’ve turned a new leaf, every move is going to be met with suspicion and a degree of “what’s the ulterior motive to this”.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13324 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:42:29 »

What the fuck do they know
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13325 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:48:51 »

Well I think the Elton John/Bryan Adams gigs lost money, so that's an improvement.

The type of signings made will be massive. You'd expect them to be experienced as a 'look, we are changing'. We'll see .

Getting a new manager in is a must. We'll see if they retain gunning as assistant and employ kielys dads mate as manager. But the guy gets a chance.

But with trust gone this isn't enough. Same set up, same dodgy blokes, same liar in charge - and best it looks like we can hope for is avoiding getting into a relegation battle without a bit of luck
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13326 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:50:01 »

That’s the trouble they’ve built for themselves now even if they’ve turned a new leaf, every move is going to be met with suspicion and a degree of “what’s the ulterior motive to this”.

Thats my guess as to why they have shut down Comms. They know nobody is going to believe it so they don't see the worth of it. They are wrong of course.

Its too exhausting to hate and doubt everything that's happening. Personally i'm trying to get myself to a point where i know the long term does not look good under Clem and a change of ownership is needed, however in the short term i have to believe they are not deliberately trying to run the club into the ground, and therefore i have to have some hope with the appointments/signings/changes they make going forward. Its a bleak existence to doubt and hate it all, especially for a hobbie!

Big thing for me to be more optimistic short term is if Gunning is gone.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:59:20 by Riddick » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13327 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:10:22 »

To be fair one of the things they asked for was to appoint a first team manager, so I guess they could be ok with that, but if that’s it they should be underwhelmed
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13328 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:16:01 »

If the Trust did meet with him i'm surprised the Trust haven't mentioned that it happened at least.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #13329 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:16:52 »

I’m going to lump all of this into one message as I can’t be bothered to sort it out.

Conversations held with senior managers over the weekend have resulted in the following.

1: ‘New’ Manager to be announced this week.

2: Five, yes five new players to be announced this / next week.

3: Friendly against High Wycombe 3rd August.

4: The concert weekend made a profit.

That’s all for now folks!

Once again, don’t shoot the messenger.  I’m not responsible in anyway for the accuracy of this info.

“New” manager? Gunning or Garner…. thanks for the update. Devastating that it isn’t a sale.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13330 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:24:43 »

Hasn’t Garner already said ‘non’.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #13331 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:29:32 »

If I don’t believe or agree with what I hear, I have the right like you to openly ask questions. Criticising something isn’t necessarily the wrong thing. I hope it help stimulate communication.

All I have done is pass on information received in private. If it is in fact ‘total bollocks’, I will be the first to apologise.

I would just remind you of ref title of this Forum.
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #13332 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:33:02 »

“Passing on information received in private” is at the core of everything that’s wrong with STFC IMO. We have a deeply embedded culture of dishonesty and mistrust. In the know? I don’t think so.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #13333 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:35:08 »

Come on, rumours, truth, bollocks, made up - that’s the very fabric of a forum.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #13334 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 17:40:20 »

Sounds like the News of the World  Cheesy

You just gotta keep livin man!
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 888 [889] 890 891 892 ... 905   Go Up
Print
Jump to: