Pages: 1 ... 885 886 887 [888] 889 890 891 ... 905   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1386032 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13305 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 11:15:35 »

I'm hoping he's here to personally oversee the summer transfer window

Cant wait to see an unfit Harry McKirdy return again then
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13306 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:02:43 »

Announcement next week:
Likely: Extending early bird season ticket deal
Possible: Extending early bird deal and new manager
Unlikely: Clem is selling the club to a multi billionaire who will Clear the debt.
This. I am erring towards the possible option.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #13307 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:15:05 »

Extending the early bird is a must i would think.

Do it at the same time as you appoint a manager, and makes noises about a changed approach, judge us by what happens going forward etc.

I know Clem has lost a lot of the fans, but if he is not selling, its the sort of thing he should be doing. Couple it with a couple of decent looking signings (perms) in June and perhaps things look different.

Long term we wall want Clem to sell, but short term i have to hope that he doesn't want to take the club out of the league.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13308 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:21:06 »

Extending the early bird is a must i would think.

Do it at the same time as you appoint a manager, and makes noises about a changed approach, judge us by what happens going forward etc.

I know Clem has lost a lot of the fans, but if he is not selling, its the sort of thing he should be doing. Couple it with a couple of decent looking signings (perms) in June and perhaps things look different.

Long term we wall want Clem to sell, but short term i have to hope that he doesn't want to take the club out of the league.

I know it's massively unlikely but just say he does announce a new manager & the signing of Dan Kemp, there are lots of people who would see that as a positive sign.

Personally it looks like papering over the cracks, but hopefully it keeps us in the Football League for another year before he does sell up.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #13309 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:23:50 »

With all due respect there is absolutely nothing Clem can say or do to convince me to renew other than sell up. Announcing some random average Joe as manager certainly won’t cut it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13310 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:49:44 »

But, but is it better than Shelbyville?

We'll be playing North Haverbrook in a few years
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13311 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 12:50:22 »

With all due respect there is absolutely nothing Clem can say or do to convince me to renew other than sell up. Announcing some random average Joe as manager certainly won’t cut it.

You don't think they've learned lessons after the last time they said it and proceeded to be even shitter than anyone could ever imagine?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13312 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 13:03:12 »

This man has ‘form’ for all the wrong reasons in business. STFC is just another business. What makes it worse is the, ahem ‘shadowy’ figures lurking in the corridors and darker recesses of our club that can be associated with him and his business dealings. Off and on the pitch.

Remember Diamond Mike? Took a share in STFC ‘for a laugh’ or something like that. Well FWIW firmly believe we’re not only back in those dark days but indeed, the days are actually darker.

The common denominator is these people have or had no real money to invest nor any real need to invest, they’re screwing the club over by just being there and by association the fan base and sponsors, royally. It is clear that many cannot see the problems there are now or envisage those yet to be revealed coming down the line.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13313 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 13:03:50 »

You don't think they've learned lessons after the last time they said it and proceeded to be even shitter than anyone could ever imagine?

Not a Fucking chance.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13314 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 15:27:06 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24348146.swindon-town-season-ticket-holders-renewed/
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #13315 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:08:07 »

I’m going to lump all of this into one message as I can’t be bothered to sort it out.

Conversations held with senior managers over the weekend have resulted in the following.

1: ‘New’ Manager to be announced this week.

2: Five, yes five new players to be announced this / next week.

3: Friendly against High Wycombe 3rd August.

4: The concert weekend made a profit.

That’s all for now folks!

Once again, don’t shoot the messenger.  I’m not responsible in anyway for the accuracy of this info.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13316 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:12:48 »

I'm not shooting you, I believe it all - I mean, lets be honest, it's barely the minimum expected.

1) A Managerless club for months should have sorted itself out by now
2) We don't have very many players, and we seem to be a club that churns them at a rate of knots, so adding multiple is par for the course, it's an issue about where we go shopping though
3) It's only a few weeks until pre season training will get back underway, you'd hope some friendlies were organised
4) I doubt it was a big profit, but you wouldn't run an event to lose money, you would hope!

None of the above changes anything about the course we are ploughing.  It was only back in January that we overhauled the squad and changed Manager, which was only a few months after we did it before, which was only a few months, and so on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13317 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:15:27 »

I will repeat myself, we may get lucky - it happens in sport, but the infrastructure of the business is fucked and the people involved are the reason.  Long term, this isn't a "sustainable" way to run a football club and some of those involved know better, which means it's by choice.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #13318 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:22:02 »

This lot aren’t going anywhere are they.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #13319 on: Monday, May 27, 2024, 16:22:33 »

I’m going to lump all of this into one message as I can’t be bothered to sort it out.

Conversations held with senior managers over the weekend have resulted in the following.

1: ‘New’ Manager to be announced this week.

2: Five, yes five new players to be announced this / next week.

3: Friendly against High Wycombe 3rd August.

4: The concert weekend made a profit.

That’s all for now folks!

Once again, don’t shoot the messenger.  I’m not responsible in anyway for the accuracy of this info.

I’ve gotta be honest, I really don’t get you. Your tune seems to change more any other poster on here, one minute your criticising the owners and the next your relaying messages from cosy chats with the ‘management’.
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 887 [888] 889 890 891 ... 905   Go Up
Print
Jump to: