Pages: 1 ... 860 861 862 [863] 864 865 866 ... 895   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1343970 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12930 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 08:46:57 »

Whether Austin was the right recruit and whether his attitude is what we needed is neither here nor there. The important thing from this interview is confirmation from yet another source that there are too many voices dictating things on and off the pitch, and none of them actually know what they're doing. It's one thing for Clem to have made those mistakes, it's another to continue with the same strategy while the club is, as Charlie says, "on a knife edge".

This.

and i suspect it isn't just because they're Clems mates. Its because they have a real interest in finances of the club and always have (even before the share transfer for Chris Keily.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12931 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 08:56:59 »

Great interview.

Frustrating that another opportunity to confirm that Michael Standing or Chris Kiely (which is it?) as the “ultimate football guy” has been passed up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12932 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:01:10 »

I bet Adam Hart is one sticking his beak in as well. Trains boxers so probably fancies himself as knowing football.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12933 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:06:43 »

I bet Adam Hart is one sticking his beak in as well. Trains boxers so probably fancies himself as knowing football.

Why else would he be at the fans forum?!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #12934 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:12:00 »

One thing is for sure - we now have a spark, out of the slumber of this season.

For any of this to be productive, we need a buyer out in the open. I can’t see Morfuni going without severe pressure.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12935 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:36:48 »

My gut is that Clem will go into "circle the wagons" mode over all of this, similar to the Reading owner and Blackpool before that.  My feeling is that things will get a lot worse before Clem is convinced to do anything significantly different to how he has acted ove the past 12 months or so.

The big questions are, where will the club sit when that happens and will the club be beyond repair by that point.  At least things are finally at a head, but i still think we are a way off from this boil of a club being actually being popped.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12936 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:44:15 »

My gut is that Clem will go into "circle the wagons" mode over all of this, similar to the Reading owner and Blackpool before that.
That would be typical of the gutless twat. Tell the fucking truth mate, sell up and get the hell out of Dodge and take ALL your scummy mates with you.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #12937 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:54:25 »

Say worst case scenario. Clem ignores everything and carries on, last year £1m loss with 4.5k season ticket holders and 3rd highest crowd in the league.

What happens next season with 1k season ticket holders, reduced hospitality and sponsorship and attendances down, surely the playing budget can't go too much lower and we have trimmed all the staff we can. So what happens? More millions to plug the gap out of spite whilst the club valuation continues to drop? It is not in his financial interest (or whoever is funding) to carry on surely?

I think the more pressing issue would be is it even possible to get a new owner, carry out due diligence and build a new squad with management in one summer? The clock is ticking.

I guess we look back at the previous years when we had no players, presumed relegation and a fighting fan mentality and it almost got us to the playoffs.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12938 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 09:59:16 »

My prediction is Clem will bury his head in the sand for a bit and then try to sell to someone connected with Chris Keily / Adam Hart / Michael Standing / Zav Austin mob of gangsters, crooks, gypsies, tramps and thieves. It'll be down to The Trust to see if they can do anything about this knowing other parties are in the background.

We'll continue on a downward spiral. Relegation likely.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12939 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 10:01:52 »

One thing is for sure - we now have a spark, out of the slumber of this season.

For any of this to be productive, we need a buyer out in the open. I can’t see Morfuni going without severe pressure.

Unless there's actual stock in the heavily-rumoured discussions of a potential sale?

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12940 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 10:13:38 »

Am I right in thinking that if Clem turn his loans into equity, he'd be able to dilute Kiely and Parladorio's shareholdings?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12941 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 10:52:01 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/an-update-from-clem-morfuni

Club statement, get the popcorn!

Edit: oh, it's a really dull holding statement. We're reviewing everything, and will tell you about it later, probably.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 10:54:21 by Nemo » Logged
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #12942 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 10:53:34 »

A load of waffle, exactly as expected.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12943 on: Thursday, May 16, 2024, 10:56:09 »

No season ticket push?  

I wonder what they don't agree with?  Cheesy