Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122755 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3780 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 08:02:06 »

The mental thing is that Black hired that diplomat to come in and find the right buyer.....and he somehow found Jed.

I dread to think what he is like at his day job.

Like hiring Fred West to lay your patio.

We have had shite owners that feels like eternity.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #3781 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 08:04:43 »

Listening to the latest Price of Football podcast, Jed's name came up twice, linked with the shenanigans of the outgoing owner of Yeovil, and a second club, West Brom I think it was... We were lucky to escape their sticky little mitts, but was a 'out of the frying pan...' with Power, I guess.
I didn't know Jed was involved at Yeovil! Their fans were certainly glad to see the back of the last owner.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3782 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 08:06:59 »

The host has been alluding to things he couldn't say publicly for a while now, as the deal has gone through now he said that some people had seen paperwork indicating there was a deal in place for the stadium to be sold and plans for a hotel, housing and other bits and bobs in place for Huish Park.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3783 on: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 08:17:47 »

Can definitely confirm Clem is in this for the long haul and not trying to sell the club..

I’d optimistically hoped the exodus of staff was strategic, rather than a case of…. an unplanned exodus of staff.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3784 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:03:57 »

Will the proposed government changes to visas for student’s families have an impact on Zav’s Pakistan ‘jaunt’.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3785 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:32:51 »

Will the proposed government changes to visas for student’s families have an impact on Zav’s Pakistan ‘jaunt’.
That rather depends on whether that is actually the nefarious function of said 'jaunt', it seems to be a speculation that has become 'fact'?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3786 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:42:44 »

Not very clear from the news articles on it. They are talking about postgraduates.

Suspect it won't affect those younger coming over on a football scholarship

« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:47:45 by Batch » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3787 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:47:13 »

Just wondering if the definition of ‘student’ would cover any young fella that might come over from Karachi.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3788 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 17:54:36 »

Or Gal😆

So, give no fucks
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #3789 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 22:16:05 »

Gadot? Yes please.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #3790 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 10:55:05 »

Jody Morris has been on Sky this morning, spoke very briefly about Swindon. Mentioned in future jobs he'll ask more questions about what is going on behind the scenes and check who is actually running the club. Very vague and is probably trying to cover himself, but didn't sound brilliant.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #3791 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 10:57:35 »

Jody Morris has been on Sky this morning, spoke very briefly about Swindon. Mentioned in future jobs he'll ask more questions about what is going on behind the scenes and check who is actually running the club. Very vague and is probably trying to cover himself, but didn't sound brilliant.

I suspect if he’s looking for the perfect club he won’t find it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3792 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:12:52 »

The thing is, whilst Clem owns it he's not here most of the time so who is making the day to day decisions.

Was it Rob, Sandro, Zav or is there someone else?

TBF I don't think most of us really know.

As for Morris, he appeared to be a bit out of his depth so does have to deflect criticism
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3793 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:16:48 »

Wonder if he thought it was Sandro. It's a bit of an odd comment. I think he is trying to suggest he was sold a bit of a pup. Yesterday's chip paper now however.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #3794 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 11:20:20 »

Agreed, not good but we are hardly Oldham with that crazy Chairman in charge are we.

Welcome to the lower league Jody....I would stick with what you know best, you are good at that.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: