Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123278 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 13:05:29 »

And yet he still gets occasional pelters. Unless there’s instant success on the pitch he’s a fraud and we’re heading for oblivion.

Football fans, eh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 13:09:12 »

it's good to get some exposure and a flavour of the shit we were in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 13:12:13 »

Same age as me  Smiley
Never pulled a pint?  Huh?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 17:45:46 »

Ha even a feel good post in Australia has fans picking the bones out of it. It's madness these days

Not 4 but there was no way the Trust and Official supporters club got on that well before.   
Well yeah... just making a few observations if that's OK with you... the writer blatantly made several things up when he didn't need to...but let's ignore that shall we?? And to be fair, I did say it was an interesting article...did you read that bit?

DMC

« Reply #2164 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 17:51:33 »

Well yeah... just making a few observations if that's OK with you... the writer blatantly made several things up when he didn't need to...but let's ignore that shall we?? And to be fair, I did say it was an interesting article...did you read that bit?

Genuinely wasn't on about you sorry OST I was referring to the facebook idiots
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 18:05:05 »

Genuinely wasn't on about you sorry OST I was referring to the facebook idiots
Fair enough mate👍😉
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 19:34:34 »

No idea where to put this.

When we replaced our floodlights in 2018, the new ones are LED right?

Just wondering.

With a few clubs trialling early kick off I wonder where the cost saving is expected to come from.

I was suprised how cheap LED are to run. We are probably talking circa £100 or even less if my maths and research is right.

There's obviously no indication Swindon are going down this route.

Surely everything else is pretty much constant in energy terms. Legend's, hospitality, concourse, changing rooms - all have to be lit whatever.

I must be missing something
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 05:01:42 »

No idea where to put this.

When we replaced our floodlights in 2018, the new ones are LED right?

Just wondering.

With a few clubs trialling early kick off I wonder where the cost saving is expected to come from.

I was suprised how cheap LED are to run. We are probably talking circa £100 or even less if my maths and research is right.

There's obviously no indication Swindon are going down this route.

Surely everything else is pretty much constant in energy terms. Legend's, hospitality, concourse, changing rooms - all have to be lit whatever.

I must be missing something

Well should the club decide to go for early kick offs, that is me done with my ST. I cannot possibly take half a day off without pay on a Saturday. As it is I lose 2 1/2 hours money just to get to a 3pm kick off. Add in the ST. Add in the fuel as I work out of town, would just make it unviable.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2168 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 05:27:44 »

I can't see it being commercially viable.   Even just thinking about Corporate tickets, who wants a 3 course sit down meal at 10.00 in the morning?  Not forgetting lost bar sales and harder for away fans to attend.

I think you could watch on Ifollow too (legally) which will lose a few in the ground but may gain a few who can't normally go.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 05:32:41 by Pookemon » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 06:04:17 »

Well should the club decide to go for early kick offs, that is me done with my ST. I cannot possibly take half a day off without pay on a Saturday. As it is I lose 2 1/2 hours money just to get to a 3pm kick off. Add in the ST. Add in the fuel as I work out of town, would just make it unviable.

Yeah I get that. I've not seen anywhere that says Swindon is even thinking about it though.

Just trying to make commercial sense of those that are.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 06:57:24 »

Yeah I get that. I've not seen anywhere that says Swindon is even thinking about it though.

Just trying to make commercial sense of those that are.
That's my point I just can't see how it is for any league club.   Lower down the food chain it's a no brainer though so there inevitably is a tipping point. 
DMC

« Reply #2171 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 08:41:58 »

Hearing the debentures should be sorted very soon too which if i am right makes us debt free apart from the interest free FL grant. Some achievement if that is the case
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 09:08:42 »

If early kick offs were introduced over the winter surely they could start at 1:30 as opposed to midday.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2173 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 09:15:01 »

Hearing the debentures should be sorted very soon too which if i am right makes us debt free apart from the interest free FL grant. Some achievement if that is the case
Thats great news and opens up the brighter future of the club long term.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #2174 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 09:25:33 »

Are these the same debentures that Power was charging the club £14,000 a month interest which previous owners charged nothing for ?
We have certainly moved on a long way since those days.  Smiley

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: