Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122651 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1740 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 20:41:04 »

Is he part of the club now though?

I will say it again - if you know something, why don’t you say it? You are constantly hinting that you do.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1741 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 20:50:51 »

Well I was trying to leave the *ahem* question up for interpretation  Wink

Edit: Which has been glossed over and ignored.

Why do I feel like the Trust has become more of a sort of "yes man" to the club? Just a hunch, don't slaughter me for it but it seems all rather nodding of heads and all is rosy when it really isn't.

The club (and Trust) can't expect us to just roll over when a statement is made (as nice as that is) and accept everything that is said. There has been this lingering vibe about the club since Clem (and possible A N Other(s) ) took over that they are the only ones going through tough financial situations. Well hell-to the fucking-o, just about every human has felt the impact of the last couple of years (and continue to do so). Did they forget that when shamelessly pleading with folk to defer season ticket refunds? When they didn't they put a pressing vibe across that made those people feel guilty for not doing so - dug their heels in when issuing said refunds and had more stalls than the Royal Albert Hall. Like for fuck sake. Fans have still come out in numbers and yet STFC have still been quite cunty about things like this.

Contrasting STFC quotes that follow mean is it any wonder folk still are concerned:

"You need to do your bit to help turn it around" (granted but don't guilt trip your core support)
"We can pay £7m to cover all debts" (Well... Unsure )
"We're asking fans to defer ST refunds - we'll give you the equivalent discount of a roll of PTFE tape from Clem's Overstocks"*
"You've got your Club back" (hmm, have we?!)

Some people can just see through stuff and anyone buying this club should be aware that STFC fans whilst loyal to their club will not put up with another owner that puts them through a load more shite; more importantly so - they can see when things aren't quite "right" due to years of mismanagement/poor ownership.

Anyway, I agree with Sir Batchio though that this should maybe wait until after the POs but the Trust shouldn't be continually defending the club every time someone asks a pressing question, just because one of their main buddies now happens to be CEO - otherwise your role as Trust becomes rather pointless; a bit like those Tick Box Advisory Board Meetings...

*The second part of this was made up. It's actually 3 rolls  Cheesy

I can assure you we hold the club and CM to account having attended many of the AB meetings I can confirm many times we have disagreed , argued and given the club feedback not in line with what the club want to do, certainly no nodding yes by default as you describe. I have actual real experience and evidence of this so perhaps back up your claim ??

I can also assure you the AB is not a tick box exercise,  half of the really positive changes made would not have occured without this vehicle which is always very open, honest and certainly not the Trust or OSC just nodding in agreement! There is alot of great work done through the AB and lots of hard work completed by both the Trust and OSC. I would not regularly take time off my day job to attend and contribute if it was a waste of time box ticking exercise. What would be the point?

There is alot being made that things are not quite as they seem, its simply not true.
Yes an ex trust board member is CEO but would you rather have an intelligent and successful passionate swindon fan running our football club who cares desperately that our club improves on and off the pitch, than just another money man CEO who is driven by spreadsheets and no attachment or genuine love of the club?

Things are never perfect and yes mistakes have been made and the club have learnt from these and perhaps they may have done some things differently , but I would 1000% rather have what we have now than what we have had previously.  I genuingly know and feel Clem and Rob etc have the best interests of STFC in what they do, I have seen it at first hand many times, they might not always get it right but what human being can state they always get everything right.

I think if people have evidence to prove their general negativity and a general what appears to be unhealthy undertone to some of these unevidenced comments please share with us and we will assess it. If you dont then just get behind the club and let's get promotion and stop this silliness which is stated but not ever evidenced?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1742 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 21:47:06 »

100%, well said. And given the suggestions on here about Austin’s role being more significant than it has been presented in public, a relief to hear. Thanks to the Trust and OSC for the work they’re doing. We’d have zero insight if it wasn’t for them.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 21:50:24 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1743 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 22:26:44 »

Is he part of the club now though?

I have sent a large bag of shit with a ladle that you can stir it to your heart's content.

Noone can prove definitively that anyone isn't involved so we all might be, unless there is evidence that we already are.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 23:00:09 by Pookemon » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1744 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 06:45:24 »

I have sent a large bag of shit with a ladle that you can stir it to your heart's content.

Noone can prove definitively that anyone isn't involved so we all might be, unless there is evidence that we already are.

Nothing to stir only concerns.
All about on the pitch matters. A case of waiting to see what unfolds in the Court.

All we want is transparency and stability at Swindon afterall.
The feel good factor has returned and it’s a million miles from where we were.

All about the play offs.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1745 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 07:23:53 »

The PSC register on companies house is clear that Clem is the ultimate controlling party.

Swindon Town Football Company Limited is owned by Seebeck 87 Limited, which is owned by Swinton Reds 20 Limited, which is owned by Axis Football Investments Limited, which is owned by Clem Morfuni.

It's a mess of holding companies but the ownership is fairly clear.

However, whether anyone has a loan outstanding against any of those companies is not clear. But that's a different matter.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1746 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 07:49:27 »

Things have gone a bit fuzzy for me.

What’s the deal with the Power/Standing case? S says P owes him circa £6m which is what he purported to have put into the club (under the radar). With the club now being legally sold to Clem is Standing trying to get his money back personally from P?

The club was bought for £212,500 off P - te he - how else will S get his money back?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1747 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 08:00:45 »

Just waiting for this lass to give us her thoughts....

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1748 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 08:01:23 »

Ah, Mystic Smeg
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1749 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 08:04:22 »

Things have gone a bit fuzzy for me.

What’s the deal with the Power/Standing case? S says P owes him circa £6m which is what he purported to have put into the club (under the radar). With the club now being legally sold to Clem is Standing trying to get his money back personally from P?

The club was bought for £212,500 off P - te he - how else will S get his money back?

Thing is there was an injunction to stop Power selling to Able without Standings say so,now either that was waived for the sale to Clem, which suggests some sort of agreement between Clem and Standing or alternatively did it not apply as Clem was an existing shareholder in the company and thus a sale of shares to him was essentially an internal reallocation of shares beyond the extent of the injunction?

One could note that all those griping at the Trust from the sidelines are quite able (no pun intended) to put themselves forward to get involved (and give up the time required) and then they can influence what is happening.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1750 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 08:30:36 »

The Trust is US (members) not 'them'. The *elected* officials work hard on our behalf and don't get paid!

After Power there is going to be residual worry and questions. Especially when characters of dubious past are close.

Questioning is just that. Nothing more.

if the Trust hierarchy knew of XA involvement, have done due diligence, checked out kerachi, etc and are happy with what they found then that's all they can do

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1751 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 08:54:08 »

When are the FA going to make a decision on our ‘ownership’ problem under Power?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1752 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 09:12:44 »

When are the FA going to make a decision on our ‘ownership’ problem under Power?

One would assume before the start of next season at the very latest, I cannot remember how long it took them last time to see us promoted via the play offs and then fuck us over?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1753 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 09:30:37 »

Hadn't it been established that wasn't allowed? Or is he no longer an agent?
Standing resigned as an agent at the end of last season. FWIW.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1754 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 09:31:14 »

One would assume before the start of next season at the very latest, I cannot remember how long it took them last time to see us promoted via the play offs and then fuck us over?

10 days, i remember it well.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: