Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123777 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 20:49:34 »

Thanks, I know I have seen the character but Dangermouse was not one of my tv interests but thanks anyway.

I know we agree on pretty much nothing except the natural superiority of the mighty STFC, but this is going too far. To be so dismissive of Terry Scott's finest hour.

Really......you're just dead to me from now on.....

..never go back.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 20:56:43 »

I know we agree on pretty much nothing except the natural superiority of the mighty STFC, but this is going too far. To be so dismissive of Terry Scott's finest hour.

Thank fuck for that 😉 one less Christmas and birthday present to buy.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 01:12:06 »

*Grits toady teeth*

BG: I'll get you next time...DANGERR MOUSE!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who knew Ben Garner was the arch villain of our favourite cartoon mau5 (after that little cunt Jerry)!?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 09:37:14 »

I was a huge Dangermouse fan as a kid. You could imagine my joy turn to misery when I turned on the TV to watch and the Scottish fuckers would show the gaelic version 'Donnie Murdo'. They did the same with Fireman Sam - 'Sam Smalaidh'

edit - dunno why the video isn't working but if you can be arsed putting 'Donnie Murdo' into Youtube you'll get the theme tune dubbed into gaelic.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 09:39:23 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 18:55:40 »

The potential sale of the County Ground is being heard next Wednesday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 07:44:24 »

Supposedly, this is the timeframe

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 09:31:31 »

At least someone at the Council has a sense of humour, albeit if they were a proper Town fan they would have released this on a Friday!

https://twitter.com/SwindonCouncil/status/1501270847381721089

So the agreed sale price is a cool £2.3m (plus VAT)

Supposedly, this is the timeframe

Bloody hell £1m on the Stratton Bank isn't going to go far!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 09:33:39 »

Luckily we know a plumber who'll do it on the cheap.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 09:37:08 »

Some interesting snippets:

'It is proposed that funds for the stadium purchase will be supplied to the JV by the Trustees of the late Nigel Eady, who was a lifelong supporter of STFC and left a substantial trust fund to benefit the Club. The process of transferring the required funding is understood to be complicated. In the event that for any reason the funding is not made available by the Trustees, the funding will be provided by the Club and guaranteed by the Club Chairman.'

'The Council would have the option to buy back the freehold in the event that the JV had not commenced the Stadium Development Plan 3 years from the JV acquiring the freehold. This would require confirmation of funding for the whole Stratton Bank redevelopment, placing of the works contract and commencement of work on site has all been achieved to confirm that redevelopment has commenced. On the basis that one of the benefits to the Council in considering a sale of the freehold is the opportunity for funding to be generated for improvements, it is considered reasonable that if improvements don’t take place, the Council can re-acquire the site for the sale price, or the market value at the time, whichever is the lower. Additionally the Council would have the first opportunity to buy back the freehold if the JV wanted to dispose of its interest at a future date.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 09:45:09 »

Is the hotel/conference centre going to be incorporated 'in' the Town End development?
Should be quite a meaty stand I that's the case. Does the ground purchase include the car park?
The Stratton Bank million must be for a new crapper and a bolt on roof, stick the away fans.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19979260.swindon-town-reveal-plan-22-5m-redevelopment-county-ground/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 09:57:31 by 4D » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 09:55:40 »

No plans to redevelop the Arkells though
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 10:07:18 »

Be nice to see an artists impression.

Don’t know how much of the £20m on a new TE will go towards the actual stand. I think at present the build cost is approx £3k per seat. So say, £15m would  equate to a 5,000-seater stand.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 10:10:05 »

No plans to redevelop the Arkells though

Well not in the next 5 years anyway - I would expect that would be the next steps.  I guess they can't redevelop the current conferencing facilities until the new conference facilities are available..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 10:30:55 »

Is the hotel/conference centre going to be incorporated 'in' the Town End development?
Should be quite a meaty stand I that's the case. Does the ground purchase include the car park?
The Stratton Bank million must be for a new crapper and a bolt on roof, stick the away fans.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19979260.swindon-town-reveal-plan-22-5m-redevelopment-county-ground/

If you look on here Agenda item 12 has the committee report and a plan showing what is being bought (opens as a PDF) http://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=285&MId=10465&Ver=4

Also includes all the land between the back of the DRS and the road, not sure if that could be built upon, does it have some sort of open land designation (No idea just OTTOMH).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 10:43:23 »

So the lot includes the land right up to the Magic Roundabout. Good stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: