Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 827   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1174254 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:28:56 »

Who is it? Familiar but not 100% sure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1501 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:29:36 »

Always brings this chap to mind.

Si barone!

I get the feeling that the Able case just may end up being dropped. We can only hope for the good of the club that the case is a flimsy as we hope and by using a top draw legal firm to challenge and defend the case they will quietly drop this. How many times has this been put back now?
Thats my thoughts too, maybe if Able actually came forward and were open about who they are then it may be taken more seriously, as it stands I am 100% certain its just another incarnation of Lee Power Enterprises.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:30:51 »

Who is it? Familiar but not 100% sure.

Baron Silas Greenback  (Dangermous)
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:32:55 »

Baron Silas Greenback  (Dangermous)

Thanks, I know I have seen the character but Dangermouse was not one of my tv interests but thanks anyway.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:47:11 »

Thats my thoughts too, maybe if Able actually came forward and were open about who they are then it may be taken more seriously, as it stands I am 100% certain its just another incarnation of Lee Power Enterprises.

The issue is going to be how much of our legal costs can be claimed back if the Able claim is knocked back, otherwise at the rates top QC's charge it could end up cheaper to settle than fight!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 10:54:23 »

The issue is going to be how much of our legal costs can be claimed back if the Able claim is knocked back, otherwise at the rates top QC's charge it could end up cheaper to settle than fight!

That is a worry, however, maybe the club are uber confident of a victory and would rather spend £100-300k on legal fees to make a point rather than roll over and pay it which I would assume could be seen as an admission of guilt (Prince Andrew) and anyway they’re paying legal costs for the claim against us. A war of attrition if you will?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1506 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11:01:34 »

Not sure Power has the funds to fight it legally, if he loses then he won't be able to afford to pay fees and costs, sucha s hame if that were to happen. Couldnt happen to a nicer bloke.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11:21:07 »

I understand that the parties' costs have been budgeted. Costs budgeting usually applies to these types of cases.

If the court makes a costs order, the receiving party should get most of their costs (assuming the paying party has the means to pay).

EDIT: I have twigged that the debate relates to the winder, rather than the Power ats Standing litigation.  If the petition is dismissed, the debtor should have an order for costs.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11:24:32 by JBZ » Logged

Nothing to see here
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11:27:13 »

I get the feeling that the Able case just may end up being dropped. We can only hope for the good of the club that the case is as flimsy as we hope and by using a top draw legal firm to challenge and defend the case they will quietly drop this. How many times has this been put back now?

As I understand it, the reasons why the hearing of the petition has been "put back" are not known.  Adjournments can happen for a number of reasons, often unrelated to the substantive merits of a case.

Nothing to see here
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1509 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11:42:22 »

Able suggested the money they lent the club pre purchase was a loan, that's not the clubs understanding. Clubs legal fees are ramping up on this issue as well as other legal cases, you have to ask yourself whether you keep fighting and ramp up more legal costs or you cut your loses on these court cases..

Lots of talk of Able, Why might you think Able may not want to come forward and be open and have been shaded in mystery and who are backing Able.. Huh? I think you will find Able to be a group mostly of UK individuals known to the club very well (or at least 2 of them are), plus a few ex business partners of one of the people known well to the club what might have been involved with a failed football programme business some years back, with an agreement with someone from the US who is the mystery face of Able, not that we have ever heard or seen that face.
Also AC sports has been mentioned too as a name of the business, well take the letters of that and apply to one of the people rumored to be involved in the club behind the scenes over the last few years and that's 1 of the ex club folk behind able..

The question has to be though why would they do this and form Able to buy the club all done in a very stealth manner.. maybe they wanted to buy the club out of admin to get it on the cheap and rid themselves of some of the debts.. not sure we will ever know the full details..

I see the court case disappearing soon, key will be legal costs v actually being worth the effort and costs of regaining their rumored "loan"..

Anyway all very odd..
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11:51:07 »

It can often be the case that the costs of the proceedings become the main driver. 

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 12:04:05 »

Presume if verdict goes in the club’s favour legal costs would be paid by the losing party, i.e. Power.

I think we all knew Able was a Trojan Horse set up designed, no doubt, to rid the club of Standing’s debt by means of going into admin.

It was so satisfying to see the fat slug getting peanuts from the club sale.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1512 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 19:20:36 »

Able suggested the money they lent the club pre purchase was a loan, that's not the clubs understanding. Clubs legal fees are ramping up on this issue as well as other legal cases, you have to ask yourself whether you keep fighting and ramp up more legal costs or you cut your loses on these court cases..

Lots of talk of Able, Why might you think Able may not want to come forward and be open and have been shaded in mystery and who are backing Able.. Huh? I think you will find Able to be a group mostly of UK individuals known to the club very well (or at least 2 of them are), plus a few ex business partners of one of the people known well to the club what might have been involved with a failed football programme business some years back, with an agreement with someone from the US who is the mystery face of Able, not that we have ever heard or seen that face.
Also AC sports has been mentioned too as a name of the business, well take the letters of that and apply to one of the people rumored to be involved in the club behind the scenes over the last few years and that's 1 of the ex club folk behind able..

The question has to be though why would they do this and form Able to buy the club all done in a very stealth manner.. maybe they wanted to buy the club out of admin to get it on the cheap and rid themselves of some of the debts.. not sure we will ever know the full details..

I see the court case disappearing soon, key will be legal costs v actually being worth the effort and costs of regaining their rumored "loan"..

Anyway all very odd..
Isn't power on record in court also saying it was non-refundable
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1513 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 19:26:35 »

I'm sure he is.

I'm not sure it's worth much in terms of defending the case. But JBZ would know
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1514 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 20:43:39 »

I'm sure he is.

I'm not sure it's worth much in terms of defending the case. But JBZ would know

I am not sure that Power has given oral/written evidence on behalf of the petitioner but I don't know any of the detail.

I note that the Evening Advertiser state in a recent article:-

"But representing Swindon Town Football Company Ltd, the company behind the club, at the hearing, Jessica Powers said there was evidence that the loan agreement was varied and the money was repaid to a petitioner who attempted to purchase the club."

This suggests there was a loan, the terms of which changed at some point and this was repaid. 

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 ... 827   Go Up
Print
Jump to: