Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122836 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:24:48 »

Incidentally, my friend (genuinly!) that requested a refund on last seasons ST got an email yesterday regarding refunds, really re-presenting the question - are you sure you want a refund?

Wasn't sure if this was a sign of prudent control of liabilities, or whether more people requested a refund than predicted.

No judgements or anything from me - has the refund % been stated anywhere?

When were people able to request refunds, was it under Power? If so I imagine its a case of 'you wanted to get your money off the baddies, do you still want to get it back off us as we are the goodies' (not Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden, and Bill Oddie)?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:30:53 »

When were people able to request refunds, was it under Power? If so I imagine its a case of 'you wanted to get your money off the baddies, do you still want to get it back off us as we are the goodies' (not Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden, and Bill Oddie)?

No it was after the takeover, and they did say it may be January before they got to look at it.

Email from club
Thank you for query and we note your request for a refund or credit. 

We are asking everyone to reconsider their request for a refund or credit as the cost of providing such refunds and credits has a significant impact on the financial situation of the Club, which, as you know, is not in the best of places given the significant debts that the previous ownership left the Club in.

We are working through £4m of historic debts and whilst Clem has invested over £1m to help manage this position, he can't rebuild our Club all on his own and we need every supporter where they can to do their bit by waiving refunds and credits and attending again to support our Club and be part of the rebuild which will take the Club forwards and upwards.

We do hope you are able to reconsider your refund or credit request to help rebuild our Club and we will be working with the Supporters Trust and Supporters Club to recognise those fans who have waived refunds and credits which really helps ensure we continue to have our football club to support.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 15:15:22 »

But gross, that

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 15:35:28 »

If there are holdouts for refunds then the club should just bite the bullet and stump up and not try to browbeat if people still insist.
I suspect that some of the affected will have had enough battling for refunds for cancelled journeys, holidays, flights etc.
Technically they are entitled to the refunds. In that respect STFC should be no different from any other business.
It's fortunate that 3,000 plus customers have chosen to exercise a degree of good will.

Progressing to the latter stages of the not so pointless now trophy or rolling up for a televised game short of first teamers might help to cover the potential cost.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 15:46:47 »

I actually think it's pretty insensitive of the new regime to push this point. It's not like STFC is the only place where people have experienced financial hardship in the last year, and ST holders got precious little for their money last season. Clem might not want to have to keep plugging the holes, but it would behove the new, sensitive, community club to show a bit more understanding for the difficulties people have experienced and are set to face over the coming winter, without trying to make them feel guilty about claiming their due.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 16:13:24 »

The application of credit & refunds, home & away, for the curtailed ppg season looks to have gone under the carpet. Old regime I know, but the questions were still asked and assurances made at the time.

Over £60 out of pocket on 3 away tickets.
Not a problem.
It's mainly been a case of unrequited love over the years anyway.
I bet the cunts from Ryanair or EasyJet or Booking.com would love to own a football club.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 16:50:02 »

No it was after the takeover, and they did say it may be January before they got to look at it.

Email from club
Thank you for query and we note your request for a refund or credit. 

We are asking everyone to reconsider their request for a refund or credit as the cost of providing such refunds and credits has a significant impact on the financial situation of the Club, which, as you know, is not in the best of places given the significant debts that the previous ownership left the Club in.

We are working through £4m of historic debts and whilst Clem has invested over £1m to help manage this position, he can't rebuild our Club all on his own and we need every supporter where they can to do their bit by waiving refunds and credits and attending again to support our Club and be part of the rebuild which will take the Club forwards and upwards.

We do hope you are able to reconsider your refund or credit request to help rebuild our Club and we will be working with the Supporters Trust and Supporters Club to recognise those fans who have waived refunds and credits which really helps ensure we continue to have our football club to support.
Pretty poor that, some people genuinely need the money and trying to again guilt trip them into forfeiting the refund is a bit low. Not sure whether this means things are worst behind the scenes than we think or they are just chancing their arm.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 17:56:46 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road
I heard it was around 200 people

wow, that's very low if so. I realise every penny counts for the club, but I was thinking it would be 1000+
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:00:01 »

also, isn't there a bit at the end of that email that says something like 'if you still want a refund we'll be in touch to work out a solution that suits you and the club'

that's the bit I frowned at, but I don't have the email so take it with a pinch of salt
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:03:46 »

Pretty poor that, some people genuinely need the money and trying to again guilt trip them into forfeiting the refund is a bit low. Not sure whether this means things are worst behind the scenes than we think or they are just chancing their arm.

The club was in a terrible state and worse than expected when they took over.
Debts far higher than planned for.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:22:04 »

The club was in a terrible state and worse than expected when they took over.
Debts far higher than planned for.
Still a pretty poor, you don’t half heartedly offer a refund that is already a pretty bad deal for supporters and then try again to wriggle out of it when people dare to take up the offer.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:38:25 »

Especially when the amount we’ll be talking in total will be minor in terms of the clubs overall debts

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:42:52 »

@duke ^^^^ I guess that's not a massive suprised, concerning though
« Last Edit: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:45:06 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:52:19 »

Actually it was this that got me, as if a refund isn't a given:

"If after considering this message you still wish to request a refund or credit then we will work through each request to try and find a resolution that works for you and our Football Club"

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:03:59 »

Especially when the amount we’ll be talking in total will be minor in terms of the clubs overall debts

Maybe the owners are not as rich as you would like to think they are.
Not saying this makes it right though.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: