Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122601 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:39:05 »

Its worth having a read through all the minutes etc as shows just how much has been done, and how much needs to be done.

Pleasingly, albeit I imagine he isn't doing it for the love and won't be coming cheap, Eddie Parladorio seems a very senior and clued up guy!

he does - FYI there is a thread about this now Horlock Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:41:08 »

I was about to post something similar. It sounds like there is £200k potentially owed to McGreal, Gilmartin, Curran and Jewell and £100k of a loan from 'able'. Hopefully the lawyer we have on the panel will be able to deal with those costs. My eyes shot out of their sockets when I saw Curran included in that claim!
Thought they all resigned. Fuck ‘em!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1022 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:44:08 »

I was about to post something similar. It sounds like there is £200k potentially owed to McGreal, Gilmartin, Curran and Jewell and £100k of a loan from 'able'. Hopefully the lawyer we have on the panel will be able to deal with those costs. My eyes shot out of their sockets when I saw Curran included in that claim!
I can understand the surprise but TBH Curran had 2 years left on his 3 year contract, I am sure he would have got a decent wage of say £1,000 per week due to his fathers subsidising the club so 2 years at £50k per year then he will be paid up around £100k, even if he was only on £500pw thats still a £50k buyout of his contract.

Thought they all resigned. Fuck ‘em!
Football contacts are a law unto themselves. Often when a manager resigns the club pay the remainder of his contract up in full. Why this has always happened I have no idea, its rare that a manager leaves and all wage ties are severed instantly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:45:42 »

I can understand the surprise but TBH Curran had 2 years left on his 3 year contract, I am sure he would have got a decent wage of say £1,000 per week due to his fathers subsidising the club so 2 years at £50k per year then he will be paid up around £100k, even if he was only on £500pw thats still a £50k buyout of his contract.

Yeah you are right JJ, sadly! Money for old rope isn't it. (or was that part of the Twine sale, ho ho)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 12:16:11 »

Football contacts are a law unto themselves. Often when a manager resigns the club pay the remainder of his contract up in full. Why this has always happened I have no idea, its rare that a manager leaves and all wage ties are severed instantly.
Or was that the real reason McGreal came - knowing there would be a constructive dismissal case to get fully paid up. Hope that prevents him for working in the meantime.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 12:50:03 »

Curran, the worst ive seen... sigh...

Clems Army!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 19:18:52 »

I thought the arrangement with managers and coaches is their wages get paid regular until they find another job or reach a compromise agreement with the old club.

You usually see them rock up at a new club when the settle their old club saying they have 'enjoyed a break from the game.

There are often arguements over taking a new job on less money as the old club will only pay the difference in salary and a lot of brinkmanship. Remember Phil Brown claiming he was owed money by LP.

I guess McGreal could argue constructive dismissal as he couldn't bring in the players he was promised. Whereas the club could say you didn't stick it out until the takeover and we've backed our new manager.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1027 on: Thursday, September 23, 2021, 07:20:28 »

I thought the arrangement with managers and coaches is their wages get paid regular until they find another job or reach a compromise agreement with the old club.

You usually see them rock up at a new club when the settle their old club saying they have 'enjoyed a break from the game.

There are often arguements over taking a new job on less money as the old club will only pay the difference in salary and a lot of brinkmanship. Remember Phil Brown claiming he was owed money by LP.

I guess McGreal could argue constructive dismissal as he couldn't bring in the players he was promised. Whereas the club could say you didn't stick it out until the takeover and we've backed our new manager.
Reading between the lines i think it may be safe to say McGreal knew from day 1 what was going to happen and rocked up signed a very nice deal and fucked off knowing he is probably entitled to a pay off. 9/10 times it is likely to work but it looks like we have someone who is prepared to take it as far as they can and argue that the contract signed etc was dodgy

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 10:10:21 »

Yet another sponsorship deal announced today - Wagamama. Probably not huge but there seems to be one every week or so!

I wonder if it ever crossed Power’s mind to actually run the club honestly.

What’s the fat cunt doing nowadays?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 10:15:16 »

Yet another sponsorship deal announced today - Wagamama. Probably not huge but there seems to be one every week or so!

I wonder if it ever crossed Power’s mind to actually run the club honestly.

What’s the fat cunt doing nowadays?

Gone to ground like the Jackal?

Clems Army!
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1030 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 12:03:57 »

Hi All, just so everyone knows the Standing v Power court case scheduled for this month in court has been suspended/moved into 2022 (May to Oct 2022), no reason given by the court. This does mean that any outcome from this of which the efl/fa might potentially take action on the club (hopefully not but we don't know if it will), is unlikely to be applied this season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 13:04:48 »

Hi All, just so everyone knows the Standing v Power court case scheduled for this month in court has been suspended/moved into 2022 (May to Oct 2022), no reason given by the court. This does mean that any outcome from this of which the efl/fa might potentially take action on the club (hopefully not but we don't know if it will), is unlikely to be applied this season.

No doubt, in true Swindon style, we will therefore get promoted this season then get clobbered with a season fucking up points deduction next season!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 14:01:35 »

Jiggery pokery alert?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 15:19:30 »

Whoop we have finally got the official headphone partner sorted, thought they would never get it over the line!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 16:30:42 »

Whoop we have finally got the official headphone partner sorted, thought they would never get it over the line!

Not sure what you'd been hearing to suggest otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: