Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123574 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #720 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 18:30:27 »

Thanks guys. It wasn't helpful when everyone dug into their trenches as either 'Happy Clappers' or 'The Power Out Brigade' last time round. Can we not just be Swindon Town fans wanting the best for our club? No one should be shot down for asking questions when there are questions to be asked, particularly when the club and Trust have invited them through their open and transparent mantra.
Agree and I am sure the answers will come.  I think 99% of the fan base wanted Power out so I don't think trenches were needed
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 19:07:37 »

Didn’t expect to have so much to read about this today. Agree with Rich’s and WMS1879’s concerns. I was hoping we’d moved on from any links to the south London mafia. Now the club actually needs to walk the big talk about transparency. Including why this Austin figure from Beckenham is a dedicated STFC fan, and why they felt it was relevant to include the information about the beating in an announcement about his appointment to the board. It’s almost as if that was included for other eyes than the fans, but it hardly inspires confidence.

The honeymoon is heading for its first big test, and it’s entirely of the new owner’s making. Clumsy comms just before our first home game and while they’re begging for season ticket subs, but we’re right to be wary.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 19:27:45 »

Didn’t expect to have so much to read about this today. Agree with Rich’s and WMS1879’s concerns. I was hoping we’d moved on from any links to the south London mafia. Now the club actually needs to walk the big talk about transparency. Including why this Austin figure from Beckenham is a dedicated STFC fan, and why they felt it was relevant to include the information about the beating in an announcement about his appointment to the board. It’s almost as if that was included for other eyes than the fans, but it hardly inspires confidence.

The honeymoon is heading for its first big test, and it’s entirely of the new owner’s making. Clumsy comms just before our first home game and while they’re begging for season ticket subs, but we’re right to be wary.

100% this.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 19:39:52 »

Deep breath, this could be a long post.

Some worrying revelations this afternoon and I’ve been dipping in and out of the forum trying to make some sense of it all and I’m not sure I have however.

Feel free to correct me as this seems to be a recent popular trend 😉

Clem said that he was sponsoring Harrow Borough through someone he knew after attending some international games whilst over in England/Europe on business. After this he was then introduced to P. Lower and that’s where his association with the Town began, so I deduce that this Austin Chappy ‘may’ be the conduit for either the HB sponsorship or the Town investment.

Could it be that Austin was roughed up by as yet un-named tossers (who were they and why), because he nailed his colours to a different mast than the assailants & their paymasters? Could it be he also helped nail a certain individual or individuals in ways not yet clear or in the public domain because he felt responsible for the outcome of a certain introduction which had gone horribly wrong? It also may be that he does have what could only be described at this point as a possibly chequered past, however, Clem and the trust seem happy with this appointment. I agree that there needs to be some sort of clarification on this matter sooner rather than later.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 19:46:07 »

Adds a bit of niggling uncertainty Swindon fans could well do without.

Hopeful more information will be divulged by the trust or the club at some point.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 19:47:40 »

The timing of the statement on the clubs website seems strange unless Clem has done it on purpose to get things out in the open.

So, give no fucks
wisemensay1879

« Reply #726 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:09:51 »

Mr Austin's aforementioned horse: https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/3601919/power-il-topo/form

Power Il Topo translates from Italian as Power the mouse/rat.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:11:57 »

Mr Austin's aforementioned horse: https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/3601919/power-il-topo/form

Power Il Topo translates from Italian as Power the mouse/rat.

As in Topo Gigio.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:25:24 »

Not going into the details but know the history to all of this.
As said previously more to come out in the fullness of time and not going to post on a forum.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:31:20 »

As said previously more to come out in the fullness of time and not going to post on a forum.

Interesting times ahead.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:32:08 »

Honestly, why say anything?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:36:21 »

Interesting times ahead.
Interesting times ahead.

Only challenge we have right now is avoiding points deductions.
You don’t get choices when it comes to football ownership.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:37:11 »

Don’t think there’s any doubt that our man is the money launderer. The clipping that someone pasted earlier puts him at exactly the right age, suggesting the bbc report had his age wrong.
Also did a search for Zaver and Zavier Austin on Ancestry.com which returned just one result in UK, a Zaver Ruby Austin born Bromley in Q3 1970.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:41:54 »

Let's lose this negativity we've only been happy for three weeks  Eek

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 20:42:23 »

I’ve also heard this.
Might hear something next week, possible the week after. At some point in the future definitely.
Just have to see what’s happens.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: