Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122689 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 14:43:37 »

Did Clem’s initial statement not state that Austin would be on the shadow board? Now he’s coming in as Vice chairman.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 14:47:06 »

Fair points JJ. I have probably been unfairly swayed by the conviction links that may or may not pertain to him. Also re the ex-Power links I was talking to someone about this and he reminded me that Clem is effectively an ex-Power man so perhaps we need to cut them some slack until we know and hear more about him.
Knowing Power, though, he would only invite somebody into the club that he was fairly certain was a bit of a kindred spirit - he wouldn’t want anyone asking questions as to various practices.

Presume Clem was attractive because of the £1.1m and he then quickly fucked him over and cut him out if the STFC loop.

I cant believe Clem would jeopardise all his good work the past 3 weeks. Just why did he include the assault bit in that statement. Weird.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 14:47:36 »

Did Clem’s initial statement not state that Austin would be on the shadow board? Now he’s coming in as Vice chairman.

Correct. I imagine it was always the plan to have Austin on the main board though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 15:09:55 »

Some good editing work here

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 15:12:43 »

So many contributions using phrases like 'I imagine'. Ask the questions, absolutely, but don't imagine your own answers. That's how we go downhill. Wait for the answers  which will surely come.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 15:13:33 »

such a thing would potentially appear on the EFL checks anyway as it is one of the few things they do worry about.

It's come to light recently that the EFL basically just checks to see if you have access to funds and makes very little moral judgement. Which is how Lee Power was allowed to take us over after being involved in the downfall of Luton, Rushden and Diamonds and Cambridge, one would assume.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 15:14:49 »

I'd put a pretty confident bet on Zaver/Zavier/Xavier being the same bloke.

no judgement on this bloke just yet but its all a bit Jed McCoy/ Jed McRory/ Jed McCrory.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 16:45:34 »

Fair enough! Just a lifelong fan sat here watching what looks like a rather strange personality cult forming and wondering why no-one is asking what seems to be a fairly glaring question.

As someone said earlier, I can't imagine someone with Rob Angus' business background getting into bed with a (potentially) convicted criminal, so lets just hope they have done their homework and haven't been blinded by baubles and access to the club that we all love.

hiya Lee, how's Rochdale looking?
wisemensay1879

« Reply #713 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:26:55 »

Why Lee?! I've literally said this bloke's connection to Power is one of the reasons I'm worried!

It seems blindingly obvious to me that the Trust (and the club) have a question to answer here. Once answered satisfactorily we can all focus on the season ahead. But today was a massively worrying development in my opinion, and Morfuni's first mistake. If nothing else, and all these hypotheses are wrong, the statement was bizarre. Why is a story about a man getting beaten up going out on the Club's headed paper unless there are insinuations that it is relevant?
« Last Edit: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:35:38 by wisemensay1879 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #714 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:36:38 »

OK, Dolph.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:42:14 »

I have 10500+ posts and have similar concerns. Concerns that can hopefully be alleviated in time.

As I said previously, I hate not being able to take everything at face value. It's Lee Power's fault.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #716 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:42:44 »

I have 10500+ posts and have similar concerns. Concerns that can hopefully be alleviated in time.

As I said previously, I hate not being able to take everything at face value. It's Lee Power's fault.
100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #717 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:47:08 »

There are certainly questions to be answered and i will be really shocked if they are not answered soon enough. As fans i think we have every single right to ask these questions and not jump down the throat of anyone who asks them or has concerns. I will reserve judgement on the guy and see what unfolds, the one weird saving grace is that based on the attack i'd imagine (sorry Iffy) he isn't close to Power any more
wisemensay1879

« Reply #718 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 17:54:44 »

Thanks guys. It wasn't helpful when everyone dug into their trenches as either 'Happy Clappers' or 'The Power Out Brigade' last time round. Can we not just be Swindon Town fans wanting the best for our club? No one should be shot down for asking questions when there are questions to be asked, particularly when the club and Trust have invited them through their open and transparent mantra.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #719 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 18:04:46 »

Thanks guys. It wasn't helpful when everyone dug into their trenches as either 'Happy Clappers' or 'The Power Out Brigade' last time round. Can we not just be Swindon Town fans wanting the best for our club? No one should be shot down for asking questions when there are questions to be asked, particularly when the club and Trust have invited them through their open and transparent mantra.
Totally agree with this and you are right but I also think we need to be realistic in our timings. I have seen people demanding answers etc straight away. Let's just see what happens
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: