Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122668 times)
wisemensay1879

« Reply #675 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 12:47:29 »

The presence of Zavier Austin is what is preventing me jumping aboard the Clem Morfuni fun bus. It really concerns me that this might all just be a case of 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss.'

We know that Austin was an associate of Lee Power, which is worrying enough in the first place. He is also clearly a longstanding associate of Morfuni.

A cursory google turns up an appearance by a 'Zav Austin' in a book called 'Born Gangster' by Jimmy Tippet Jr, which appears to be your standard airport bookshop dross gangster biography, and contains the following passages:

"I was a Tippett and, as Dad said, we Tippetts were 'born to fight'. A few weeks later I was taking on Zav Austin, a bookmaker from Beckenham. I knew Zav already - he was a pretty boy who fancied himself as a bit of a face, one of those who talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk."

"I was determined to obliterate Zav because there'd always been a lot of rivalry between us and he'd recently run off with the wife of a major drugs baron I knew."

"Reggie Kray heard about my fight with Zav and offered to sponsor a rematch from his prison cell. But, before he could get around to organising it, Zav was kneecapped outside a paper shop in Bromley by contract killer James 'Jimbles' Tomkins. This was a warning to Zav to stay away from the drug baron's missus."

Now, there could be more than one Zav or Zavier Austin from Beckenham, but somehow I doubt it, and he sounds like the sort of chap I would expect to be chums with Lee Power.

What should concern any right minded Town fan is that our new saviour has just given this bloke his second glowing character reference and basically said he will be at the helm in his absence.

A known associate of Power with the history above. Who brought Clem Morfuni to the club. And is now being attacked by 'thugs' in front of his children. If this isn't ringing alarm bells I don't know what will.

I'm not saying that people need to wake up, but I do think people need to start asking questions. What is the Trust view on Austin?

I've had lots of worries about Morfuni that I've let be drowned out by the prospect of getting rid of Power (his endless talk of Axis' turnover rather than profit, his UK business issues, the fact that he was involved with Power himself, the glaring lack of any normal reason for him to get involved in our football club etc) but this one just won't go away.

The Trust keep saying they've done their due diligence. I hope that they have. No selfies with Clem for me just yet.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #676 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 12:58:05 »

Morfuni, Austin, Standing... there's a whole lot of naivity in this racket, isn't there?

Lot's more than that to be fair. Look at the clubs and sponsors he also done. Even his own mates have taken him to court
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:07:26 »

Looking at the accounts of TES, I’m surprised he can afford a cat let alone racehorses.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:10:05 »

Austin also owns horses. Likely to be the Power link. Let’s hope Curran doesn’t get bored at Rochdale…
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:10:52 »

Lot's more than that to be fair. Look at the clubs and sponsors he also done. Even his own mates have taken him to court

You can list them all but I'll still need convincing and I blame Power for that outlook. Ultimately I'll judge Morfuni on his Town tenure.
wisemensay1879

« Reply #680 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:14:52 »

https://courtnewsuk.co.uk/a-fall-guy-who-helped-run-a-pnds-stlg-12-5-milli/

I'm not registered on this site but 'Court News UK' seem to have the nefarious 'Zaver Austin' as 34 years old in 2005.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:22:39 »

Have to say that the Zav(i)er Austin statement has seen the first doubts creep into my mind. Ignoring the imprisonment story from 2005, the fact that he was a colleague of Power's during his reign and is now our vice chairman doesn't sit easily. Yes, he eventually fell out with Power but because of the type of men Power had in his circle the fact this fella is now Clem's 'second in charge' is a bit worrying.  

I hope the Trust have done some due diligence on him and will make some kind of statement soon?
« Last Edit: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:26:17 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:25:09 »

Quote from: Costanza
Google isn't always your friend.

I'm still on the fence with Morfuni and I spend most of my time feeling bad about that. Lee Power has heightened my sense of distrust when it comes to football business.

The PR drive has been impressive, the football stuff more so and I'm enjoying the majority of it all but it will take a bit more that pulling pints and posing for selfies before I can relax.

I think that's a fair enough attitude isn't it.

like you say, the proof will be in the pudding
kaufman

« Reply #683 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:26:04 »

This is the first time under the Clem era that many fans and myself will want the trust to look into this appointment and it'll need some explaining.

It's also the first time that Clem will probably not get away with just this statement and will need to expand further on Austin's past and links. Austin will no doubt have to do this himself.

"Open and Transparent" has been said more than the word Swindon in the interviews these past few weeks.
Anyone within a high position in the club has no option but to be so, or else it undoes everything they spoke about almost straight away.

I wish he would have put the statement out after the weekend although to be fair to him, Clem has spoken about Austin a few times during and after the takeover.

Richard Selbourne wrote a piece for the trust that they tweeted in July.
https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/1421115774853427208

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:33:07 »

Oh god, instant dread reading the (potential) history...

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:33:23 »

Not sure if I am reading too much into this but the statement that appeared on the STFC website was not 'introduced' via Twitter, which I believe all other online statements were.  Hmmm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #686 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:36:59 »

Lets not judge anything until we get the facts.

No knee jerk reactions, I know we are all worried hes cut from the same cloth as Power but maybe he isn't.

Lets not let this spoil the party until it looks like it has been proved to be spoilt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:40:03 »

I think this could do with some more from the club before the day is out. It's a potential own goal and dangerous for the club/fan relationship. If we've got the wrong man, then say so. if you have a reason to believe that the convicted money launderer, who appears to keep the kind of company that results in him getting beaten up at the age of 50, and (potentially) gets referenced in wideboy guides to drug running, is the best man for the job then please say why...
« Last Edit: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:47:19 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #688 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:40:22 »

You can list them all but I'll still need convincing and I blame Power for that outlook. Ultimately I'll judge Morfuni on his Town tenure.
100 Percent. I have no doubt we will hear from him soon
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Friday, August 13, 2021, 13:41:09 »

The saving grace is Aberdeen Angus being CEO. Presume he’s responsible for the day to day running of the club.

Not sure what a Vice Chairman’s input would be.

My worry is that it’s Clem that hasn’t done his due diligence on Austin.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: