Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123013 times)
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:07:24 »

He has left Nationwide. I believe that was being sorted yesterday, and that was why it didn't get announced until today

Cheers - and good to hear.

No one kills a thread like me....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:08:35 »

Wonder if he is taking a paycut. Probably on good whack on nationwide. CEO at a football club doesn't offer the best security!

Hats off to him. Bet his dreams have come true.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:14:38 »

Interesting appointment, my concern is the zero experience of running a football club which is totally different the finance world, it will certainly be a tough job.

Now the appointments are done, I find we have no one with experience of dealing with other clubs on football matters, especially transfers, while in the short term it is not really any issue but in the longer term a bit of experience does help so other clubs with more experience do not take advantage, even down to arranging loans and who pays what etc is negotiation.
Flashheart

« Reply #318 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:18:20 »

I find we have no one with experience of dealing with other clubs on football matters, especially transfers, while in the short

Except for the DOF, you mean?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:18:27 »

I don't imagine many football club CEOs have much experience at FCs when first appointed to their roles?
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #320 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:20:02 »

Rob is amazing guys, the Trusts loss is STFCs gain. He has alot of experience over the last 3 years in getting the GG purchase to a point of signing and has learnt an awful lot a out how football clubs operate over these years and add that to his business acumen and finance experience at board level he is the perfect candidate, he loves STFC so add that in. Really wonderful appointment  
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:23:47 »

Such a good feeling about things at long last.

LESS POWER. MOR(E) FUN(I)!!!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:26:27 »

Except for the DOF, you mean?

He was working as a scout - 2 different types of jobs
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:27:21 »

Rob is amazing guys, the Trusts loss is STFCs gain. He has alot of experience over the last 3 years in getting the GG purchase to a point of signing and has learnt an awful lot a out how football clubs operate over these years and add that to his business acumen and finance experience at board level he is the perfect candidate, he loves STFC so add that in. Really wonderful appointment  

Great reference.
Should provide a bridge to the Supporters that has been drastically missing.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:28:51 »

Nick Watkins had no football club experience when he came did he? He worked out alright.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:30:03 »

I don't know the ins and outs of scouting but I imagine there are elements of having to be involved with other football clubs. Or do they literally go back to headquarters and say 'these guys look good, maybe you should give Jim Bob at XXXXX FC a call to see if he's available, what price etc'?

I've literally no idea how it works but I imagine Chorley has a bit more involvement than you give credit for.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:35:57 »

Football experience is less important than business experience with the position i feel.  The club has been crying out to be run as a business rather than having a Mafia boardroom which is what we have seen over the past few years.

Let Rob focus on the business with Clem, leave the Ben's and the coaching staff to focus on the pitch, with Chorley being the conduit between upstairs and downstairs.

Should work well and is well overdue at Swindon Town FC

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:37:10 »

I think you're right
Flashheart

« Reply #328 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:44:07 »

I have known Ben Chorley for 5 years. Ben had a long successful career as a player and is incredibly knowledgeable about football and has a great knowledge on players. When I came to the club, it didn’t have a head of recruitment or chief scout which I thought was completely wrong. The most important part of building a successful team is recruiting the right players. Ben was actively involved in the recruitment for a couple of years at the club and helped the club make some excellent signings over that period

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/new-director-of-football-and-head-coach-appointed/
Crackity Jones

« Reply #329 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 12:03:30 »

Football experience is less important than business experience with the position i feel.  The club has been crying out to be run as a business rather than having a Mafia boardroom which is what we have seen over the past few years.

Let Rob focus on the business with Clem, leave the Ben's and the coaching staff to focus on the pitch, with Chorley being the conduit between upstairs and downstairs.

Should work well and is well overdue at Swindon Town FC
This is my view as well. Surround yourself with the right people to run the football and commercial side etc.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: