Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 827   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1174097 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 12:57:49 »

I estimate that the goodwill will have evaporated by Sunday 12 September 2021.

Nothing to see here
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 12:59:07 »

I've just remembered something that my old mate, Reg, would have remembered: St Clem is the patron saint of blacksmiths. St Clem was the name on the lips of Wiltshire agricultural rioters in the Captain Swing riots of 1830. I shall have a drink tonight, courtesy of the Radical Stroud Reg Smeeton Memorial Cup, and toast St Clem. This is, as Reg would say, a very good rune.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:01:02 »

I've just remembered something that my old mate, Reg, would have remembered: St Clem is the patron saint of blacksmiths. St Clem was the name on the lips of Wiltshire agricultural rioters in the Captain Swing riots of 1830. I shall have a drink tonight, courtesy of the Radical Stroud Reg Smeeton Memorial Cup, and toast St Clem. This is, as Reg would say, a very good rune.

Love it!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:03:02 »

Was initially concerned about whether Rob has the experience for the role despite his track record in finance, but the more I think about it, the more excited I am about the combination of a fan-run club ą la Exeter etc with the huge boost to community engagement that brings, but with the financial backing of an apparently genuine benefactor.

I have Pompey friends who were sad when their Trust had to sell to Eisner in order to compete longer-term. They can only dream of being allowed this far back into the running of their club.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:04:05 »

I estimate that the goodwill will have evaporated by Sunday 12 September 2021.

Nah, we always batter Port Vale at home  Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:04:30 »

You must be seething you didn't get the call.  Cheesy

Nope!  🙂
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:05:27 »

Miss Reg.  Wish he'd been around to see this.  And comment!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:06:41 »

Miss Reg.  Wish he'd been around to see this.  And comment!

At least we have a reasonably experienced right back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:10:21 »

I love having Reg here in spirit. However he'd surely also find negative aspects in the situation, for instance in the empowerment of the workers only being enabled through the munificence of a capitalist financier. This may be Cadbury-style benefaction, but it isn't seizing the means of production.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:16:41 »

Strong reference… my dissertation was on the Swing riots!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:19:23 »

Can't imagine Reg would have been a fan of Ben Garner's appointment. He seemed to prefer a more pragmatic type.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:23:42 »

Talking of old posters, I reckon there may be an appearance by an old favourite pretty soon!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:25:45 »

Talking of old posters, I reckon there may be an appearance by an AUD favourite pretty soon!

Hmmm
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:26:29 »

Hmmm

very well done sir!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:27:30 »

Apologies to all for going off on one ( or 2 or 3), a couple of weeks away and with things now settled I hope I can behave myself.

Anyway, I still see our resident dullard hasn’t managed to post one single positive comment on the events of the past couple of days. How he must hate it!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 827   Go Up
Print
Jump to: