Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122700 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:28:16 »

Here's Rob's LinkedIn bio for anyone who is curious...

I am an experienced Finance and Strategy Leader, with a track record of providing long term business strategies, leading and building finance teams, developing and driving key commercial programmes to ensure maximum share holder value and customer satisfaction.

Some of my stand out projects have included: Establishing and building a ‘greenfield’ Fin Tech digital business bank for Nationwide Building Society in 18 months; leading the turnaround of an underperforming and loss making business line to contributing profit of £50m within 18 months; and creating and executing the acquisition of assets from a major Bank, delivering £100m in profit for the business.

I have worked for Nationwide Building society for a number of years. During this time and due to my wide range of skills I have led multiple business lines and have been involved in some of the banks most innovative programmes. I have a solid foundation in ‘nuts and bolts’ accounting and have multiple qualifications including ACCA and CTA. My most recent roles have been focused on finance and long-term strategy in the FS sector.

Key Skills - Team Leadership, Financial Analysis, Financial Management, Cost Management, M&A, Commercial Management, Business Transformation, Agile skills, experience and mindset, Financial Reporting, Product/Proposition Marketing, Risk Management, Financial Control, Board Level Influencing and 3rd Party Stakeholder Management
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:31:00 »

Hooray. Now the ITK ones can not tell us the players they know we're going to sign....

Clap

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #302 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:37:34 »

Here's Rob's LinkedIn bio for anyone who is curious...

He's probably better qualified for the job than a lot of football CEOs with experience are.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:39:25 »

It's a brilliant appointment with Clem having the fans in mind.

This feels like a dream at the moment. Let's hope it lasts?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:40:10 »

Don't know anything about Rob, but having a trust board member as CEO is a positive move
Also the fact that he has resigned his position as a board member of TrustSTFC indicates that both Rob and the Club have a keener feel for good governance and (potential) conflicts of interest than, for example, most of our Government including its lawyers.

Long live TrustSTFC and long live STFC Pint
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:40:54 »

Before I retired I worked for nationwide for many years. In my role I got to know most of the executives and would be aware of issues or reputations
Rob had a great reputation. Not only for being open, friendly, approachable but also his intellect. Unlike most I never heard a bad word about him.
Although no experience about being CEO in football, this bloke will learn very quickly.  A superb appointment. STFC through and through.
If the club want reingagement with the fans then they'll get it.
This bloke is the real deal.
Give him some space to bed into the role. Allow a couple of early errors and I think he will be excellent.
Given the fucking idiots Rob has had to deal with at nationwide, hell do the relationship side really well.
Great appointment by Clem and don't forget by nature, im a miserable negative cynical old git.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:41:09 »

It’s really all about who is pulling the strings in the background.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:47:57 »

Words from the man himself https://truststfc.tv/robert-angus/
Crackity Jones

« Reply #308 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:56:24 »

I have banked with Nationwide for over 20 years and never had an issue with my current or savings account. Angus IN!

Seriously though - reading Rob's bio, what a great appointment. A wealth of relevant experience (those accounting skills are going to be tested over the coming weeks) and an STFC fan with a vision of a sustainable community club. Clap
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:57:42 »

I worked with Rob at Nationwide also, as already stated he is the real deal and a brilliant bloke too.

This appointment is up there with the best appointments we have made (not that we have a great track record) Grin
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:59:13 »

This is all really happening, isn't it?  Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:00:23 »

Got to be a chance of Nationwide returning as chief sponsor, you would think. Not just because of the obvious connection, but because it would be a good time for them to seek to ride the wave of optimism that will be around the club for a while, at least.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:00:35 »

a very interesting appointment

'one of us' as CEO. A bloody difficult job but at least he's stfc through and through

obviously he can't be 'one of us' as closely now.

a very positive appointment. going to be a steep learning curve is my only worry. But I don't know the guy, he may lap it up
-------
edit: great to hear Chalkies!
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:02:01 »

Looks excellent move.

One question, probably a stupid one - is he quitting Nationwide, or is CEO kinda extra-curricula/part time (I would have thought it needs to be FT given the shit that needs sorting)?

Notwithstanding, for the first time since probably the Pox game last year I am starting to feel better or even good about the club. All the noises seem incredibly positive and genuine (and the Aussie seems to be able string three words together without saying “well, yeah, no”).

The future is bright

No one kills a thread like me....
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:05:26 »

One question, probably a stupid one - is he quitting Nationwide, or is CEO kinda extra-curricula/part time (I would have thought it needs to be FT given the shit that needs sorting)?

He has left Nationwide. I believe that was being sorted yesterday, and that was why it didn't get announced until today

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: